Valued Contributor

Re: Remember the Purple Boho Skirt??

On 3/4/2014 Goldie76 said:

In person, I am frank about my age, but not online. I own it and I feel it is nothing to be ashamed of. Isn't that strange that I do not want to reveal it online? Not to brag, but it wasn't as though I could not lie about it in person. (To tell the truth, though, ever since I had my surgery last year, I'm beginning to look more my age.)

Let's just say that my shape has been eternally lost at this point.

I don't think there's anything strange about it, not with all the trollery flying around out there, just waiting to cause someone pain. Who cares anyway? No one's getting younger, & any birthday is better than NO birthday.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2014 WNYgal said:

In person, I am frank about my age, but not online. I own it and I feel it is nothing to be ashamed of. Isn't that strange that I do not want to reveal it online? Not to brag, but it wasn't as though I could not lie about it in person. (To tell the truth, though, ever since I had my surgery last year, I'm beginning to look more my age.)

I don't think there's anything strange about it, not with all the trollery flying around out there, just waiting to cause someone pain. Who cares anyway? No one's getting younger, & any birthday is better than NO birthday.

I'll give an "amen" to your thoughts, WNYgal! I'm certain JJM would never be malicious (judging from her posts that I've read), but there are others who are ready to fillet you at any given opportunity. I was surprised at my response for online folks, but then I thought about it. I am forthright about my age, in person, because I am with people I know to some extent. Plus, I've left little crumbs of info here and there on this forum, and heaven knows, I don't want to suffer any identity theft. But I am rather indifferent about my age. The only part about aging that I don't like is when I "feel" it. Otherwise, "Welcome to being above ground!"

Valued Contributor

Sheesh: I have both the purple skirt and the iris TSV jacket and I agree with JJM. It's an "interesting" contrast. I don't wear them together. I've come to the boards over the years begging for advice on what to wear with the purple boho. It sits in my closet unused too much of the time because there were never any easy pairings from Linea that came out at the time the purple skirt came out. And Louis warned at some length about mixing your purples - something about red based purples and some other color based purples..... I usually opt for a contrast (white, soft yellow) rather than a coordinating piece because the differences in the zillion "purple" tones can be substantial - especially in bright sun light. I tend to wear my bohos in the heat of the summer - hence bright sun light. I like it paired with some soft lavender pieces I've acquired - all not Linea.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2014 Goldie76 said:
On 3/5/2014 WNYgal said:

I'll give an "amen" to your thoughts, WNYgal! I'm certain JJM would never be malicious (judging from her posts that I've read), but there are others who are ready to fillet you at any given opportunity. I was surprised at my response for online folks, but then I thought about it. I am forthright about my age, in person, because I am with people I know to some extent. Plus, I've left little crumbs of info here and there on this forum, and heaven knows, I don't want to suffer any identity theft. But I am rather indifferent about my age. The only part about aging that I don't like is when I "feel" it. Otherwise, "Welcome to being above ground!"

Thanks Goldie for your comments. No I am not a malicious person. I do agree there are jackals and hyenas who lurk in the shadows waiting to nip at the heels of people they dislike who post here and unfortunately those jackals and hyenas have memories like elephants. They live for drama; I do not; I have enough 'drama' in my own life off the forums thank you very much. Smiley Happy

That is why I didn't press you Goldie for an answer. I understand.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Sheesh ~ Yesterday it slowly snowed through much of the day, so FINALLY we have sun this morning. I took the Iris TSV jacket and the Purple boho out and put them in the sun. There is something in the combo that sets my teeth on edge. I wouldn't want to wear them together for sure, now that there has been some sunlight to shine on the idea Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I appreciate your suggestion on this top JJM! I ordered the purple, blue and taupe thinking I would keep one or two, but I love all three! I have the shorter boho in purple, navy, and black so these end up being perfect for them. Now if Spring will ever come in the Northeast, I'll get plenty of wear out of them!

Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2014 TheOwl said:

Sheesh ~ Yesterday it slowly snowed through much of the day, so FINALLY we have sun this morning. I took the Iris TSV jacket and the Purple boho out and put them in the sun. There is something in the combo that sets my teeth on edge. I wouldn't want to wear them together for sure, now that there has been some sunlight to shine on the idea Smiley Happy

Thanks for checking. I never got the Purple Boho---missed out, but I would sure love one. Do you have the Pink/Purple Medallion Print Top---I wonder if that would go with your Purple? That Medallion Print was/is spectacular. The Top ran big. I was wearing a Large and got a Medium at that time; now I'm a Small and it is too big, so I may have my seamstress take that Top in---it's worth spending the money on it as it is that good!

I wonder if Louis would consider bringing back the Purple Boho.

Grey and dreary here today in Western Massachusetts.

And thanks, JJM, for recommending the Mackie Top---I think you sold a lot of these tops with your post as I got it in the Blue after I saw it. I would have gotten all the colors, but I've still got Linea pieces to order, so I had to settle for one. Love it!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Contributor

Wanted to share what top to wear with the violet boho skirt (A224718). I wear the Animal Print Blazer in Lavender (A201016). The jacket color is a shade or so lighter than the violet boho, but coordinates nicely. Have purchased other Linea tops in violet/lavender, but those are not available, such as a sllk blouse and the multi-color silk window pane jacket. Pink is also a good choice, but sometimes I'm not in the pink mood.

Trusted Contributor

The butter hydrangea top looks great with the purple boho, along with the same colorway in the matching jacket (no longer available), with a coordinating solid purple tank, which I have from Chicos. You know, their spring/summer sleeveless cotton ribbed tanks. I did see a butter hydrangea jacket on the bay very recently, so if you don't have this jacket, check it out!

I also wear the white georgette blouse and tank over the purple boho, and tie it together with purple jewelry.

Have fun with this boho! It is really very versatile!

A213615

Trusted Contributor

A223660, the short sleeved bolero sweater in violet goes very well with the purple boho. Worn with a white tank underneath, or even one of the perfectly pink two fer sweaters, and accenting with purple/pink jewelry would be very nice. I plan to wear this today! When you treat purple as a neutral, you would be surprised at all of the different combinations you can wear with it.