Honored Contributor

Re: Removing a stain from cotton/spandex pants???

@spent2much wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Oh NO!  Yes, I've put them in the dryer.  Is all hope lost?

Woman Sad

@spent2much 

Whoops .... someone else here probably knows.  I never wear white pants because they are just too much trouble.

If it were me, I'd buy another pair of pants to replace them, and donate the stained ones, only because I hate arguing with stained clothing.   

Honored Contributor

Treat the stain with Pine-Sol or Lestoil if you can find it. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You could try Dawn Dish Soap.  I have had luck with that before.

However, if you dried them in the dryer most likely the stain as set in and will not come out.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

If it looks like it might be an ink stain (pen, marker) I always spray hairspray on the stain and it dissolves it quickly. 

Esteemed Contributor

In the fabric cleaning business, it's considered a "spot" until it's 24 hours old, after that it's a "stain".

In a pinch, I'll get a spot wet and keep it wet (sometimes for days) so the splotch never dries into the fibers before I can try to remove it.

I tell myself if it stays wet it never advances from spot to stain. 

Applying heat can change the interaction between, or characteristics of the molecules. So no dryer or solar heat until the spot is out.

Both Lestoil and Simple Green, undiluted, have a successful track record in difficult stain removal.

Good luck!  🍀

Esteemed Contributor

Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar & Stain Remover & Pre-treater, 5 Ounce

Best stain remover ever!  Even after some have been dried on LOW.  

Keeps my clothes stain free!  Never affects color!

Esteemed Contributor

Removing a stain from white garments should be done as quickly as you can possibly do it.  Of course, if you didn't realize it was there, then that's hard.  If a little clorox on the stain doesn't remove it; it may never come off.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

if you go on line google detachment French laundry soap.   I don't know what the secret is but it removes all stains.   My friend brought me a bar of French laundry soap back from her trip to France and it is a miracle bar.   There is no stain it cannot remove.   You may find in amazon. 

Valued Contributor

Grandma's Secret Spot Remover... Amazing stain remover. It even takes out blood or if the garment was washed and dried with the stain. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

When I was clearing out my aunt's home to ready it for market, DH found several old college sweat shirts of my deceased cousin that he had to have.  When I looked them over carefully, there were stains all over.  ( Trust me, these had been washed and dried countless times. )

Since DH had gone to the same college much later in life, I sprayed each stain with Shout and then used the edge of the Astonish stain remover bar on every stain.

To my surprise, the stains were totally gone.

Astonish stain remover bar costs about $7-8 but you only rub it on the stains....lasts over a year.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill