Valued Contributor

Re: Review for Moss Crepe Skirt and Top

On 1/28/2015 happygal said:

I was wondering if these skirts are going to "bag out" in the derriere after sitting. I suppose the lining helps to prevent that. I like that print tile skirt, affordable too!

happygal......If you like the tile print skirt you will love this skirt in this new lighter weight 4 season fabric. It will definitely be cooler in the summer. The lining should prevent bagging; usually does and helps with see through and lays very nice. Are you getting the fabulous go with top? You will wish you did; just saying.....

Valued Contributor

On 1/28/2015 gardensla said:
On 1/28/2015 GraceCO said:
On 1/28/2015 gardensla said:
On 1/28/2015 nj lady said:

Hi Happy Lady,

I am concerned with the measurements on the top. Are you normally a medium on top?

Louis said not to size up. Worried about being tight in the middle?

Is the skirt straight? I am medium also - weight in middle

Thanks again for review it was very helpful

I answered you question on his blog but will here too.

I have the top and skirt which I ordered in my usual QVC Linea knitwear size (XS top; S bottom). It is very stretchy fabric and fits just like all the other similar pieces in similar fabrics from Linea. The skirt is a slim style by which I mean it flows straight down from the waist to hem; however it's very stretchy and quite forgiving. When I tried mine on, the elastic waistband wasn't even slightly stretched so I think it will be fine with your weight in the middle concern.

If you've had success with other Linea knitted fabrics in your size medium, then you'll be happy with that size in this set. I think if you order up, you might find you're missing the body skimming effect that makes this so special.

Gardens, I forget how tall you are...wondering about where the skirt is hitting you length-wise?

I'm 5'7"++ and usual wear 3 inch heels.

The skirt hit me just above the knee.

HI Gardens, Your review is spot on. I'm 5'6" and skirt hits me at the knee. I wear 3 1/2" to 5" heels; yeah, I know, makes me almost 6' tall. My husband is 6'2" and I like to be face to face with him. None of this bent, sore neck from looking up to make my point.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

On 1/28/2015 HAPPY LADY said:
On 1/28/2015 Madisson said:

I love this skirt! It is just the right length...looks like one someone any age could wear. It also looks like one that you can dress up or dress down. I can envision it with the "crisp white button down" like the model is wearing...and a string of beads. Or...I think it would be adorable glammed up with a sequined peplum top at a party.

I just ordered it in both black and navy. I'm 5'7" and usually wear a size 6, so I ordered the small. Hoping that I chose the correct size and that the bottom hits me about where it does on the model in the picture.

HI Madisson.....You will love this skirt. It has clean lines, very light weight but hangs beautifully. Wear dressy or casual. I am 5'6" and always order smalls in Linea skirts and this fits me perfectly in small, Hits at my knee, but I can pull up a little or down a little to adjust the hem line. I really like this waist band. It is contoured and lays very flat with no puckering or bulk. Can be worn with tops tucked in and has a finished look. Nice lining compatible with the outside fabric, light and stretchy. This skirt will be in our wardrobes until we kick the bucket or wear them out. Sounds like you ordered right; you definitely would not be happy with a medium if that is your concern.

I'm wondering why you are not ordering the top in matching fabric...It's a 10 star!!!{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Thanks for mentioning the top again, Happy Lady! I didn't really look at it closely earlier... and didn't realize that it almost has that peplum look to it. It's very attractive. I love that style. OK, you talked me into it...so I'm going back to order the tops in both navy and black! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Frequent Contributor

I was just going to order top but you convinced me to order skirt also.

The problem is I don't order skirts from him do don't know size.

I have ordered small in the winter ponte slim pants

probably a 8-10 on bottom

Do i order small or medium?

Thanks for the help

Esteemed Contributor

That's a great review Happy Lady thanks I won't be ordering the moss items because I am eyeing some other items from his line.

I love the mosaic print I have the magenta skirt which I could have sized down but I kept it anyway and the cobalt top. I see the cobalt skirt popped back in stock so I just ordered that a size smaller.

Valued Contributor

On 1/28/2015 nj lady said:

I was just going to order top but you convinced me to order skirt also.

The problem is I don't order skirts from him do don't know size.

I have ordered small in the winter ponte slim pants

probably a 8-10 on bottom

Do i order small or medium?

Thanks for the help

SMALL....There is a lot of stretch in fabric and lining. I am not hippy but I do have a backside and measure 37""; this skirt fits (not baggy) but is not too tight. Somewhere Louis mentions this skirt is meant to fit and shouldn't be too big and baggy. When Jac mentioned in her Facebook information she loves this skirt you know it is a winner. Louis always mentions she is very selective in her clothing.

Regular Contributor

I just received this top in the new knit fabrication. I LOVE the style-- very much like the fabulous 'swing' WK sweater. However, I am not a fan of the fabric. Not to re-ignite an old sensitive issue on the Feather Knit fabric, but I must say that even with the new texture to the fabric this is not a typical top of the line Linea fabric. I would not have purchased it, except for the 'swing' hemline style, because of concerns with the fabric.

I will keep this top, since I love the style and fit, in the black since it will co-ordinate with so many other Linea items I have. But if you had issues with the Feather Knit fabric, you will probably have the same problems with this fabrication. And it should also be noted that the back of this top is quite a bit longer than the front of the top. So that is something you might want to consider.

Valued Contributor

On 1/28/2015 blinddogs said:

I just received this top in the new knit fabrication. I LOVE the style-- very much like the fabulous 'swing' WK sweater. However, I am not a fan of the fabric. Not to re-ignite an old sensitive issue on the Feather Knit fabric, but I must say that even with the new texture to the fabric this is not a typical top of the line Linea fabric. I would not have purchased it, except for the 'swing' hemline style, because of concerns with the fabric.

I will keep this top, since I love the style and fit, in the black since it will co-ordinate with so many other Linea items I have. But if you had issues with the Feather Knit fabric, you will probably have the same problems with this fabrication. And it should also be noted that the back of this top is quite a bit longer than the front of the top. So that is something you might want to consider.

I find it amazing we humans are built so differently but end up wearing the same styles most of the time. I don't know your body type but I have a "caboose" and the back of mine is only about an 1" longer than the front.

I absolutely love this fabric and in my opinion is a very nice fabric. I have a dress from a very well known European designer in fabric of this type and love the way it falls on the body. Having said that, I like that you reviewed this top with different view points and opinions on this fabric and fit. I too love this style and fit and will get a lot of wear out of these pieces. When I tried on my first thought was this is a spring/summer swing sweater. You didn't mention your opinion on the sleeve fit or length; I really like where they hit and the give in them, how do they look on you?

I kept wondering why no one else was posting their reviews; likes and dislikes and thought maybe I was the only one who bought when first offered or if the blizzard had delayed deliveries. I am in Georgia and my items came out of Roanoke, VA and were processed quickly.

Trusted Contributor

My tops and skirt came today. I love the look of them both column of color in navy and the magenta top with the navy skirt. I was afraid from the photo that the v-neck would be too high, but it's flattering without being revealing. It's a fabric that has the hand of the pebble crepe with the stretch and drape of the mosaic print poly/span. It's amazing. I will definitely be pairing the moss crepe with the pebble crepe pieces.

I am going back for the skirt in black. It's a great shape and I would love to have this in walnut, smoke and dark tan.

My only complaint is the weird placement of the fiber content tag in the princess seam on front near the waist. After much study (grrrrr!) I found that it had been stitched separately OVER the serged seam so could be easily removed with a seam ripper without opening the garment seam. I hate tags, so for some this won't be a problem but it is a very large tag in a really annoying location.

Valued Contributor

Blinddogs ~ always love to see your posts - appreciated your take on the fabric.

And to all others who have received this item already - does the fabric - referring to the top, not the lined skirt - reveal lumps and bumps underneath? Or does it skim over and make-disappear any of the lumps and bumps that sometimes can show up from undergarments? Definitely don't want to have to wear additional undergarment coverage to effectively wear.