Honored Contributor

I got the C Wonder shirts I ordered recently.  I paid $20 on LTS price.   Originally $88 each.  Fabric is very nice.  I'll probably wear as shirt/jacket rather than just a shirt.  Fabric is substantial enough.

I didn't like the embellishment, but since it appeared sewn on - I figured it would be easy to remove.  I was right.  coming off after a couple of snips of thread.  The thread is very fine and a fine needle was used to sew them on ... no noticeable hole left by the thread.  

Win/Win purchase!

I think I'm going to sew all the "stones" onto a beret.  I saw one in a shop window the last time I was in Florence ... but didn't want to spend that much money.  (I bought shoes instead.)

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA  - Excellent!

Honored Contributor

Adding ....

Just realized that C Wonder was nice enough to inclue a packet with four more stones (and some thread).

Honored Contributor

Re: Removing embellishments

[ Edited ]
  • Ive often removed sequins from shirts and removed big "gemstones" from a Bob Mackie velour robe.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
  • Ive often removed sequins from shirts and removed big "gemstones" from a Bob Mackie velour robe.

@Kachina624 

Thought I was the only one to do that!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Last year I ordered a One World top from Evine.  It arrived and I loved the top except it had these wooden beads sewn around the front placket area.  I snipped the threads and the beads came off. Voila!  LOL 

Honored Contributor

I have removed some of the silliness on clothing too--quick, easy and no damage done.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

My easiest removal was a "gauzy" blouse that was covered with itsy bitsy sequins.  Luckily, they had been sewn on via chain stitch .... just had to pull one thread and quickly removed a whole bunch of sequins. 

What took a while was trying to vacuum up all the sequins that flew around the room!