Super Contributor

Re: Returned an item and it was shipped back to me

Yes, it is irritating. And I've also been reading about some places stopping home mail delivery altogether especially in urban areas or going to community mailboxes instead. Luckily, I'm already used to inconvenience, ha, ha.
Respected Contributor

I'm embarrassed to say this happened to me before, and it was my fault. For some reason, they DO include a label addressed to you (crazy, but it's on most of my packing slips) and if you aren't paying attention, you can slap on the wrong label and the package will come back to you.

Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2014 wingnut09 said:
On 1/17/2014 narcisse said:

Twice now (both times with shoes) when I go to return them. The return label has indicated to ship the item back to me instead of to the QVC return center. has this happened to anyone else. Its beyond annoying. I just got off the phone with Customer Service and they are sending me another label, but I still have to make another post office trip.

You don't have to make a trip to the post office. The post office will pick it up at your front door.

For returns when I use the prepaid label, I just put the package/box by my mail box w/a note saying USPS, please take. Never had a problem.

Valued Contributor

Yes it just happened to me? On my second trip to the post office I asked them what went wrong and they said the label was not prepaid. I had to pay the postage. Thanks for reminding me to call g's to make sure they don't deduct postage from the return. The item was a Travelon purse.
Valued Contributor

Crazy typos in my previous message. I thank my Nook for that. I have to call CS not g's. Lol
Super Contributor

Did you cover up the previous barcode labels on the package ? When they scan the label, they could be scanning the one sending it to you, This did happen to me once. Before retuning something- COVER UP OR REMOVE THE OLD LABELS.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/17/2014 Daysdee said:
On 1/17/2014 wingnut09 said:
On 1/17/2014 narcisse said:

Twice now (both times with shoes) when I go to return them. The return label has indicated to ship the item back to me instead of to the QVC return center. has this happened to anyone else. Its beyond annoying. I just got off the phone with Customer Service and they are sending me another label, but I still have to make another post office trip.

You don't have to make a trip to the post office. The post office will pick it up at your front door.

For returns when I use the prepaid label, I just put the package/box by my mail box w/a note saying USPS, please take. Never had a problem.

Also schedule a carrier FREE p/u through the USPS website just in case they miss a note. They will email you a confirmation too !

I would say it is the PO fault if their was no mistake on the label. You showed it to the PO clerk and it showed it was addressed to QVC ?

Respected Contributor

This happened to me a few times with Macy's return labels. They didn't have my name - just a bar code. Other items I returned (correctly to Macy's) instead of crediting my account they gave me a gift card. No more mail returns for me - I take return items to the store instead.

Frequent Contributor

The orthaheels was a pre-order - they weren't being shipped til 1/15 - I ordered two pairs and just received mine yesterday and today.

Respected Contributor

I just looked at some old packing slip/receipts to see, and it took a while to find one like I mentioned above. Most of the ones I found had a blank spot on the back left (the opposite side from the side that shows the price, item no, etc.) showing that something had already been peeled off. On one from November on a Tarte makeup item, that spot on the invoice contains a label addressed TO ME, with my home address, and showing that it came from QVC. If not careful when returning an item to QVC, one could get confused and stick that one on the box instead of the one on the right side of the back of the invoice which is the one addressed to QVC.

This might happen if QVC prepares the packing slip and provides it to a third party shipper (maybe Tarte ships directly??). If that shipper perhaps prepares their own shipping label, there would be no need to use the one on the invoice, so they leave it there, potentially confusing us when needing to return an item.

Just speculating, of course, but I, too, had wondered why there would ever be a need to have a shipping label TO me on the back of my invoice.