Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Overlap L/S Knit Top A257313

I think when I see it on the models, perhaps that will seal the deal of whether to buy or not. I just hope it does not sell out prior to that. I guess I could put it in the can and then always delete it. That's the ticket. I think a 22.5 is mighty short for me. I am just really long waisted and big busted which makes shopping difficult at best. Thanks for all the time and effort you take to assist shoppers and designer. You deserve more than a thumbs up but that is all I have and you know how I love kitties.Image result for thumbs up image

Honored Contributor

Do you wear an XXS namealreadytaken? If you do, then it would be a concern, but if you wear larger than an XXS you have nothing to worry about!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I just received this top in stone, medium and love this fabric. I didn't know what to expect. I first thought this fabric was heavier like the marled yarn pieces Louis did in tops and skirts a season or two ago so I was surprised this is very, very light and 4 season wear. Yikes! I hesitate to say the weight remains me of Feather Jersey. Very stretchy knit and very adjustable front opening; cross over high or pull apart almost to the waist. I have broad shoulders and busty and I like that this top can be adjusted as desired; work or night out or as was suggested with a tank underneath for introducing another element. Going back to buy the skirt; such nice fabric. Stone is gorgeous...

Honored Contributor

Of course Louis does this style better!

This style top has been one of my perennial favorites for at least a decade. The style has a way of flattering me, so of course, I am a huge fan no matter who the designer is.

Or so I thought.

Louis took this style up a notch. It has to do with the way the draping is accomplished in the front of the garment. This top looks, in a word, very elegant. My regular size large fit, with room to spare at the top of the hip area. Love this so much that I returned for the black mix's skirt and the grey top.

LOVE!

ETA: Just now read the first online review for this piece, and the reviewer also felt that Louis "kicked [this item] up a notch." So, it must be so. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Any thoughts on how this style would fit someone (me, lol) who wears an XXS, is not busty and has a long torso? So on the fence about this. Love the looks of it, but getting tired of returning pieces that don't fit me well.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 mjunkie said:

Any thoughts on how this style would fit someone (me, lol) who wears an XXS, is not busty and has a long torso? So on the fence about this. Love the looks of it, but getting tired of returning pieces that don't fit me well.

m, most likely this particular top would give you that long, elegant high-fashion look because of its drapiness. You know, that elegant look that thin models usually show off. Perhaps that is why Louis designed the top in this way. It can accommodate the buxom and the not-so-endowed so that each type is presented in a flattering way.

The garment stretches and can deal with a long torso, which I also have.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Goldie76 said:
On 1/27/2015 mjunkie said:

m, most likely this particular top would give you that long, elegant high-fashion look because of its drapiness. You know, that elegant look that thin models usually show off. Perhaps that is why Louis designed the top in this way. It can accommodate the buxom and the not-so-endowed so that each type is presented in a flattering way.

The garment stretches and can deal with a long torso, which I also have.

Thank you so much for your input! You convinced me to give it a shot. Crossing my fingers it will look long and elegant on me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I posted but it disappeared. Going to try it. I was impressed with Happy Lady's review. Thanks to all. JJM, I haven't been an XXS since 2001. LOL. Each dose of pulsed methylprednisolone brings me up another notch. ;-) Would you compare the fabric for me to anything we have had before. I think we both go back pretty far and have lots of Louis, so if you can recall anything...you are so kind. Your review was so nice and weighty, as always. You do details very well.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Goldie76 said:

Of course Louis does this style better!

This style top has been one of my perennial favorites for at least a decade. The style has a way of flattering me, so of course, I am a huge fan no matter who the designer is.

Or so I thought.

Louis took this style up a notch. It has to do with the way the draping is accomplished in the front of the garment. This top looks, in a word, very elegant. My regular size large fit, with room to spare at the top of the hip area. Love this so much that I returned for the black mix's skirt and the grey top.

LOVE!

ETA: Just now read the first online review for this piece, and the reviewer also felt that Louis "kicked [this item] up a notch." So, it must be so. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Goldie, whenever I'm on the fence about whether to buy or not, I always look to see what you have to say. Your reviews are always spot on! I've added this top to my ever growing list. I have always loved this style, but was iffy about the criss-cross revealing too much. I think it will be just lovely...Hope you continue to enjoy yours!

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 namealreadytaken said:

I posted but it disappeared. Going to try it. I was impressed with Happy Lady's review. Thanks to all. JJM, I haven't been an XXS since 2001. LOL. Each dose of pulsed methylprednisolone brings me up another notch. ;-) Would you compare the fabric for me to anything we have had before. I think we both go back pretty far and have lots of Louis, so if you can recall anything...you are so kind. Your review was so nice and weighty, as always. You do details very well.

Let me see what I can locate here in terms of fabric.

The fabric is not a thick fabric like say an ENR WK sweater might be, it seems to be as weighty as say his print tops we all love in the poly/spandex blends. The softness of the fabric reminds me of the magenta top with matching pants LDO had several years ago that also came in a gray-- it had gathered elastic end sleeves and a soft scoop neck top with the ruched/quilted pattern waistline. I forget the number of this top.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼