Respected Contributor

I returned two Denim and Co seersucker tops as they were huge on me. I went by the measurements and they still were huge.

It cost me $19.90 to return them. I could have bought a shirt here for that much. I try very hard to not to return things but I guess I will have to stop shopping for clothing on here.

I am sure many others feel the same. I was disappointed as I love the shirts but I wasn't going to buy them again and have to return.

Contributor

Absolutely agree. Any time I go into a fitting room, I always carry at least two sizes to try on, but the return shipping keeps me from ordering "try-on" clothes from the Q. I have been stuck with ill-fitting items because it would have been too expensive to return them. Won't do that again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Return Shipping Charges

[ Edited ]

I've been saying this from the time they began the new shipping policy, almost a year-and-a-half ago. I thought it would be a big bust-- that the Q would lose so many sales that they'd have to go back to their old policy of refunding the original shipping fees.

Well, l've been wrong so far. Speaking for myself, l order far less from the Q now, especially clothing, due to the $10 "try-on fee." For shoes that fee is $12, and for boots it's $17 and up. And forget about handbags-- there you lose closer to $20 if it doesn't work out.

Judging by these forums, l see l'm far from alone in feeling this way. Apparently the amount of profit the Q makes on returns more than compensates for lost sales revenue.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

I returned two Denim and Co seersucker tops as they were huge on me. I went by the measurements and they still were huge.

It cost me $19.90 to return them. I could have bought a shirt here for that much. I try very hard to not to return things but I guess I will have to stop shopping for clothing on here.

I am sure many others feel the same. I was disappointed as I love the shirts but I wasn't going to buy them again and have to return.

When I need to return something, I use my own label, and send the package Priority mail USPS. This method gives you $50 of insurance and a tracking #. I would send these two items back in the same package. I  make a copy of the return slip, and attach it to the second item.

I use the return label for shoes or a heavy coat. The USPS price would equal the return label fee.

Super Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

When I need to return something, I use my own label, and send the package Priority mail USPS. This method gives you $50 of insurance and a tracking #. I would send these two items back in the same package. I  make a copy of the return slip, and attach it to the second item.

I use the return label for shoes or a heavy coat. The USPS price would equal the return label fee.

This is what I do too - has worked well so far!  I hate to have to returns items, but when shopping online for clothes I think it is inevitable.

Respected Contributor

I HATE that it costs me so much to try something on, but I am still shopping here. I won't buy shoes or a purse any more. I know how picky I am & how many I have to try in the store to find what I want. So if I order either online, I'm going to use Macy's or Nordstrom. I do see that the ebates is up to 3% (still not a big deal, but better than the 1% it was) & I do still buy clothes here because I am pretty sure of what will suit me. I don't understand business & it must be working for them, & I am still shopping here. It is still Quality & Convenience for me, but Value-if that meanse saving money-no.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As mentioned in a couple posts, you can put both tops in the same bag.  You can pay for shipping or use one qvc label.  You paid more sending them back separately.

Respected Contributor

Did you happen to check that the measurements given were accurate when you got the shirts? If they weren't, I wouldn't hesitate to request a refund for shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have sent two items back in the same package before with one shipping label on the outside. I put a note inside regarding this with the return reason label for both. I still got charged the return fee for both so I just sent them separately as they came days apart. I should have taken the measurements as the tops looked like oversized jackets not blouses.

Trusted Contributor

I used to buy all my shoes at QVC, but when ordering the same size, they didn't always fit and it cost $12 to send them back---$5 original 5 plus the $6.95 label to return them. (It costs more to mail on my own.)  Thus, I no longer order any shoes from the Q. Instead I am giving Amazon, online shoes, 6pm, shoemall, and shoebuy.  Almost all are free shipping and free returns, so you are out nothing if they don't fit.  Too bad Q.