Honored Contributor

In the 1980's and 90's I so enjoyed the beautiful fashion  and accessory items from Speigel.  Their catalogs were a treat!

They were about 20-30 years early with knit wear.  I didn't ever order the knit items and they vanished after that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Speigel Cataog ?

[ Edited ]

I loved their traditional colonial style furniture, oriental rugs, and other interior decor with some very nice high quality pieces at good prices.  I miss it.  

Don't remember much of the clothing, though.  

Frequent Contributor

Chicago warehouse had. great wholesale prices.open to. Public Loved it

Respected Contributor

I remember they had an offer -- test drive a car, get a gift certificate. I went to the dealer and told the salesman I was there just for the certificate. He signed the forms and I didn't have to waste his time.

I bought a beautiful off white sweater with a brown horse on the front.

Respected Contributor

I remenber the Speigel Catalog very well,  I loved clothes even as a kid and my Mom would let me roam thru the Speigel catalog and pick out clothes I wanted for Christmas.  I still remember a blue tiered skirt with a red tye with sliver on the end caps.

I friend of mine was getting married as a second marriage in the 80's and I found her the perfect dressy suit in pink from the Speigel catalog.  Lent her a pearl necklace of mine that had a pink rose on it.  She made a beautiful bride.  

Respected Contributor

I still own some items I bought from Spiegel for my very first home!  I loved that catalog! 

I have a beautiful pair of brass candelabra on my dining room table, and some pretty lace curtains in the bedroom.  

They had such a great collection of things to buy-- I do not know why they disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember those catalogs very well.  My mother always ordered summer and winter bedspreads with matching curtains.  My best friend was always so jealous how beautiful our bedrooms looked.  I would spend time going through those thick catalogs.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu   My bedspread was from the Speigel catalog also.  It was pink with pink and white stripe ruffles and matching sham.  Loved my room as a teenager.

Honored Contributor

I used to order a lot from Spiegel!  Their items were not cheap either.  I loved their things.  Always quality. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

I remember that as a kid. Mostly, Mom would let me look through the JC Penney catalog because Speigel was too expensive for us.

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."