Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returning my entire order of fashion to Evine Live

@SeaMaiden  So sorry this happened to you, but alas, if we are all honest, it has happened to all of us who order clothing online.  Sometimes it works and other times, not so much.  It always makes me gunshy to try again.  I have tried sticking to B & M stores or online sites that offer free s & h both ways. 

OT, but how is your DH?  Did he get the ok for his procedure??  Maybe you were shopping because of nerves -  LOL - I guess it is better than snacking Smiley Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I am probably in the minority but I always shop online for clothing.  I go into stores AND NOTHING EVER REALLY PLEASES ME OR  EVEN FITS.  I buy from QVC, HSN, Zulily, Blair catalogues.  No problem.  I go into Costco and just pick off the tables without trying it on.  When in doubt I call and or read reviews.  Often the reviews will say size up or down or even tell all about  poor sizing.  I have never had to return anything.  

My main problem is that I have to keep away.  I could over spend easily since the sales are alway wonderful  (AS IS -- Clearance on line)  or By catalogue free shipping and percent off with some deal.  I also use EBATES for money back.  

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

That's why I like the Q's click here garment measurements.  If they are accurate, I know it will fit.  If they aren't, I return it as defective and don't pay return shipping.

That is what I did.  D and C was way off.  This was about 5 years ago.  I do have better luck with evine.  If something is fitted by the bust the size is correct for me every time.  The dresses I purchase from Evine are not form fitting so it is safe to even order smaller.  But when you like a line of clothing you soon figure out what works.  D and C and others on Q have become too pricey for me to even try.

Respected Contributor

Evine is hit or miss. I just returned two One World dresses because they were cut very small in the bust and shoulders. Other women said the same thing on the reviews, and I should have checked those first. My mom purchased some clothes from there and HSN for me for Christmas and luckily everything fit. The only thing that didn't fit was a Dennis Basso jacket she got from QVC--again, too small in the bust and shoulders. She gave ito my sister-in-law who wears the same size as me but is smaller up top. Unfortunately we all take a chance when we buy clothes without trying them on. 

Honored Contributor

I also find Evine hit or miss, I have ordered tops and dresses, some are great and some miss the mark totally.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The one time ordered from Evine "one world" last time. Top flimsy!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

The one time ordered from Evine "one world" last time. Top flimsy!

My One World top was very pretty but it clung to me and made me itch.  

Honored Contributor

l've watched a  few minutes of Evine here and there. Not at all impressed.

Honored Contributor

I just returned a top today that I bought online from Loft. It was 60 or 70% off original price...can't remember. It looked nice online but in person it was almost tissue thin. It had ruffle detail at the shoulder. In person the detail looked ridiculous on me. It was too big too. I liked the color, a dark green. It had good reviews too.

I have to do almost all my shopping online because I'm a caregiver. Sometimes a bargain truly is a bargain, other times nah.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Most clothing is hit or miss no matter where you buy it from.  I've gotten some real duds from just about everywhere.

I recently received a One World top from Evine that is fabulous.  It was a This Show Only and the host was wearing it and it caught my eye.  It arrived and the fit is perfect.  Had I not seen it on the host, I probably wouldn't have purchased it.  The sleeves have elastic at the bottom.  I'm not crazy about the way the model has the sleeves adjusted here.

729-385- One World Printed Knit 3/4 Bishop Sleeved Lace-up Front Peasant Top