Trusted Contributor

Re: Returning my entire order of fashion to Evine Live

@SeaMaiden,

For what is worth I do exactly the same NOT shopping on line must be my new year’s resolution 🌻

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  The problem with shopping networks is they very seldom let you know if something runs small or large.  I shop my tops at JJill and never experience problems and they have great sales.  They offer 30, 49 & 50% off the sale price.  Yes, you have to pay shipping unless they offer the spend $100 and it ships free.  Check it out, you may like it.  Sorry that happened to you.  It is very disappointing and costly to you.  Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

It looks like this is how they make profit! Lol! this happened to me too! This is why I do not shop with them, just occasionally. And also the fashion stuff that I purchased didn't last. The tops or dresses looked like 10 years old after a few wearrings.. But the most frustrating was when buying jewelery I would find the same items on line somewhere else at least at half the price. and God forbit to be late with one payment cause the burn the phone lines but when they mess up their orders it lasts weeks to fix it.

It is not the case with QVC or HSN though.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

I have that one too!

Look at what I was wearing yesterday..no it's not the same one but similar. Apparently I like the color combination! lol

@Andreatoo, that top is so much better live than that still shot.  Like I said, had I not seen it on the host, I probably never would have purchased it. 

I recognized the poncho top you had on the other day from Evine.  I've seen that presented.  It looked great on you.

Honored Contributor

Ok....  That is why they have a return policy and you knew what it was when you decided to buy multiple items from a retailer you had no experience with.  

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  Hello and Good Morning!

Thank-you for asking about my DH.  We had to wait for Blue Cross to OK the surgery... that took a month and a half.  He had had the surgery scheduled in December, but, because it took so long to get the surgery approved, it is now approved and scheduled for the first week of February.  We just want to get it done and not put up with this  " Approve or not approve " BS game the insurance company plays with people's live. 

I will have my last cataract surgery done next week on my right eye( I had the left eye done last week)... so by the time DH has his surgery, I should be just fine and healing up.  First eye done ( the left one) went well. I see 20/20 out of it now where before I was seeing  20/400!.   Look forward to both eyes matching in vision.  

Guess I am a bionic woman now... all four joints replaced and both eye lenses replaced!  Smiley Happy  Where would I be  if born say just 50 years ago? Probably a  disabled person in a wheel chair...... and most likely a blind disabled person...  we are fortunate to live today!

Honored Contributor

seamaiden--now you know, you can send it all back in1 box, right?  If it is under 5lbs, it will be at that return cost; if it is more than 5 lbs, you'll have to pay the higher cost. I just did this very thing with returning 3 items all together and e'd CS to make sure and they said Yes, that was good. So discouraging, isn't it!! 

Regular Contributor

I too have gotten totally fed up with this $6.95 per item return!

I now have shifted my online shopping to stores like Macy's, JCPenney, and Land's End, so if something doesn't work, I can return it to the store.

This is the way to get the benefits of increased selection while not getting hit with return costs if sizing or styling is off.

Also, the coupons and sales have been outstanding. I got some outstanding bargins in clothing and coats from Macy's!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize you had eye surgery!  Come February, you two will have all this behind you!  I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers for good outcomes. 

I can't believe that insurance would question approving something like this.  You pay in for years and then this hassle.  Glad that is behind you, too.

Stay away from people who are coughing and wash your hands............me giving you, the health nut, advice.  LOL  I did just see your comment on lactoferrin.  I am going to try this on DH.  He has extreme dry eyes due to his bone marrow transplant.  He has had plugs and had his tear ducts cauterized shut.  Nothing has helped, including drops.  It seems to come and go.  He also has severe dry mouth.  Oh well, as he says, at least he is alive.  Like you said, 50 years ago, he wouldn't have been.

Have to be thankful for the good things in our lives!  Take care!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

I noticed your comment about your husband's dry eyes.

I have a different condition altogether (RA), so I don't know if what I take will help him. 

I find I can stave off the accompanying eye dryness of RA with omega-3 fish oil.

My rheumatologist recommended I take 8 capsules every day of Super Omega EPA by Now brand.  I really notice if I forget for a couple of days.  When he first recommended that amount it seemed like a lot but it does make a difference. 

I hope this is helpful.

NOW FoodsDouble Strength Super Omega EPA

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.