Honored Contributor

Revisiting BOHO and HIPPIE Fashions

The recent Boho Chic thread got me thinking (and reminiscing of my Greenwich Village coffee shop days).   When you google Boho or hippie style - results are quite similar.  So - I'm calling it hippie/boho.

Looking at some of today's Boho fashion pics in that thread - definitely not my look.  But when I look at individual crocheted or knitted pieces (vests, ponchos, coats and cardigans, totes/purses) ... they look just like the stuff I make.  

Any way - I'm finishing up a cardigan that is definitely Boho inspired. Looks a lot more complicated/intricate than it really is. 

DMing my SIL last night - we're both finishing up our current projects - discussing what we are going to do next.  We each have an "award winning" yarn stash.  I have this shaded blue yarn I'm anxious to make something with!

I'm sitting there crocheting ... thinking about what I'm going to make next ... watching Lisa Rinna yesterday and her duster gave me a great idea:  updated ccrocheted hippie vest.  

It's going to be longer and wider than the original, and the yarn a different texture and a lighter weight.  I dug up an old pattern and started it last night - and it looks like it will be a quickie to make.  I like lacy crocheted vests over t-shirts in the summer.  Jazzes up the look.

I plan to wear it with both my LOGO indigo denim pants and my new (ordered yesterday) white LOGO pants. and also some wide leg linen pants.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Revisiting BOHO and HIPPIE Fashions

I'd LOVE to see what you're making.  Please post a picture of your goodies!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Definitely .... the cardigan is turning out fantastic!   I expect the vest will also!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ECBG 

Definitely .... the cardigan is turning out fantastic!   I expect the vest will also!

@ALRATIBA Thank you.  I never had the patience to do hand work like that, although, I did try it once.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I posted a bunch of pics quite some time ago ... they should still be around somewhere.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA The cardigan you just finished is posted?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

No - sorry for misunderstanding ... earlier projects.  Latest has to be blocked before photos.