Valued Contributor

A259105 and A295104 the lace jacket and tank have just arrived. I love them.The fit is like the animal jacquard jacket and the fabric is the same. I know I will enjoy them as much as I do the animal ones

Valued Contributor

Re: Review Lace Jacket and Tank

I agree they are beautiful. I received mine today and I'm still on the fence if I keep them. I found the tank to fit a little on the skimpy side, a little snug thru the bust. I am large busted but small in the shoulders and waist. I worry about the larger size up in the tank, being too large in the sweep and armholes.

The jacket is a good fit, I am still not as comfortable with the newer style, longer in the front, shorter in the back. I love the fabric and color, I just haven't got use to this style yet. I don't know how I missed that description. I got both pieces in the blue and I love the color.

I am going to wait until tomorrow and try them on again and then decide if I keep them.

Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 buddylou said:

I agree they are beautiful. I received mine today and I'm still on the fence if I keep them. I found the tank to fit a little on the skimpy side, a little snug thru the bust. I am large busted but small in the shoulders and waist. I worry about the larger size up in the tank, being too large in the sweep and armholes.

The jacket is a good fit, I am still not as comfortable with the newer style, longer in the front, shorter in the back. I love the fabric and color, I just haven't got use to this style yet. I don't know how I missed that description. I got both pieces in the blue and I love the color.

I am going to wait until tomorrow and try them on again and then decide if I keep them.

buddylou, if I have something that I really, really like (not sure you've decided that yet on the lace print tank) and the fit is not right, I take it to my seamstress for a nip and tuck---in a tank, I might have the straps lifted a smidgen and the sides taken in--it might add $15 to the cost of the piece, but then it's "custom." Do you have a good seamstress? Do you sew?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

Hi Sheesh, yes I do have a beautiful Korean lady that is a wonderful seamstress that does so much sewing for me. If I decide to keep the set (tank & jacket) I will have to exchange the tank for a large to fit in the bust and then have it altered in the sweep and armholes to fit me. I am tall and more on the slim side but I have a 38C size bust.

The jacket is a better fit but could be more fitted in the waist. I like my clothes to fit but not tight. When you have a large bust on a small frame you get used to having most things altered. I don't know what I would do without my little seamstress, she is so talented.

I purchased 2 of the super ponte black jackets and had one cut off and hemmed to a shorter length because I love that jacket and wanted one left long and one shorter to wear with other things. She did a wonderful job and it turned out perfect.

Honored Contributor

I'm C/Ping my review of the tank here in case some people missed it:

After reading on LDO's blog about the tank construction-- my choice of a Medium was a good idea in the olive and blue colors. I am normally a Small in most tops from Linea. The olive works very nicely with the hopsack pale olive suit!! It also looks nice with the faux shantung olive jacket with the tie belt. The blue doesn't match any of the Limoges blue or the faux shantung sapphire jacket. I will probably wear the blue with black pants.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I brought the jacket and tank. I am going to wear the tank as a layering piece with a LDO turtleneck. LOL, I just could not wear the tank with the jacket.