Honored Contributor

Remember the Purple Boho Skirt??

The purple color is not an easy color to locate prints to wear on top. Its a bluish purple not a reddish purple.

Today arrived a Bob Mackie L/S Baroque print jersey top (A251366) in purple multi color. I immediately placed it over the boho skirt and it looks great together!!

On an aside, I also received the blue multi in the same print and it works well with Louis' navy items.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Re: Remember the Purple Boho Skirt??

Hi JJM! Went and checked the video, and the purple is lush! Looks to be a winner with the purple boho!

Honored Contributor

Pretty print!

Regular Contributor

I just wish Louis would bring back the purple boho again. It's such a beautiful color but hasn't been offered in a few years. I could use a replacement as after a while these skirts tend to get pulls (especially if you have a dog). That said, these skirts are such a value when considering the number of times I wear them. I have many colors, but the purple is a favorite.

Honored Contributor

What a mesmerizing print! I do not own any boho skirts, but I can picture how lovely your purple boho and that top would be together. This is one of those moments when I wish I were a couple decades younger and enjoying a part of my physical prime. I'd have loved the outfit you have put together, but now, I would not look particularly attractive in it.

Oh well, other looks for me now.

Honored Contributor

Goldie if you don't mind, how old are you? I'll understand if you refuse to answer. Privacy issues...

Honored Contributor

In person, I am frank about my age, but not online. I own it and I feel it is nothing to be ashamed of. Isn't that strange that I do not want to reveal it online? Not to brag, but it wasn't as though I could not lie about it in person. (To tell the truth, though, ever since I had my surgery last year, I'm beginning to look more my age.)

Let's just say that my shape has been eternally lost at this point.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if the regular purple boho is the same shade of purple as the shorter boho with the pleated bottom. I have the shorter one and it is the darkest purple I've ever seen. Very blue purple. I haven't found a print to wear with it.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2014 lavendar said:

Does anyone know if the regular purple boho is the same shade of purple as the shorter boho with the pleated bottom. I have the shorter one and it is the darkest purple I've ever seen. Very blue purple. I haven't found a print to wear with it.

It is not the same shade of purple. The shorter one has more red in the purple than blue.

BUT the Mackie top does go with this shorter boho (I just put the top over the skirt). There are two shades of purple in this print and it works with both skirts.

Respected Contributor

What a great print---love it!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel