Honored Contributor

Re: Removing Button Tab On A Sleeve

I routinely cut off the tabs on those sleeves and leave the button.   I've been doing it for years and haven't had a problem yet.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo This is it, obviously in black..but are those roll tabs a Debbie downer on this top or what? 😯

I call it peplum, just because I don't know what else to call it I guess. It's their Apt 9 label. Anything else I ever got with that label didn't hold up well but hey it was 8 dollars and change. It hides my tummy area well, so thumbs up for that.

I needed a couple of lightweight summer black tops to replace my old ones. Tops I could wear with jeans or dress pants and skirts. I also got a gauzy Vera Wang top that I like very much. That will look better with jeans.

2612561_ALT2.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Yes that's the one in pink also and I wasn't calling you out but the vendor; they referred to it as a peplum. That's how I found it! lol

IM does it all the time with anything with a ruffle...

Trusted Contributor

That top is cute!

I would try to cut the button threads that are laying on top of the button with a seam ripper. If you can do it from the button top there is less of a chance of putting a hole in the fabric.

Then, from the underside where the button was, I'd pull the threads out.

As for the tab, I'd just leave it since it probably won't show with sleeves down or cut it to where it won't be seen.