Honored Contributor

Remember Bob Mackie's Real Silk Jackets?

Remember back when Bob Mackie's jackets were silk?  I bought one .... A18159 ... Silk Mystic Masks Quilted Jacket.  I don't know how long I've had it ... but it's at least 7 years - and still looks new.

I wore it today to an event event today with a lime green turtleneck (perfect color match from LandsEnd), black WWC straight leg pants and black ankle boots. ... I was surprised by the number of people who stopped by to remark on the fab jacket!   

I'm sorry I didn't get the matching  silk scarves that he used to have.

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Bob Mackie's Real Silk Jackets?

@ALRATIBA  I definitely remember the jacket you have and the other silk jackets and scarves. Bob's clothes used to be done only in silk. I've been watching him so long on QVC that I remember when he only did the scarves and said one day he'd also bring clothes.   Remember those little trinket boxes he used to do too?  I have a couple of those.  I have stationery and note cards he brought to QVC also.  

But back to the jackets - I have the one with elephants on it.  I still wear mine and I'm glad you read you still have yours.  I remember the matching scarf to your jacket also.  One of my favorite scarves I own is a silk scarf of his of dogs, and his friend's dog - Lucy?  or Lulu? or something is in the exact center of it.  it's a great dog scarf!

Honored Contributor

BOb Mackie used to do some fabulous silk vests too.  I love to wear vests and I had a few of his that were great.  One or two I recall were even reversible.  Nice additions to my wordrobe.  I've given them away however years ago.

Your BM jacket is stunning - what a great colorful look this time of year too.  I don't doubt you had many who stopped you to compliment your outfit.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Didn't he have jewelry also ... just for a short time?

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Pearlee  Didn't he have jewelry also ... just for a short time?

@ALRATIBA  Yes, I think so. But I didn't like it well enough to buy any, so it never comes to mind.   I did buy plenty of his other things he doesn't sell at Q any more.

Remember Diane Von Furstenberg also sold all those silk big shirts?  I have hers also.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  

I don't think I ever bought anything of Diane's ... but I do remember when she was on. 

There were a lot of good vendors in "the good old days."   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD  's post reminded me of the colorful vests Richard Simmons brought to QVC. He was always in vests on the air, when he wasn't in his exercise short shorts and tank top. I still have a couple of Simmons' vests that I bought when he was selling clothing!

Honored Contributor

I have 3 of the same jackets all skil that Louis Dell'Olio offered about 5 or 6 years (maybe more) ago.  They looked like large window panes.  I got them in several different colors.  They still fit and look nice.

I wish he'd make them again. 

Honored Contributor

i remember his silk pieces, especially his scarves......loved them! they are works of art. the square ones were perfect for framing. i had these in his piano key design. still have the scarf, but have given away the jacket.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/gZkAAOSw9N1Vlezt/s-l225.jpg

http://i.ngimg.com/resources/nastygal/images/products/processed/40209.0.detail.jpg

this is one of my favorites......his fashion parade scarf.....different fashions from different decades.

https://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2015/02/20/54e76c7feaf0300de1006600/s_54e76c7feaf0300de1006602.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have the black elephant jacket and many of his silk blouses. My favorite silk blouse is a hapi coat that is a pea green with cats on it. I adore it. I have had it about twenty years.