Esteemed Contributor

Re: Repetitive Syle Clothing You Own

D & C beach pants are my "at home" style. They are the only pants I wear when staying in. Most of mine are navy or black, so changing looks by wearing different tops is easy.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Yes.  I own over 100 3/4 sleeve tee shirts in different and duplicate colors.  Some are a few years old, some are new with tags.  When they go on sale....I buy all I can in my size.

I have numerous pairs of jeans all the same. And, many pairs of dressier pants in the same or different colors.  I just bought two dresses that are the same,except for different colors ( I've been trying to find a dress that fits for a few years) 

I have duplicate pairs of shoes. Pj's, bras, panties and jockeys.

it is difficult for me to find clothing that fits me well.  When I find something that fits, I buy as many that is practical.

I don't own a dozen of everything, not even close, but most of my clothing has a look alike buddy or two.

@Carmie   @rms1954 

Ditto.    

About 10 years ago I finally found a wonderful, well-fitting bra made by Vanity Fair.   

Fortunately, I discovered it was being discontinued so I scoured the retailers' sites and Ebay and over the next 6 months bought a dozen bras ... maybe more.   Some are still in the plastic wrapping.   

I also hate bra shopping ... what a nightmare that can be!    

Well, if we're getting into undies, I have multiple pairs of Jockey high leg briefs in the matte/shiny stripe.  I get a few pair every year when I go into Kohls for the tax-free Back-to-School weekemd.  

My go-to bra is Maidenform Comfort Devotion which I have to buy online since I don't think they carry that style in-store anymore and I have a wide torso but an A-Cup.  I really need a 38-A, but settle for 36-A.  However, last time I looked, they didn't seem to have the selection they used to, so I'm thinking I may have to find a new bra.  Ugh.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in tees and shorts most of the year. The rest of the year I'm in long sleeved tees and long pants. When I find a pair of pants that actually fit I buy multiples. I do own multiples in shoes and purses too. Pretty much if I can find something I like and it fits I do muy multiples. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I like something I definitely buy multiples!

Happy Wednesday …. It's Hump Day… 💛”Our Friends Who Love Kids.” Enjoy  Being One Step Closer to the Weekend. Have a Wonderful Day only Bettered by  Snoopy and Gang of Course. -

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do buy multiples of items that I like. Being a petite, it is hard to find things that fit properly, especially pants.

I have petite Kim Gravelle crop pants in 5 colors, J.Jill pants in

4 colors, a collection of the same cotton Jockey briefs and 8-10 Bali bras.

About 5-6 years ago, I found a cotton top at Macy's that I loved. It had a scoop neck, slightly belled, 3/4 sleeve and was A-line, not clingy at the waist. It has a small crochet lace trim at hem and on sleeve edges.

I bought one and when it was so perfect for me, I returned and bought it in four colors. Each season, as they added more colors, I bought more. I ended up with 15 of them. That is right, 15. A couple I gave to my daughter and I think that I still have a couple, still in the package.

Covid came, I retired and don't really put together daily  outfits like I did, when I worked. I mostly wear caftans at home. I bought one Parisian Garden caftan from Stan Herman. It was so soft and comfortable, I bought one in every color and have 5 of them. I have four of Stan's cotton caftans and two of Joan Rivers caftans.

I no longer wear sleevless dresses and when I can find 3/4 on a cotton dress, I get one. Three tiered cotton dresses came from Vermont Country Store and another cotton dress from J.Jill.

I think that I have eight pairs of Denim and Co, Beach pants, some unworn. I don't wear pants in the heat of Summer.

I also have a collection of about 20 pairs of Birkenstock sandals. In my collection of Dooney & Bourke bags, 7 of them are ZipZip satchels, the perfect size bag, not too big and not too small. I also have a collection of Vera Bradley bags.

Before Joan Rivers sadly passed away, I bought three of her quilted jackets in different colors, from one of her last presentations.

I guess I'm a natural collector. That is why I have Enustuff.

Some would say, too much stuff. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I guess I did this but never really gave it much of a thought. I think I had Austin Reed suits in about every color they had, double breasted blazer, skirt, slacks all in wool gaberdine. . . When they came out with a new color the store owner would order it in in in my size....she was 99% that she had a sale! I think I still have them!

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

I never buy anything in multiples, b/c there is always something I like better very soon after any purchase. 

The only thing I buy the same are white t-shirts every season. 

My mom used to buy the same things over and over and over, year after year: camp shirt and poly straight leg pants. Once I told her she was buying just the same thing and never wore anything different. This really surprised her. She would never change to a crop pant, a capri, a pedal pusher. Never. The only thing that changed was the colors and prints. She always looked good in everything, so I guess she just wasn't changing. 

Honored Contributor

I see a woman who wears the same thing everyday and its so predictable.  It shows no creativity or sense of fashion, but that's just me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have lots of Supima cotton t-shirts. That's basically all I wear is t-shirts, capris, jeans, sweats. It has to be comfy.

I don't own a pantsuit or a dress. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, jeans and tees. My uniform.