Honored Contributor

Review of DG2 TS Jeggings - Feel Free to Add

I received the new DG2 jeggings on Friday and they are already packed up to go back.  These are just all kind of wrong for me.

I stuck with my normal DG2 jegging size and the fit is perfectly fine.  However, these have a black backing on the inside that is slippery and they slid down constantly just in the short amount of time I wore them around the house to test them out.  I yanked them up constantly as I was walking and after standing up from sitting, I had to pull them up.  There is no way I could order down a size because the legs, hips and butt would be too tight.

I ordered the Indigo color and the white shading on them is horrible.  It is so heavy on the thighs it looks like they were bleached out.  I would never wear these anywhere except to knock around in because they can't be dressed up.  This shading is not at all figure flattering and just draws attention to the thighs and makes them look heavier.  They have the same shading on the butt area but it's not nearly has heavy.

Evine sells a pair of OSO Casual jeans that are very much like these in fabric except they zip and button like a true jean.  The shading is faint whiskering. The material is very similar right down to the black backing and I have the same problem with those jeans.  They slide down and I'm constantly tugging them up.  But at least they are half the price of the DG2 jeggings.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review of DG2 TS Jeggings - Feel Free to Add

@Lipstickdiva. I'm sorry these didn't work for you.  I ordered the same color that you did, but mine fit well, don't slide down and this was the type of shading I was looking for.  I hope you find the type that works for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i had put my review on the other thread, but i will add it here also.....

received mine last week in the indigo and in the black.....espresso is on waitlist. they fit SO WELL! i can only wear her jeggings, not her regular jeans. love the smooth flat silhouette in the front. i have hips and a booty and i stayed with my regular hsn size large. if you are not hippy or well endowed in the booty then you can probably go down a size easily. i am 5'7" and bought the talls. i can probably also wear the regulars. these will look great with any type of heel or flat or boot/shootie. i will be ordering more of these......probably the gray and might try a color. so very comfortable and can be worn year round.

overall, so far, they have a good rating at 4.3 with 81 reviews  on their website.

item numbers are 447198 and 447200 for those interested.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

You have hit on my DG2 problem.  The fabric makes a big different in how they fit and wear -- so the issue isn't just getting the size right.  

I'm sure if I could try on every type of DG2s at the HSN warehouse in an array of sizes I could find the perfect style, fabrication and fit.  But trying to replicate that process via mail is too costly and very frustrating (to me).

Super Contributor

I received the black and they are too large.  How do you know what size to get when she says to order your dream size, or size down a size or two?  They slide down constantly.  I washed and dried them, no shrinkage, which usually would be a good thing.  Also, the smell is horrible, even after washing.  I've tried her jeans a few times, the smell always hits me in the face.  I thought a different fabric would be better.  I'm through trying.

Honored Contributor

@Penellope wrote:

I received the black and they are too large.  How do you know what size to get when she says to order your dream size, or size down a size or two?  They slide down constantly.  I washed and dried them, no shrinkage, which usually would be a good thing.  Also, the smell is horrible, even after washing.  I've tried her jeans a few times, the smell always hits me in the face.  I thought a different fabric would be better.  I'm through trying.

I know the smell you are talking about. I didn't have it with this pair but I had it with a pair of her black comfort waist jeggings.  No amount of washing, airing out, vinegar rinsing got rid of that smell. 

Mine are the correct size and they still slide down.  I'm positive it's because of that black slippery backing to the material since the other jeans I have with that same backing do the same thing.   I deal with it on the OSO Casual jeans because they were under $30.00 and other than that, I like the way they look.  I'm not inclined to deal with it on these because they were more money and I hate the way they look.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Hi all! I too had to return my pair. I ordered my usual online size (which was one size down from what the HSN measurements was telling me to do), and the fit around the waist and and upper hips was okay, BUT, the legs were so baggy. They did not look slim at all on me like they did on the hosts or the models. When I want a jegging, I want a slim fit all the way down. The fabric was very soft, and I did not detect a chemical smell in the one I received (indigo). The white shading on the front of mine was minimal, so there I think it is the luck or unluck of the draw on how much dye is present, and I really do not like that white wash effect. On the hosts, I did not notice it that much. All in all, these pair were a big disappointment. 

I will continue to be on the lookout for a true skinny jegging. Until then, no more trying DG. Her fit the past couple of years has been all over the place. I have had better luck with Lee classic and Vera Wang lately. 

Regular Contributor

I received the Indigo and the Chambray.  I have tried DG2 jeans so many times, this was my last try. I actually like them. The don't slip down. Fading is great on my pair. I have a pair of jeggins for INC. and they roll like crazy. I also got the strectch jean jacket. I went with what size was recommended, but it is a little big, but that's ok. I can wear a fleece top under it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have four pairs, two were same order number, but different material.  This last pair with the zipper at the ankle were so tight and the material too thin. 

Respected Contributor

I've proven to myself that how they look and fit depends a lot on the COLOR you order.  I had stopped ordering her jeans because I have long legs for my size and height, and her XST or 2T were swimmingly big on me.  I learned that when she says she's wearing her dream size, that means there will be nothing to fit me (I have 34" hips and a 32" inseam).

This time she said she didn't wear her "dream size," so I decided to try the XS (regular length) because they looked pretty tight on the models.  I figured I would be wearing boots with them, so the length wouldn't be a big deal.  I ordered 4 pairs (black, dark brown, chambray, and indigo). I'm keeping all 4 pairs, but they are all different from one another:

Black:  Perfect fit, nice and stretchy, comes to my ankle.

Brown:  Loose, very little stretch, shorter than the others.

Chambray:  Good fit, decent length and stretch

Indigo:  The best of the bunch.....stretchy,.perfect color, fit, etc.

None of them are too tight, they do not smell at all, and they do not slide off me (I'm thinking maybe that's because I wear only Rhonda Shear underwear, and they are not slippery).

Laura loves cats!