Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews of Stitch Fix Appreciated

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo @Shelbelle @Lipstickdiva @Leggett28 @Tribesters @redwingsgal  @GenXmuse @DrKelli @Alison Wonderland

I want to give an update to everyone who gave me comments on this thread.

I received my first Stitch Fix box of articles today and love, love, love everything in it! Yes, I am keeping all five items (which means I get a 25% discount on the total).

I have never heard of these clothing companies before:

Knit top by Skies Are Blue

Floral Scarf by Lulla

Fae Straight Leg Jean by Liverpool

Longsleeve Knit Cardigan by 41 Hawthorn

Curved Hem Knit Tunic by Cupio Blush

I'm assuming they won't be sending me any Susan Graver, Quacker Factory, Isaac Mizrahi, etc. Smiley Happy

All of them fit perfectly! So very happy for each piece, and can honestly say, none of them are ones I would have thought to purchase had I seen them on a hangar in a store. The combination of colors and/or style would not be something I would have thought would look good on me.

Was going to do it every three months, but think I will change it to every other month. They included a personalized card that indicated why they chose the pieces. I mentioned that I was fine with round/scoop neck tops if I can wear a scarf with it, my stylist (Carson) said that was why a scarf was included with the knit top.

I also mentioned that I prefer 3/4 length tops or long sleeves, and that was indicated when explaining why I was sent the other knit top.

Was extremely surprised that the jeans fit perfectly and have a little "give" in the material, which is something I specified as a top priority. Jeans are hit or miss with me. Each brand fits me differently. But this was a home run!

All the pieces can be mixed or matched with each other and with other things in my closet. 

If there is anything I would change, I would prefer a scarf that does not require dry cleaning, but I will put that down as a suggestion in the future......everything wash and wear!

My friends at work who also use Stitch Fix were so excited to see each piece and how well they felt the colors went with my skin tone and hair color. Taking the time to fill out the questions Stitch Fix asks is very, very important. Takes a while, but at least this time, everything was according to what I specified I was interested in. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler 

That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you! I wish I had had a similar experience but I didn't even get a card explaining why they picked what they did?! Sounds like they did a really good job but now I want to see what you got!

I haven't heard of any of those brands either. Did they stick with your price range?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo Your wish is my command! ha!

Here are the cards that were included. Sorry I couldn't take better photos of the cards.  You would never know that WHITE is the paper these pictures are printed on!

The item in the middle of each of these is what I was sent. What they show to the left and right of each piece are ideas of how to put an ensemble together using what they sent. But in this case at least, I am able to use the pieces they sent to put together a few outfits.

The Ashtyn Curved Hem Tunic Knit Top is a hunter green.

The Mia Floral Oblong Scarf is a multicolor with burgundy, navy, and cream.

The Madaline Multi Patterned Knit Top is white with navy blue dots and stripes.

The Fae Straight Leg Jean is Indigo.

The Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan is burgundy or raspberry.

The last thing is the personalized note that was sent from my stylist, Carson, who sends me Cheers! Heart

IMG_9106.jpeg

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_7636.jpeg

IMG_5857.jpeg

IMG_4975.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo As to sticking to my price range, I would say yes, each piece was in my price range. However, the total came to $238 (jeans were $88, but I really LOVE them!).

With the 25% discount, that brought it down to $178.50, and because I purchased something, they gave me the $20 styling fee credit. If you don't purchase anything, you pay the $20 fee.

Shipping coming and going is free, whether you purchase or not. No charge to ship the items to you, and no charge to send it back in the pre-paid, addressed bag they include.

Final price for these items was $158.50.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Wow! Sounds like this Carson really paid attention to your answers! If I could choose my stylist and get Carson I would probably try again! 
I didn't receive anything like that with my package. Sounds like they're trying harder to keep customers

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo Another couple of things that I noticed.....well, the gang at work pointed out to me. The finish work on every single one of these items was excellent. The hems were well done. There were little things you can't see on these photos that show they are made well. One of the pieces had a rolled hem, and we closely checked all the stitching. Every piece was well put together in the details.

One of my bosses who says she has been wearing 2-3 pieces a week from Stitch Fix said there was a time when the stylist sent items twice in a row that had nothing to do with what she originally requested they send her. She asked to have a different stylist, which is a box you can check. From then on, she has been happy with the selections and said she purchases at least one thing each time, and usually it is 2-3 of the 5 things they send that she buys.

Another gal I work with has items sent every three months.

Then someone else walked in while we were going thru my box of clothes and said she knows someone in Southern California who is a stylist for Stitch Fix. And another said she used to work with a gal who lived "up north" and also was a stylist. That really surprised me, because I just assumed they used a computer algorithm that comes up with the ideas, not actual people.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

When they contacted me after I sent everything back and said how disappointed I was I was told that they would use a different stylist and I think whoever was emailing me said she would do it herself. I was just so annoyed! 5 misses are forgivable, It happens, but not sending me things I specifically stated I didn't want or need?!

'I really have no use for dresses. I barely wear the ones I already own!' They sent me a dress?!

'I live in Miami so I have no use for outerwear but if I did I'm not a cardigan person I prefer jackets' Guess who got a brand new cardigan in her box?! LOL 

From what I read it sounds like they actually paid attention and put some real thought into what they were sending you! I think I may give it another try

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I just finished doing the review for them of each item they sent. I was as detailed as space allowed, so they know exactly what I liked about each item and why.

I also made a point to tell Carson that although I love and am keeping the scarf, in the future I don't want anything that requires dry cleaning.....I'm a wash and wear type of gal! LOL!!

I realize there will be things that are sent to me that I won't like, but it is just sort of fun to be surprised by what they come up with that I wouldn't have thought of for myself.

I wish you good luck if you decide to try it again. If there is space, you might tell them WHY (again) you didn't continue using them. I would think that if someone is coming back for another try at it and I read what their concerns were last time, I would give them extra attention and work extra hard to make them happier this time around. But that's just me. Smiley Happy

Be sure to let me know what you do!

Super Contributor

My nephew works for them. Seems like they treat the employees well. 

Honored Contributor

I don't shop for clothing enough for such a service, although it would be nice to get some styles that aren't available at my local Belk which is where I usually end up.  I have to scour the store to find things I like.  They seem to like to buy a lot of the same things just in differnt colors.  Can't find a pair of pants I like there.  The fabrics are horrible and stiff for pants. I can just feel them and say "no".  Plus, I really need to try things on for fit.  I generally wear regular people sizes on top, but have to have petite for the bottoms, especially pants.