Trusted Contributor

Reminder, TRY on all your items

Just as a reminder, no matter if you order 3 of the exact same item in different colors, please TRY all of them on.

I purchased 4 SG Dresses and initally I only tried on one of the dresses (green mulit).  I made the crucial mistake of assuming the black solid, red solid and blue mulit would ALL fit the same.  Well, yesterday I was going out and put on the black dress.  It was about 1/2 a size smaller and will need to be returned.  I had already ordered  a size smaller so the dress would not look so matronly. 

SO the MORAL of this story, no matter if you order 3 of the exact same item in different colors, please TRY all of them on.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Reminder, TRY on all your items

Definitely.  Even two garments in the same size and same color can fit differently.  Go figure.  But we longtime QVC shoppers definitely have experienced what the OP is saying.   Always try on everything within the 30 day return period.

Honored Contributor

Always a good reminder. I puchased 2 of the exact same item in 2 different colors and one was 4 inches wider. I measured it and returned it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same in B&M (brick and mortar) stores.  I've often bought two of the same item (pants, etc.) without trying on, and the cut of the (same size) items were 'off'.  Lucky (when buying in person) I only frequent  very nearby stores, within walking distance, more or less. Easy to return, time and gasoline-wise.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, even in bricks and mortar stores items can fit differently. I have been buying some Lysse leggings at Sears Canada and some 1X leggings were 2 inches lonnger even though they were the same color and style. They were made at different times as some had a sewn in label and some had a printed in label. Another style 1X legging had too tight upper waistband in them and fit a whole size small. Yet a third style which was a flocked winter velveteen legging was not colorfast, the dye on the inside waist panel came off on my thumbs. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

[ running into the bedroom to try on at the other two Old Navy T-shirts that she bought this morning]

Edited to add we're good! I've noticed recently in pants that depending on the color or if it's a print that the fabrication can be different even in the same style!

Honored Contributor

I've only had that experience once with my favorite Isaac Miz pants; 3 pairs were fine but the merlot pants were almost a size smaller than the other colors and an inch shorter.  I assume that different factories make different colors.  It happens and not just with Qvc clothes.  I always try everything I buy on, I never assume anything.  Not when I order and not when my things arrive.  I try them on for fit but also to make sure they sent me the correct size and to make sure that there aren't issues like a broken zipper or crooked seam or something. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree about trying clothing on right away no matter where you get it.

Same with shoes........If I find a pair of comfortable flats, I will buy them in more colors. Sometimes they don't fit the same...

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed.  Garment consistency is inconsistent.

I've had good luck with shoes from my favorite brand - when they have sales I buy multiples, and they are spot on.  (Spenco)

Cogito ergo sum