Respected Contributor

Reminder for Chico's shoppers

If you see an item on sale or clearance in the store always double check the price online.

Several times recently I have found the same item online for MUCH less expensive, like $10-$15 dollars less.

Since shipping is free it is a no brainer.

Respected Contributor

Re: Reminder for Chico's shoppers

Target does the same thing.  I found a darling tote for my daughter for twice as much as what it was on their website.  This was the same day, too. 

Respected Contributor

This is often the case with Macys, too. 

Honored Contributor

if you are in the store and find the same item online at a lower price will they honor the price in the store?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45

They didn't for me at Target.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if you are in the store and find the same item online at a lower price will they honor the price in the store?

As for Chico's

On sale items yes, on clearance items no.   ???

Another thing they do no always know about online sale coupon codes in the stores.  If you pull the code from the website they will honor it in the store.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

As for Chico's

On sale items yes, on clearance items no.   ???

Another thing they do no always know about online sale coupon codes in the stores.  If you pull the code from the website they will honor it in the store.

if i was in the store and they would not honor the online price i would definitely NOT buy that item in the store. makes no sense that they dont want to make a sale. arent the sales ladies in chicos on commission?

yes, i know that chicos AND soma are great about honoring coupon code numbers that i have found online.  sometimes i find codes better than the ones they send me.....or i split my purchase into two purchases if necessary to get a better deal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Also for Chico's about once a week- usually Thursdays they have the online coupon for 50% off your highest item.  So if I want a new item say that is over $100 dollars or something, I will sometimes try it on in the store and then go order it online.   

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Target does the same thing.  I found a darling tote for my daughter for twice as much as what it was on their website.  This was the same day, too. 

@GSPgirl,When I worked for Chicos (I left because I couldn't get any hours), I asked my mgr how something could be less expensive on line.  She explained that they are treated as "another store".  We couldn't adjust the price for the customer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Macy's will. I've often bought something in the store, and gone home to check the website. If it's cheaper there, I print out the page and take it to the store the next day. They will refund the difference.

Or, if I see something I like online and plan to go to the store to try it on, I print out the page and take that with me. I often find there's a higher price at the store. They always honor the lower price.

If you have an i phone, you could pull up the item yourself and show it to the salesperson ringing up your order.