Honored Contributor

Returning my entire order of fashion to Evine Live

I have never done this before... returning my entire order.....  A week or so ago they had a huge clearance sale over a weekend.  I purchased what I thought were great deals on three tops and two pairs of pants.  I went by the specs for size that they listed on the website for each item of clothing.... and  still everything was too big.  The tops too big  on the sides and under the arms.... and the pants were way big in the waist. 

I figured that I am out about  15 dollars with the shipping both ways( getting it and returning it all).   Lesson learned.   It is just not a good idea to shop fashion online without trying something on first.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returning my entire order of fashion to Evine Live

I'm guessing that's why it was on clearance - sizing was way off.  Sorry this happenned.  Expensive lesson - which we all learn sooner or later.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I'm guessing that's why it was on clearance - sizing was way off.  Sorry this happenned.  Expensive lesson - which we all learn sooner or later.

@eddyandme   OH I have learned the lesson before.... guess I am a glutton for punishment... or have a short memory......

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaidenSorry and sad, too.

Even shopping locally as I prefer to do, I have found very little I liked on the clearance racks.  I agree with @eddyandme -  so much clearance is there for good reason.  So often, the sizing is off -  one sweater I did buy was marked large -  I'm wearing small or maybe medium these days, but it just looked okay.  I've been a Large and never could have worn the sweater then. 

One thing I watch carefully when I shop locally for clearance or even the interim sales is how many of a particular item are available.  When there are lots in all the sizes, I walk away, respecting the decisions of shoppers who already said no.    I guess online clearance is just that sometimes -  but we just don't get to see it as easily.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden Yep, been there with Evine and it was the LAST time I ordered fashions from them. I've been so turned off that the only thing now are supplements that arrive every now and then (no autoship as that proved to be a mess on other things).

Evine doesn't do it for me in any way. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden@millieshops

I've been pretty lucky with QVC.  However, I'm returning some Christmas stuff due to fit/quality problems.  For example, ordered two D&C sweaters for gifting in two different sizes.  The small had sleeves that were a few inches too short - even on a petite person; while the medium had a neck opening (turtleneck) way to small - would readily accommodate a child's head, not adult.  So quality/sizing issues prevail.

Every year I say, not next year.  Then next year I order again.  Must have amnesiaWoman LOL.

So we're all in the same boat.  Perhaps the shopping channels are banking on our amnesia!Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Due to a rare case of insomnia, I was watching Jill Martin and Leah the other night with a GILI clearance.  Not one item piqued my interest at any price.  Flare bottom crop pants, a north-south hobo in stiff leather, some jacket that was down to 29.00.  To me GILI is the most disappointing line QVC has ever launched. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden, if I can give you some advice, I would highly recommend returning all that stuff on your own, not using their prepaid return label.  Do not even include the prepaid label with your order and make absolutely sure you keep it until you receive credit and make sure you keep your receipt from the PO or UPS.

The reason I say this is, a number of years ago,  when they were ShopNBC,  I ordered a bunch of clothing items and they all shipped together in one box.  Everything was horrible and I was returning it all.  I sent it back and paid s/h on my own.  When I received my credit, it was short, by a lot.  I realized that even though they sent everything to me in one box, they deducted $6.95 return label fee for every single item I returned.  I contacted them and told them that I paid for the return on my own.  The CS rep spoke to a supervisor and told me as a one time courtesy they would refund the return label fees to me but they wouldn't do it again.  It was years before I did business with them again.

First of all even if I did use their return label, how could they justify $6.95 per item when they sent everything in one box?  Second of all, they insisted I used their return label and when I told them I hadn't they insisted I included it in the package.  When I told her I had the label in my possession and could take a photo of it, they backed off.    

I was told at the time their policy was that $6.95 is deducted for EACH item even if returned in one box.      

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have never done this before... returning my entire order.....  A week or so ago they had a huge clearance sale over a weekend.  I purchased what I thought were great deals on three tops and two pairs of pants.  I went by the specs for size that they listed on the website for each item of clothing.... and  still everything was too big.  The tops too big  on the sides and under the arms.... and the pants were way big in the waist. 

I figured that I am out about  15 dollars with the shipping both ways( getting it and returning it all).   Lesson learned.   It is just not a good idea to shop fashion online without trying something on first.  

I am sorry this happened.  This happened to me the first time I ordered Denim and Co. and Susan Graver.  No one mentioned that D and C ran huge.  The items I purchased were not on clearance.  So I learned what sizes to order the hard way.   I know what sizes I wear now in different lines.  With Susan Graver I ordered a couple of dresses in the right size and they never fit right.  I gave them away.  So I know how it feels to wait for something and have to return it or just give it away.  I ordered two tops on clearance from Evine.  When I get them I will post my review.  I am usually pleased with everything I get from Evine.

Respected Contributor

That's why I like the Q's click here garment measurements.  If they are accurate, I know it will fit.  If they aren't, I return it as defective and don't pay return shipping.