Honored Contributor

There are only a few vendors that I watch (and buy) regularly.  LOGO is one of them.  If I "really" want a piece - I'll spend the money.  Most of the time I wait to see if it gets marked down.  

I have a lot of LOGO ... catch a few pieces every time I see a lower price!

Same with other vendors,  

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

@Bernie - it's not just LOGO.  Most QVC clothing prices are totally outrageous for what you get.   I can afford them, but I just don't want them.  

Yes.  I think that point is missed in this conversation.  The LOGO line is just an example.  The value just isn't there at these price points.  I'm not so lazy that I can't search out better deals.  QVC is getting slammed on FB about their clothing prices, so it's being noticed by many.

@MomCat 

Not lazy, thank you.  I know what I like and what fits me properly.

Regular Contributor

Point is definitly being missed.  Its not about being able to afford it. Prices are outrageous for what you get! Not a good value so basically if you like gettting ripped off so be it! Fools!

Honored Contributor

The point that is quite deliberately being "missed" is that the concept of "expensive" when you are applying to every woman in the entire world, regardless of income is laughably ridiculous.  Who in their right mind would think that anything here at QVC or on any shopping channel is prohibitively expensive?  We aren't seeing $600 tank tops and $2000 boot...LOL  

Respected Contributor

I just don’t think that name-calling is necessary.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

General concensus is that the prices are too high.  The clothing is just average, nothing special IMO.

well, you either like it or you dont......you either purchase (at regular or sale pricing) or you dont. pretty much like any other store online or brick and mortar.

if the brand wasnt selling well then QVC would not be selling it NOR would they have expanded the iine. the market is there and there are SOME that choose not to buy for various reasons. what is average to you may be a a big no for someone else or may be a big hit to someone else.

qvc carries a variety of clothing lines and styles. i doubt there is even one person who loves every single line on qvc. good thing we all have choices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I noticed that the Q keeps throwing these high priced items at us.  I am not paying $100 for jeans or a shirt.  I am retired.  D&Co. use to be the line that was reasonable and now they are sky high on items.  Pretty soon the Q will lose customers instead of gaining because when you are charging high prices, women want to try it on first.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I deal with the price issue by only buying stuff from QVC that I can't get elsewhere and only pay full price if it's something I really want.  It's not that I can't afford it - it's the principle of the thing!   I'm a bargain hunter.  I don't need "a label" on my clothes or handbags or shoes.

I get most of my basics from Hanes and LandsEnd and JCP. 

I would never in a million years consider buying food from QVC!

So - basically LOGO, SG and Rinna tops - D&C original side pocket pants, and an occasional bargain from Lunch Time Special or Prime Time Special

Honored Contributor

Re: Ridiculous prices

[ Edited ]

@Leelee1123 wrote:

Point is definitly being missed.  Its not about being able to afford it. Prices are outrageous for what you get! Not a good value so basically if you like gettting ripped off so be it! Fools!

@Leelee1123, calling people fools is definitely uncalled for.  

Everyone decides what a good value is for their budget.  And one person's expensive is another person's cheap.  Everyone has a different budget and income level therefore price is relative.

I have purchased $10.00 tops that weren't a good value for me at all because they fell apart after one wearing, were pilled, looked like rags, etc.  OTOH, I have spent $60.00 on a top that is still in my closet years later and looks brand new.     

Trusted Contributor

The cost of clothing and accessories is personal. Some people pay a lot more for a few things and some people prefer to use the same amount of money and buy many things.

And obviously, everyone's paycheck is different and people need to make budgetary decisions that reflect what their income is.