Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember Bob Mackie's Real Silk Jackets?

Loved his silk scarves!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot that I had a couple of other "old" BM jackets!

Remember when he had the two-piece casual pants and zip jackets. I don't find an "A" number, but there is an RN90133 on one of the tags.  I can't find picture online.  The one I have/had white pants (long gone), and a zip jacket (still wear) with funnel neckline .. white sleeves.  The fabric content is mixed ... solids are nylon, print is poly.  Lining is poly/cotton.  I think the nylon fabric is what we used to call "parachute cloth" or "ripstop."  It's a crinkly nylon fabric with a bit of body.  

The front and back have a vivid checkboard pattern in multicolor squares, and each square has a letter in different fonts.  Very colorful.  I like to wear the jacket with white pants

The second one is one of his "real" suede with knit sleeves. Item A84834.  It was called Turkish Delight Embroidered Suede and Knit."  Mine is black sleeves and black suede and embroidered with shaded copper and shaded turq embroidery.  Fantastic jacket.  I found a scarf at a small local shop that is black with stripe of metallic threads in those same colors.  

You tell by the low item numbers ... I got them along time ago!

I need to check the closet - I may have some other BM items in there.

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA

You might do an EBAY search for the scarf you are seeking? 

Your jacket sounds totally beautiful! 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@ALRATIBA

You might do an EBAY search for the scarf you are seeking? 

Your jacket sounds totally beautiful! 

CAT

@gacat123   Thanks ... I didn't think of that!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

.....and there was another one called Indigo Moon? 

Sometines I wish I had a huge room to store clothing like those Linea windowpane blouse mentioned. 

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

.....and there was another one called Indigo Moon? 

Sometines I wish I had a huge room to store clothing like those Linea windowpane blouse mentioned. 

I had so many of them.  I kept four jackets and one coat (duster)  .... donated the rest.   I've occaionally come across the IM style jackets in one of the nearby shops.  Very eclected shop ... you never know what you'll find there!  

Esteemed Contributor

I still have some of Bob's silk scarves.  The one which is a collage of dog breeds remains a favorite of mine.  I would love to see Bob bring in some updated scarf styles.  Silk might be my prefernece, but I would consider purchasing his beautiful prints if done in another fabric. 

I know we're talking silk, but in the past Bob has done some incredible styles in fleece.  Some of his fleece jackets really did allow you to wear that comfortable and most casual of fabrics, and look polished.  I haven't even seen this type of jacket from Bob in a while, but perhaps I have just missed them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I remember Bob Mackie's first appearance on QVC. He had a beautiful silk scarf for sale. Then he branched out into other garments, mostly jackets, all made of natural fibers like linen, cotton, or silk. Now it's all blends, at best, but mostly polyester. As I write this, Louis del Olio is on Q. His line has also been cheapened. I'm so glad that I bought many of his early offerings. Those days are clearly gone.