Respected Contributor

I was wondering if anyone knows what stores (if any) have sales people who can help you with sizing?  I have a hard time buying slacks.  I'm short (petite), carry my weight in my hips and legs and have a short rise.  I hate running back and forth to the dressing room trying pair after pair on.

I was hoping to find a place where the sales people know what brands big, small, etc.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Retailers with Sales People

Chico’s,  Coldwater Creek, Talbots and Nordstrom.

In our area they are wonderful !

Respected Contributor

Talbots for sure!  My local store has excellent service and sales associates!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Thanks. @Spacrazy @4kitties - I have a Chico's and Talbot's fairly close.

I'll check them out.

Respected Contributor

@Spacrazy  wait a second!  Is there still a Coldwater Creek in your area?  I thought all the stores were closed.  I am jealous, that was one of my favorite stores.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

J Jill

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly @Peaches McPhee it has closed (CC). The building and fixtures are now for sale and I miss going there. 

Super Contributor

Nordstrom!!
Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knows what stores (if any) have sales people who can help you with sizing?  I have a hard time buying slacks.  I'm short (petite), carry my weight in my hips and legs and have a short rise.  I hate running back and forth to the dressing room trying pair after pair on.

I was hoping to find a place where the sales people know what brands big, small, etc.  Thanks.

I love Banana Republic because the sales help are wonderful. I also find Talbots to have a great staff..

Honored Contributor

A store Nordstroms, Talbots or SFA.  Where they sell the better brands.  They can make suggestions but they can't look at you and size you with their eyes and find the perfect pair of pants for you.  They just know the general fit of the brands so instead of taking 9 pairs into the dressing room, they can suggest 3 pairs for you to take to the dressing room.