Regular Contributor

Re: Return on your own: Beware

On 4/2/2015 taja123 said:

I used my own shipping label (never insure under $25.) and instead of it costing me $6.95 with their return label, I paid $2.50. I'm not paying $10. to try something on. Sorry, Q, not contributing to your profit basis with S&H.

But be realistic you are not mentioning that you are returning lightweight items...under 13oz that qualify for 1st class rates. For $2.50 you are probably talking 3oz only and insurance is NOT included so if it is lost you are out of luck. Once something weighs 13oz you pay for 1lb priority weight and the cost starts $5 or more.

Regular Contributor

By the way, if you create a free account at USPS.com and create and print your own label on line it is cheaper!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Sunshine for the return addresses!

Contributor

I think QVC is going to lose a lot of business from old customers like me who have been shopping with them since day one (1986). I returned something the other day and the amount they reimbursed me just didn't look right - so I called customer service and they confirmed that when using the return label you pay that and also the $3 or $5 or $12.95 or $20 it cost to ship that item. So, say I had ordered that nice little cabinet that Valerie was showing the other day.....the shipping on that is $49 - if it didn't fit into the room I was planning to put it in or just didn't go with the rest of the room and I had to send it back - I'd be out $49 plus $8.95 shipping. Same with clothes - I have ordered clothes in the past with QVC but you know how clothes are - most things just either don't fit or don't look right. So you're out $6.95 plus $3-$5. That adds up to a lot. QVC is just like any other store where you need to try things on, feel things in your hands for the quality, and so when you buy something from TV you really don't know what you're getting until it's in YOUR hands......so now that more is coming out of my pocket to buy something from QVC - I usually buy a TSV that is a very good price. Anything else I will price match elsewhere and buy it there with free shipping - like Kohls - they ship it to me and if I don't like it - a store is 1/2 mile from me. Target is also a 1/2 mile from me. Nordstrom has free ship/return. So now I'll watch QVC and buy it from another store at a lower price and free shipping/returns. Sometimes in life companies change policies - sometimes due to a change in leadership - and the policies that new leader creates can really bring down a business instead of uplifting it. I think in time QVC will go back to their old way of shipping costs not only because of less revenue coming in because of the change, but they will realize that the customer has the right to make those returns, because after all, they are only seeing it on TV and the customer needs to see and feel and test it; and it needs to be worth the cost to the customer to keep the product. All stores have to abide by this or else we take business elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Hey shout-out to sfnative!

About shipping, etc. -- I have been buying shoes from online companies and sending them back trying to determine the size I'd need in a certain style. Thank goodness for companies that ship for free and offer free returns! The ones who are helping me with this are my "friends for life!" I am using this process only until (hopefully) I find a brand/size I can stick with.

Returning several Bronzo Italia items to the Q and exchanging them for a Bronzo Italia item that I am now sure will work, I knowingly incurred the cost of this. Not going to make a habit of it though!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

The Post Office doesn't know what they are doing half the time. I sent a jewelry item in for a warranty repair. Obviously there was no QVC return shipping label to be had. I wrote out my own address label and took it to the PO. I wanted to insure it but the clerk informed me I could not because insurance on the package was already included. I must have argued with her for a full 5 minutes trying to explain that insurance was only included if I used QVC Pre-paid return label which I was not doing. Didn't matter. She refused to listen. it was going to the 1365 Enterprise Drive address and according to her her computer said insurance was already included for packages going to that address. I finally just gave up and sent it uninsured. It did arrive Thank Goodness.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/2/2015 BonAtTheBeach said:

Unfortunately, I've been returning many things, both before and after the new policy took effect. I just print the address on a bubble envelope (almost always Lancaster, PA), take it to the post office and send it priority mail (2-3 days), which includes insurance and a tracking number. Costs me much less than using any label that QVC provides, and it's there much faster. MUCH faster. Hope this helps!

Good to know! Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/3/2015 sunshine45 said:

here are the return addresses as listed on the qvc website. i have had no problems using these addresses if i decide not to use the prepaid return label:

Return Addresses:

Jewelry
QVC, Inc.
Jewelry Returns
1365 Enterprise Drive
Eagleville, PA 19415

Beauty, Apparel & Accessories (such as shoes and handbags)
QVC, Inc.
Returns Department
1000 Stony Battery Road
Lancaster, PA 17601

Hard Goods (such as home, electronics & kitchen products)
QVC, Inc.
Returns Department
100 QVC Boulevard
Rocky Mount, NC 27815

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Pie1993 said:
On 4/2/2015 Pie1993 said:

I cancelled an order but it is one its way anyway. I was wondering how to return the item WITHOUT getting charged. I live in a high rise and everything is scanned into the computer and then you are advised via phone text and email of the arrival.

I wonder if I can ask the Front Desk to NOT accept the package and ask for it to be returned to Q.

You qualify to be reimbursed since this was due to Q's fault. I see this is from 4/2. I hope you resolved this with CS.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/2/2015 taja123 said:

I used my own shipping label (never insure under $25.) and instead of it costing me $6.95 with their return label, I paid $2.50. I'm not paying $10. to try something on. Sorry, Q, not contributing to your profit basis with S&H.

ITA {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}