Super Contributor

Re: Report on Joan's death issued

On 10/16/2014 depglass said:

If it really were predictable they wouldn't have done it. CYA.

Well obviously they did.

Super Contributor

Propofol is only supposed to be used in the hospital and I still don't understand why any healthcare professional would give that to somebody NOT in a hospital. Overall the statement is pretty vague
Trusted Contributor

On 10/16/2014 ssssgirl said:

""therapeutic complications NOT ""predictable!""

BOTH words were used in the report. Can YOU read????

Esteemed Contributor

The report sounds like they're trying to cover their tushies- I hope Melissa does sue (I heard reports she was considering it). It won't bring Joan back but it will set a precedent.

Valued Contributor

On 10/16/2014 turtle52 said:

"therapeutic complications NOT "predictable!"

guess not in this istance,{#emotions_dlg.blink} only read the post. WOW! were you REALLY that offended?

Esteemed Contributor

This is going to be a long thread....where is that pic of the deer munching popcorn? !

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 ibb38 said:

The report sounds like they're trying to cover their tushies- I hope Melissa does sue (I heard reports she was consifering it). It won't bring Joan back but it will set a precendent.

Melissa released a small statement and ended it by saying she has nothing more to say ""at this time"" and that she continues to grieve her mothers loss. I am curious is to long she was deprived of oxygen before 911.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/16/2014 turtle52 said:

"therapeutic complications NOT "predictable!"

guess not in this istance,{#emotions_dlg.blink} only read the post. WOW! were you REALLY that offended?

No, but you were SOOO quick to correct the other poster.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Ford1224 said:

I read it was propofol that blocked oxygen going to her brain. I think I've had that anesthetic for several of my endoscopy procedures. I will not take it again, not a this age.

Fact remains, she shouldn't have died.

Exactly she shouldn't have died and though Joan was healthy and full of life nobody let alone somebody 81 should be given propofol outside of a hospital. It makes me so upset to think her death didn't have to happen
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/16/2014 blossompie said:
On 10/16/2014 ibb38 said:

The report sounds like they're trying to cover their tushies- I hope Melissa does sue (I heard reports she was considering it). It won't bring Joan back but it will set a precedent.

Melissa released a small statement and ended it by saying she has nothing more to say "at this time" and that she continues to grieve her mothers loss. I am curious is to long she was deprived of oxygen before 911.

She should have been at a hospital, that's all I'll say. Personally, I'll never step foot in a surgi center again!