Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember the Tissavel faux fur coats???

On 2/25/2015 Azcowgirl said: I have the exact same tissavel full length chinchilla...I have not seen a faux that rivals the quality and softness of Pam McCoy tissavel faux furs. I think if I were you I'd have it shortened...Or make throw pillows out of it for gifts.

I also have one of Pam's chinchilla coats, but not sure it's the same one as Emmysmom. It's one of the warmest coats I own, with deep cuffs on the sleeves. The stripes are diagonal ... very slimming.

I also have a tissavel chinchilla jacket by Naeem Khan from HSN ... lighter in color, almost a pale gray ... it's so gorgeous, too.

Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 SoX said:
On 2/25/2015 Azcowgirl said: I have the exact same tissavel full length chinchilla...I have not seen a faux that rivals the quality and softness of Pam McCoy tissavel faux furs. I think if I were you I'd have it shortened...Or make throw pillows out of it for gifts.

I also have one of Pam's chinchilla coats, but not sure it's the same one as Emmysmom. It's one of the warmest coats I own, with deep cuffs on the sleeves. The stripes are diagonal ... very slimming.

I also have a tissavel chinchilla jacket by Naeem Khan from HSN ... lighter in color, almost a pale gray ... it's so gorgeous, too.

Isn't the chinchilla the softest ? I wear it walking to the theater in the snow, and curl up in it during the movie....sooooo soft (:
Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 emmysmom said:
On 2/25/2015 moonstone dunes said:

I have found late winter is a tricky time to sell and consign coats. Spring is right around the corner and folks aren't thinking coats unless they are getting a super deal.

More interest in the fall and more $$ for you.

Try Ebay! I sold a Burberry very coat quickly. Heavy coat and the shipping was about $10 but I offered free shipping. Buyers love that.

Some consignments shops don't want fur, real or faux. I have had bad experiences with these shops, things go "missing".

Thanks moonstone..I don't have good experiences selling at consignment shops. I agree about things going missing...this is too valuable to sell that way. I'll wait. I've had it several years~Glad you sold your burberry coat. What I don't understand..I would rather spend big bucks on a coat then a handbag..especially a classic looking coat! Look at the price of handbags!!

Years ago I did consignment of business clothes and yeah, they would "go missing" if the shop clerk liked an item too much. Then they got very fussy about what to take. However, very high end consigment can be different.

I have had great luck on Ebay but don't expect near-retail. Craigslist used to work but in our area it's just yard-sale shoppers trying to bash prices down to ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Azcowgirl said:
On 2/25/2015 SoX said:

Isn't the chinchilla the softest ? I wear it walking to the theater in the snow, and curl up in it during the movie....sooooo soft (:

Sounds yummy....maybe Naeem Khan will bring more back..you girls have great taste..!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Hi girl, how ya doin??? Didn't you get one of Pam's coats from ShopHQ in december?? I got the faux fur leopard with the hood..still haven't worn it, lol. The tissavel is gorgeous but its too big for me..My friends daughter might be interested..! Do you remember how much you paid?? I think I paid $499..I got a good deal. I still have many of Pam's coats..gave away some of the mediums...Do you have lots of her coats/jackets?? Its an addiction that I can't afford..besides, I don't need anymore!

Hi emmysmom!! Yes, I got the long snow leopard coat in Dec. but wound up returning it....decided the darker colors look better on me being very fair blonde, and I have limited closet space due to downsizing to a smaller house.....I've had to part with a few (so hard to do) those big coats take up lots of closet real estate ! I thought I remembered paying around five something for the tissavel chinchilla. Hope you find someone interested in buying it, it sure is a gorgeous coat.

Now I remember that snow leopard..it was gone in a heartbeat! I have a full length Pam McCoy golden mink I've never worn..think I'll check it out...lol. I'm a fair blonde too!Smile

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/25/2015 SoX said:

Sounds yummy....maybe Naeem Khan will bring more back..you girls have great taste..!!

Doubtful ... he didn't have a new line of tissavel furs this last holiday season, and everything of his is now on clearance. I think he just might be through at HSN ... could be wrong, though.