Respected Contributor

I don't have any Bombas socks, but I think what gets people to pay the price is because they donate so many.  I'd rather buy a bunch of less expensive socks and take them to the Salvation Army.   

Esteemed Contributor

The price doubled when they were on Shark Tank and Daymond John got involved. I am not paying for someone else’s socks.  I wear Copperfit.  $19 for 7 pair and they wear like iron.  Best socks I’ve ever owned.

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Bombas.  I have Plantar fasciaitis in my right foot and broke my left foot years ago.  Every sock I've ever purchased rolls down under the arch of my foot.  Doesn't matter if it's an ankle sock or peds, within an hour I'm digging them out.  Bomba's don't do that to me. 

They aren't support socks but they do have support.  Bought mine thru GMA deals and watch for them to come back every week. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'll pay that much for SmartWool socks, for days on my feet outside in the elements.  A good sock makes all the difference.  I looked at the Bombas - I like the colors and the mission.  They look well-made.  I prefer a wool blend as I find cotton stays wet when I am active.

I've had co-workers who would think nothing of paying restaurant prices every day for lunch but derided me for spending $$$ for a pair of socks - if I'm on my feet all day, I need comfort and performance.  I can make a lunch cheaply.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Are they sold by the company American Socks?

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I'll pay that much for SmartWool socks, for days on my feet outside in the elements.  A good sock makes all the difference.  I looked at the Bombas - I like the colors and the mission.  They look well-made.  I prefer a wool blend as I find cotton stays wet when I am active.

I've had co-workers who would think nothing of paying restaurant prices every day for lunch but derided me for spending $$$ for a pair of socks - if I'm on my feet all day, I need comfort and performance.  I can make a lunch cheaply.

@Sweetbay magnolia, I will pay money for socks that I use for my exercise walking. My favorite brand for those is Balega Enduro socks. They were recommended by a local running shoe/accessories store in my area. They are on a par with Bombas's pricing, but I can usually find them with some kind of discount.

As for the poster who said that she didn't want to buy socks for others, referring to their charity, that was the reason that I checked out Bombas. I applaud them. But I'm sticking with my Balegas.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia, I will pay money for socks that I use for my exercise walking. My favorite brand for those is Balega Enduro socks. They were recommended by a local running shoe/accessories store in my area. They are on a par with Bombas's pricing, but I can usually find them with some kind of discount.

As for the poster who said that she didn't want to buy socks for others, referring to their charity, that was the reason that I checked out Bombas. I applaud them. But I'm sticking with my Balegas.

Yes -- agree with this 100%. Also, thanks for the Balegas rec; I'm currently in the market for new running socks.