Honored Contributor

Re: Reversible clothing/accessories

I have a Travel Smith reversible raincoat, and two of these Star Jones reversible coats:

Star Jones Reversible Coat

I have read in the reviews that the SJ coats are really not rain-worthy, but I will use them more like wind breakers to cover my long tops.

Honored Contributor

Here is the TravelSmith one:

Here

Mine isn't houndstooth, however. It's black on one side and grey/silver on the other.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/17/2015 lolakimono said:

And IM has these- (clearance now-A240498)

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Reversible Straight Leg Jeans

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Reversible Straight Leg Jeans

lola, are you sure you didn't mean to post this picture in the Favorite Really Bad Fashion Shots thread.

I just shake my head that a billion dollar corporation cannot do better for its customers. One would have to be a real visionary to order these pants based on this picture. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 magicmoodz said:lola, are you sure you didn't mean to post this picture in the Favorite Really Bad Fashion Shots thread.I just shake my head that a billion dollar corporation cannot do better for its customers. One would have to be a real visionary to order these pants based on this picture. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

A visionary, for sure, but I think the idea of a printed/solid denim item is so "unexpected." Wink

Maybe that's why they're on clearance now. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/18/2015 lolakimono said:
On 3/18/2015 magicmoodz said:lola, are you sure you didn't mean to post this picture in the <em>Favorite Really Bad Fashion Shots</em> thread.I just shake my head that a billion dollar corporation cannot do better for its customers. One would have to be a real visionary to order these pants based on this picture. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

A visionary, for sure, but I think the idea of a printed/solid denim item is so "unexpected." Wink

Maybe that's why they're on clearance now. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Ummm, "unexpected" or "unacceptable"?!? Kiss

Honored Contributor

I've always had a weird fascination for reversible clothing. TravelSmith catalog had tons of items...was tempted, but never bought. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Here are some reversible belts, on sale now at L.L. Bean. They reverse to leather/suede.

Item #:TK287828

Super Contributor

n/m

Esteemed Contributor

I own two pant/jacket sets from the old City Hearts collection from HSN... I must have bought them 10 years ago. Does anyone remember City Hearts or own any of that collection? These are made of very soft material somewhat like a soft sweatshirt, but nicer. The pants are not reversible, but the jackets are and have a hood and pockets... the pockets are actually besom pockets, so well done with a band of fabric along the top edge and a metal stud in the center of the band. So the actual "pocket" part is inside in between the two layers. They have a drawstring running around the waist, with metal "locking" pieces on the ends (don't know what else to call them).

I have one set with dark blue pants and blue on one side of the jacket, with the other side of the jacket being a fairly subtle sort of watercolor print. Of course the hood also has a drawstring (the drawstrings are all made of the print fabric) and metal pieces at the ends. The entire jacket is reversible, and all the features I mentioned above are on both sides, so one side gives you a solid pantset with print drawstrings and print inside the hood, the other side gives you solid pants with a print jacket and solid inside the hood. You can also turn the sleeves up for an additional pop of the opposite color. The other set is in a dark peachy/pink color with a matching print.

I absolutely LOVE these two sets - they look today just as they looked when I bought them. They had a third color and I so wish I had gotten that one too! They are so well done on both sides that no one would guess the jackets are completely reversible - I've seldom seen this kind of quality in any item I've bought in years. You don't see anything on either side that you shouldn't see, and completely machine washable and dryable.

I tried two different style reversible fleece jackets from SG, but the one side looked good and the other side didn't - the cut fabric was sewn so that the opposite colors showed at the seams, and the ones I received were so sloppily done that I sent them back. Loved the color combos though!