Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Jeans with NO STRETCH?

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

I would love to find jeans that have no spandex.  I remember walking into the Gap years ago, going straight to the counter, and asking if they had any 100% denim jeans.  No.

Premium jeans have them.  They are called rigid jeans. 100% cotton that's all.  To wear them you have to go up a size .  Most of them are loose in appearance.

This one is called Re'Done.  They are recycled jeans remade.  Despite this, they are premium jeans and expensive.  $225.00

New

Respected Contributor

I hate having stretch in my jeans. I still have lots of the good old Levis that have no stretch. They wear like iron and thankfully I can still fit into them.
Honored Contributor

Yes I remember-they were Levis and thanks be to the denim gods that jeans are stretchy nd soft now. Breaking in those Levis took months and hurt, they were so hard and stiff.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness yes but I must say those jeans had the heavy duty zipper too and you certainly couldn't eat but so much wearing them.  I use to hate that as soon as the non stretch got even a little comfortable I had to wash them but I made sure it was cold water so that they didn't shrink.  My cousin use to take her jeans to the cleaners for the same reason...LOL.

Valued Contributor

I do have a pair of CK jeans with no stretch that I used to love.  I still wear them once in a while in the winter but as someone noted, they are a little heavier so I don't mind but the thighs get tight and the waist just cuts into you by the end of the day. Ugh.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Yes.  I loved my stiff Levi's and had a difficult time adjusting to stretch jeans.  

Went from Levi's to LL Bean's, thinking I'd die.

When I noticed Bean's were discontinuing their 100% cotton denium slim leg jeans in MT (medium talls), I bought a bunch! I'm good to go for a very long time! (As long as I remain the same size.) I also continue to wear the slim cut through the hips and thighs. Don't know anyone else still making that style (without stretch). 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy@Mom2Dogs@BirkiLady

and anyone else who likes the 'real deal'...I have 2 pairs of Joseph jeans in like new condtion, size 27, if you're interested...I've already donated some others that were too high waisted and the Helfigers I can still get in to...

Today's denim may be easier to get in to but I did like the more structured look of those without stretch...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo...I am not familiar with what size a '27' is...

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

it's the waist; equivalent to a 3 or 4 is about right I think. I wear 28s, in those that run in such a way, and I'm a 4 or 6 generally speaking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Mom2Dogs

it's the waist; equivalent to a 3 or 4 is about right I think. I wear 28s, in those that run in such a way, and I'm a 4 or 6 generally speaking.

In most brands size 24 is a 0; 25 is a 2; 26 -4; 27-6; 28-8 and so on going up the size chain.  I wear a size 0, and in most jeans which size by the waist I take a 24.  I think I've tried on just about everybody's jeans from A to Z; from lower end $50 range to more the  $200+ brands.  

As for stretch vs no stretch. I'm in the never again club for no stretch.  I rarely wore jeans before stretch. My mind was burdened with the knowledge that many ladies did not launder their jeans at all.  I thought that was a tad nasty, so I had a negative perception of jeans.  The theory behind the no washing was once they got their body imprint in them, they didn't want to start over (which was required whether you machine washed or drycleaned.  BTW: The Gap has some no stretch styles again for anyone who wants to go that way and not pay a lot of money.