Respected Contributor

Re: Replacement for Joan Rivers on FP

On 9/24/2014 chrystaltree said:

I was afraid of that....I don't like her, I don't care for her comedy and she's not a "fashion and style" person. Good bye, Fashion Police. It was nice knowin ya.......

Agreed!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if this will work. I withhold judgment until I see for myself how this plays out. Only time will tell.
Respected Contributor

Nobody can come close to replacing Joan, but I agree that Kathy has a similar style of comedy. Maybe Kelly, George and Guliana will have expanded roles with the fashion commentating with Kathy on hand to insert the humor.

As I've been watching the FP reruns that I dvr'd from last week's marathon, I'm becoming more impressed with Kelly's fashion sense. She quite often would suggest how someone could have changed just a little this-or-that and improved their look and I have to say that her advice was always right on.

Occasional Contributor

In my opinion, I think that Kathy Griffin is a perfect replacement for Joan Rivers, temporary or not. The job requires a certain amount of irreverence and a very quick wit. Kathy has those in spades. But Kathy is also a wee bit starstruck, which Joan never was. I think this will bring a new and interesting dynamic to FP. I knew her personally when she was dating and then married to an acquaintance (roommate of a friend) and she is just as sharp and funny IRL. (She later went a little off the deep end with the weird accusations, but I've known people going through divorce and they do do some really odd and out of character things.) Anyway, my point is, she's irreverent and gleefully starstruck, she's insulting and worshipful to celebs, and she's done red carpet commentary before. She's more than qualified to take up Joan's fashion mantle. Joan loved her and Joan would have wanted this.

Respected Contributor

On 9/24/2014 twocent said:

I am not happy with the choice. Not a Kathy fan, but loved Joan.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

This woman is complete trash, and not even funny. What a shame.

Frequent Contributor

While I don't think there is really anyone who could replace Joan on FP, I have to say that Kathy Griffin comes close. She and Joan were great friends. I will continue to watch FP as, even tho' Kathy Griffin can be abrasive, I still think she is very funny and is not afraid to say what's on her mind. I think the other three will play well off of her. I will miss Joan Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Something's a little fishy here, why would this announcement come from Access Hollywood and not the E! Network that carries the show? Or Melissa Rivers who produces the show? I'll reserve judgment until I hear it from a source that makes sense.
Respected Contributor

Never watched before, and won't be watching now.

Honored Contributor

I think if anyone can take Joan's place on that show, Kathy is the one. They were friends, and Joan was her mentor, and she uses the F bomb as Joan did, not that I like that word, but they did/do.

Super Contributor

I like Kathy and she's probably one of the best female comedians today, though Joan was the best. I just don't think anybody should replace Joan but business is business I guess and Joan did like Kathy