Honored Contributor

High rise jeans go say past my waist, are so uncomfortable and cause a muffin top below my bra.  Pictures show I look way heavier in a higher waiste. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

High rise jeans go say past my waist, are so uncomfortable and cause a muffin top below my bra.  Pictures show I look way heavier in a higher waiste. 

----------------------

@Pook 

So much depends on body shape.  I have a long torso ... so high rise works for me. 

Honored Contributor

Do not like the low rise and do not like jeans that look and fit like leggings.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I don't have enough hips to keep them up!  I'd have to glue them to my rear!

@ALRATIBA  283917.gif

That's me.  I barely have 32" hips.  And a little bum.

Honored Contributor

OR.....you just create a lower muffin top, lol. This is what I see most people wearing lowrise jeans looking like. If you can wear them without this result, go for it. Lol

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I like mid-rise and I'm sticking with it. 

There have always been some mid-rise jeans, even during this high-rise era. I just have to look for them.

So much is determined by body type, and many (most?) of us have more than one feature to deal with - short or tall, long-waisted or short-waisted, pear or apple or rectangle or whatever. Big bust or flat-chested and everything in between.

I'm inclined to believe people when they say, "that style doesn't work for me" or "that's my favorite style to wear."

Hopefully, we'll have options to choose from, even if a particular style is trending. 

Honored Contributor

High rise has been around for ages.  And it's still around.  I prefer high rise.  I love it at the natural waist with a belt.  Real low rise would be 7".  It was around when I was younger.  I pretty much wear all style jeans (except for boot cut) with a mid or high rise.  11" is my limit.  Yes, I do wear my tops tucked in.  I have a smallish waist with not much of a belly.  That's why I welcomed the high rise. But I only tuck in on a high waist, cover it in a mid rise.  Still don't have a low rise.

Honored Contributor

Low rise jeans/pants are not flattering on me.  I'm a size 4 or 6 but have a muffin top.  I can't stand low rise jeans.  Besides that, you have to be careful when you bend down that you can't see skin between your pants and top.  I think you need to have a completely flat stomach for them to be flattering.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I love low rise.I can wear a smaller size that actually fits my butt.My waist is too big for the higher rises and leaves too much fabric on the hips,butt and thighs.Yeah I better stock up.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it too and prefer it; don't like the high rise much.