Esteemed Contributor

Re: Retail therapy..does it work for you?

I like shopping at bricks and mortar stores but lately a lot of situations have started to annoy me like road construction and never ending mass transit construction that is interfering with driving to the mall. The mall parking lot is being redone due to a mall tenant dragging their feet on finishing the front of the store and it makes parking difficult. I've complianed to management about the parking and before I complained about the traffic lights that didn't work when entering the mall. That plus panhandlers in and outside the mall and just why did I want to visit? 

I think I'll be taking a break from this mall just like I never visit another mall anymore due to endless road and transit construction -- that mall is a "dead mall" as people stayed away that a whole section of that mall has no tenants anymore. That mall is likely going to be torn down and redeveloped into high rise condos. No loss to me if that mall disappears.

People are changing their shopping habits for good and malls with the attitude that they are doing the customer a favor by being there are in for a rude awakening as customers slowly but surely leave and shop online instead.