Trusted Contributor

Re: Review - DG2 Walk Shorts

On 4/9/2015 twocent said:

Did someone mention "white legs?" {#emotions_dlg.unsure}{#emotions_dlg.blush}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Please let no one look!{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I received the black and indigo , just a while ago. I really like this style on my body, better than I expected. Some trouser style shorts just aren't all that flattering on me.{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

I am just right at 5'7 and they are right at the top of my knee. The black is just a tad tighter than the indigo, but I feel just like her last year's Bermudas, they run really large in super stretch. Very loose in the tummy/hip and leg area. I am on my way to the washer and dryer to do some shrinkage. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I am either an 8 or can be a 10 , in skinny jeans- depending on the brand, and I swear, I think I could wear a 4 in super stretch Bermudas, and that is insane. I doubt I was a size 4 -in the womb!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} OMG, you are funny! That's kinda how I felt when I mentioned the 12, especially since I'm an 18 in IM's 24/7!! The saddest thing about my white legs -- I'm 5 minutes from the beach!!! Maybe I should go sometime??? Cool

Trusted Contributor

On 4/9/2015 BonAtTheBeach said:

Did someone mention "white legs?" {#emotions_dlg.unsure}{#emotions_dlg.blush}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Please let no one look!{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I received the black and indigo , just a while ago. I really like this style on my body, better than I expected. Some trouser style shorts just aren't all that flattering on me.{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

I am just right at 5'7 and they are right at the top of my knee. The black is just a tad tighter than the indigo, but I feel just like her last year's Bermudas, they run really large in super stretch. Very loose in the tummy/hip and leg area. I am on my way to the washer and dryer to do some shrinkage. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I am either an 8 or can be a 10 , in skinny jeans- depending on the brand, and I swear, I think I could wear a 4 in super stretch Bermudas, and that is insane. I doubt I was a size 4 -in the womb!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} OMG, you are funny! That's kinda how I felt when I mentioned the 12, especially since I'm an 18 in IM's 24/7!! The saddest thing about my white legs -- I'm 5 minutes from the beach!!! Maybe I should go sometime??? Cool

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

Did anyone receive their peppermint/coral/beige Bermuda shorts today? I did. What pretty colors! I am so happy with them. The peppermint matches nicely with the Clearwater LOGO TSV. The coral is a really vibrant, perfect coral. It's not peach, and it's not orange. The beige is beige-lol! Good neutral.

Very happy with these shorts. It's a good thing, since I ordered 5 pairs! I have been throwing all my DG2 jeans in the washer/dryer with no problem. Easy care/easy wear!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

Did anyone receive their peppermint/coral/beige Bermuda shorts today? I did. What pretty colors! I am so happy with them. The peppermint matches nicely with the Clearwater LOGO TSV. The coral is a really vibrant, perfect coral. It's not peach, and it's not orange. The beige is beige-lol! Good neutral.

Very happy with these shorts. It's a good thing, since I ordered 5 pairs! I have been throwing all my DG2 jeans in the washer/dryer with no problem. Easy care/easy wear!

Mtnbikegirl, how did the fit and fabric compare between the colors and the chambray? I'm thinking of ordering more. Thanks!
Valued Contributor

BonAtTheBeach- Hi! I think the peppermint/coral are less stretchy than the denim/black; however, they are still stretchy. I would not go down two sizes in the fashion colors. One size is plenty. Absolutely gorgeous colors!

Trusted Contributor

I ordered my reg DG sz 10 ... the beige fit great and indigo are too big...indigo are being returned.

As recommend by Mtnbikegirl...I also went down another sz 8 in black and they fit perfect.

I am glad the black and beige fit and are keepers.

I do not need the indigo shorts.. Especially since I found (Msrp$110) Michael Kors denim skinny capri's for $34 and (Msrp $54) Levis denim cropped skinnys for $16.99 at TJ Maxx.

I need to shop in B & M stores more often!

Valued Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}On 4/12/2015 Bestdressed said:

I ordered my reg DG sz 10 ... the beige fit great and indigo are too big...indigo are being returned.

As recommend by Mtnbikegirl...I also went down another sz 8 in black and they fit perfect.

I am glad the black and beige fit and are keepers.

I do not need the indigo shorts.. Especially since I found (Msrp$110) Michael Kors denim skinny capri's for $34 and (Msrp $54) Levis denim cropped skinnys for $16.99 at TJ Maxx.

I need to shop in B & M stores more often!

Good deals! Most of the reviews on the DG Bermuda's are saying too big. I noticed I ordered two sizes down in all 5 pairs, except the coral? I ordered them one size down...don't know what that was about (?). I am really happy with them. I ordered two tees that are coordinating colors to the coral/peppermint. Rayon/span mix- very nice!

Frequent Contributor

I received these on Friday and sent them back on Saturday- the fabric and color were great,(got the ivory) but they were HUGE! Diane should consider making a size 0- I have the leggings in this same fabric in XS and should have figured if they were big these may be the same. I was right- more XXS and 0 please! I do appreciate the shipping return credit as spendable cash though!
Honored Contributor

You gals are so helpful.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I can only wear DG's superstretch and only the styles that pull on. Anything with a zipper, set in waistband, etc. is a no go for me.

But I am one of those freaks that cannot size down. I have to stick with my regular size. I have way too much going on in the butt, hips and thighs.

I supposed I *could* size down but I'd look like 2 pounds of sausage in a 1 pound casing. {#emotions_dlg.scared}