Honored Contributor

Reviews of Stitch Fix Appreciated

One of my bosses told me about Stitch Fix, and that she usually purchases five outfits from them every other month. I had never heard about it before today. She always looks like a very fashionable/professional administrator at work, so my curiosity is piqued.

If you have used their services, I would appreciate hearing your review of the company that serves as a fashion consultant for you with reasonably priced clothing, based upon your initial criteria set out when you sign up.

Thanks in advance for any pro/con information. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Reviews of Stitch Fix Appreciated

I have used Stich Fix many times.  It took a while for me to get them to understand what I was looking for, as we have a very casual workplace dress code.  Once they got what I wanted, I do feel as though they "get my style" now.  The only bad thing that I can say is that they are a little pricey for what I can get in my area.  The fact that they send brands I may not usually see in my B&M is what I like most about them.  Good Luck!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I really like Stitch Fix I get one every two months. It’s like Christmas. Like someone else said lt could take a few times to get your style right. The return and exchange is so easy and when you give them feedback they seem to really really listen. One of the best companies.

Respected Contributor

I get one on occasion.  It's kind of nice to have someone else pick out some clothes for me.  Sometimes they do a great job, other times, not so much.  But it is easy to return.  As someone else said, they can be pricey, but I have many items that I've kept and the quality is pretty good.

Honored Contributor

It was mostly a miss for me. 

Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I have used Stich Fix many times.  It took a while for me to get them to understand what I was looking for, as we have a very casual workplace dress code.  Once they got what I wanted, I do feel as though they "get my style" now.  The only bad thing that I can say is that they are a little pricey for what I can get in my area.  The fact that they send brands I may not usually see in my B&M is what I like most about them.  Good Luck!

Two of my friends have used Stitch Fix for some time and this is very much the same thing they've told me.

They do both feel that the quality is worth it. One uses Stitch Fix twice a year and the other about quarterly. They both live in northern California, so they don't have to worry much about 4 seasons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to all for the replies. I really appreciate it.

I believe I will try it a couple of times, and if I really have good results, I will have it done automatically, perhaps every second or third month.

I always like how my boss dresses, and didn't know until this morning that 2-3 times a week, she is wearing a Stitch Fix outfit!

Sounds fun! Who knows, maybe I will like their taste in assembling something for me better than what I do. Always good to get a fresh take or an objective view. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler 

I got one order. I was out of town when it arrived & basically had 1 day to decide whether to keep it. I kept it & it cost me around $140. I have never worn anything in the shipment & I doubt I will. I’m kicking myself for keeping it. They give you a discount if you keep everything & at the time I thought I would wear a couple things. But now I realize they’re too big & look awful on me. 

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters Oh, so sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad

How many days do they give you to decide?

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler 

The order was delivered on a Friday & I seem to recall only having 3 days. Maybe they have changed that? I was out of town & basically had to try the stuff on quickly & decide. When I cancelled future shipments they asked why & I said it wasn’t enough time to decide.