Valued Contributor

Re: Review for Moss Crepe Skirt and Top

Now I'm not sure what size to get in the skirt. The tile print skirt in size M was a bit too loose and size S fits to a tee with no room to spare. Based on the measurements I'm afraid that this skirt will fit a little to closely. I hate to order 2 sizes but I may have to because I don't want to miss out on this set.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 ScrapHappy2 said:

Thx. Mustangshar for sharing your fit!! Couldn't decide if I should go up a size......I also have a "middle" problem. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

BTW....congrats on the retirement!! How's your Mom doing?

Scraphappy, how are you? Glad my review could help you and others built like us. You will love this fabric so glad Louis found it. My Mom...well it's daily, she's frail. But she turns 88 this Saturday! I will bring in veal Parmesan for her and my niece is taking the train from Chicago to spend the night. She loves her Grammy.Smiley Happy.

I hopefully can retire May 1 st. Just waiting for all my pension plans to start rolling in. While I had been separated for 10 years, my husband suddenly died before Christmas. I get his Pension, so that played a major factor in my retirement decision. This has been difficult for our daughter of course, but I'm good. Sad he's gone, but he was very Ill.

Honored Contributor

Mustangshar, I guess that retirement and your husband's demise is like a double-edged sword, happy that you have the ability to retire, sorry he had to pass away and the sadness it brings your daughter although it sounds as though you and your mother need each other now, and this can aid in your decision to spend more time with her and for yourself as well. I wish you the very best and trust that things are going to get better and better each day for you.

Super Contributor

It's hard to lose someone, Mustangshar ... so thrilled for you that you can retire and have some leisure and FUN!

Respected Contributor

Ladies, if my employer were not still requiring this awful mandatory overtime on Saturdays after 3 years...yeah, 3!, I would probably be able to continue working, but it has taken a toll on my health, I just hate working Saturdays! No car shows, no time with friends, no time for chores and no time to help my Mom. Bottom line, NO LIFE. I may have 10 years left if my health improves, I need to enjoy what God lets me have. Hugs.
Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Mustangshar said: Ladies, if my employer were not still requiring this awful mandatory overtime on Saturdays after 3 years...yeah, 3!, I would probably be able to continue working, but it has taken a toll on my health, I just hate working Saturdays! No car shows, no time with friends, no time for chores and no time to help my Mom. Bottom line, NO LIFE. I may have 10 years left if my health improves, I need to enjoy what God lets me have. Hugs.

Oh, please do retire Mustangshar! I know exactly what you are saying. I worked in hospitals for years, and overtime was frequently required...as well as weekend work. I loved what I was doing, but the stress of working 6 days a week and the politics was incredible. I was both mentally and physically exhausted...plus I was a caregiver for my father at the time. My husband and I hardly saw each other. Like you said...no life. Yes, the stress takes its toll on you. I finally found a part-time job in a clinic where I had pretty much normal hours.

I can imagine the mixed emotions you must be experiencing about your husband's passing making you able to retire. Feeling relief over that is natural and normal considering the tremendous stress you've been through. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Please drop the guilt and accept your humanity. Enjoy retirement!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

Hugs to you Madisson! Smiley Happy. You know EXACTLY what I've been going through.
Trusted Contributor

Mustang, so happy for your retirement! Make sure it 'sticks'! Keep your self busy, but I'm sure with your Mom you'll have your days quite full. I thought I was ready for retirement in 2010 and went stir crazy for about six month. Then found another job more stressful than the one I left. Stuck with that for 18 months and developed some health issues - stress does horrible things to our bodies, for sure. I'm sorry for the circumstances, but know that you'll be cranking up that engine once the snow melts.

Let's drive our sports cars to the big car show in Hershey PA in Sept!

BTW, Does anyone think this top in navy would coordinate with last year's lace skirt in dark blue?

Occasional Contributor

Enjoyed reading all the posts. I have a question on his sizing. I am ready to order the top and skirt but not sure of his sizing. I've never order his items but in Isacc, Susan Graver and Denim & co I order a large. Is his sizing similar? Thanks so much
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 stlshelley said: Enjoyed reading all the posts. I have a question on his sizing. I am ready to order the top and skirt but not sure of his sizing. I've never order his items but in Isacc, Susan Graver and Denim & co I order a large. Is his sizing similar? Thanks so much

Look at the fit of the garment you are ordering, look at the click here measurements and then look at among those measurements, the sweep (bottom of the garment measurement), the cross back set in sleeve, the chest, the waist and the hip measurements.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼