Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed shopaholics week of April 14

I am late in posting today..I am having a flare..no pain but my joints are weird and my brain is foggy.. lol I told v that was my excuse today.

Linda..sorry to hear about Bev. I just had a good friend move back to Colorado...miss her a lot. I think as time passes yiu will get more comfortable going out. I always wear a mask. I saw on FB that Jean has decided to retire.I hope her health is ok.

Claudia, sounds as if you made some progress on finding a contractor. I hope you do not have to board the dogs for that long. 

have a good night. I need to feel better tomorrow.🐸🐸

Respected Contributor

Griffyn got groomed today. Tip was very unhappy to be crated when we took Griffyn but she'll have Jer turn tomorrow. When I brought Griffyn home this afternoon  she was in the back yard jumping and screeching  at the top of her lungs. Such a drama queen. R said she was jumping so high she almost jumped on top of the garbage can by the railing. She really loves "her Griffie".

I was able to get 2 bags of their dog food plus made a stop at Wet and after dropping Griffyn at the groomer.

Today was chilly and of course the snow is expected tonight.

I'm sorry to hear your friend Bev is dealing with more cancer issues, Linda. When to stop driving is always difficult. In this county we have the transit authority buses. I think if you're over a certain age or disabled they pick you up at your house.

I hope you're feeling better today, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon..we are having serious wind issues with gusts up tom40 mph. That causes the dust to blow..right now I cannot see our mountain. Dust storms could happen this afternon.

I am feeling much better..my leg and foot swelling has disappeared and the fatigue is disappating.. 

our front door is still hard to open...hope it will be better tomorrow.

i bet the dogs look pretty . Pepper looks like a fluff ball..but m and syd like her that way..

linda..hope you are doing well.

enjoy 🌵🌵💕

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  Your dogs certainly keep you entertained, Claudia. Hope your weather wasn't too bad, and the snow wasn't a problem.

There is a "dial a ride" service here (through the local transit company), and I am eligible to have them pick me up and take me places Monday - Saturday, certain hours, etc. for a reduced rate (I signed up for the service just in case).  However, I don't think they are providing that service at this time due to the pandemic.  Also, it really would not be practical to do things like hospice volunteering if I had to rely on those buses.  I will just have to cross that bridge when/if I come to it.  Sometimes I get myself worried about silly stuff.

Glad you are better today, Barbara.  It is windy here as well.  It was okay on my walk, but after spending a short time outdoors my eyes are killing me.  Hope it will be less windy tomorrow.  Also hope you have an easier time opening the door.

To be honest, I have been concerned about Jean's health for a while.  I have been sending her messages via Facebook, and sometimes she has mentioned her weight loss (which is okay with her) but extreme fatigue (which is not).  She has certainly worked a lot longer than many, and I hope she will feel better.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I contacted Bev, and she doens't know the results of her biopsy yet.  Yesterday, she drove up to the medical office (about 40 miles away) only to be told they didn't have the results in yet.  They claimed that they called her and left a voice message, but not true.  Now, she is back to waiting.  

Meanwhile, my audiologist had me come in early, and will send back the hearing aid again.  He estimates 10 days or more before it is ready.  

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the leg and foot swelling has gone, Barbara. I hope your fatigue improves.

We had a light coating of snow but the roads were bare. The temperatures stayed in the low 30's today.

I'm sorry to hear about Jean's health problems. She's certainly been through a lot in the past year or so. I hope her fatigue improves. Sometimes it just takes time.

Its frustrating waiting for medical results. Its too bad Because made the long drive to the medical office only to find out nothing, Linda.

You were right about that hearing aid. Too bad it will take that long to be fixed.

We got another verbal estimate which we will get in writing. The Amish contractor called back. He found the price of the composite lumber jumped again since his last order. It would be almost $8000 more for the porches. Yikes. He said prices have tripled since the start of the pandemic.

Whichever contractor we go with we want a quality product. I don't want to pick the least expensive just because it's less money. I also wish we didn't have to wait till September.

Have a good evening and sleep well. Too often find myself worrying about things when I go to bed. I'm trying to do better and not worry.

Respected Contributor

I managed to sign in but I'm keeping this short.

We had a chilly windy day. The wind of course made it feel much colder. Next week it should start warming up again.

I did order the Cuddleduds tsv. I'm still trying to locate the summer weight pajamas. One more bin to search.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

My Lug tsv arrived and is a keeper.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I figured something was up when there were so few posts for today.  Glad you like the Lug TSV, and I hope you like the Cuddl Duds PJ's, Claudia. It is very windy here, but not cold -- thank goodness.

It has been a hectic day, grocery shopping took some time, as did the hospice deliveries.  They were celebrating volunteer day/week, and gave us flowers and a small cake (sort of like a tiny bundt cake) along with a card.  But, things were a bit messed up since the parking lot in front of the building is mostly closed due to them putting up a bank there -- go figure.  And, it may take until Christmas for the work to be finished.  I went to the back door, but it isn't automatic opening, and is farther from the hospice office.  The volunteer coordinator didn't get my phone call or e-mail, so I had to wait while he took care of other volunteers (everyone was there to pick up their gifts).  At least the deliveries went okay.  I'll probably do the letters after dinner.

The director of the community center where we used to have "strong bones" class e-mailed that they were re-opening the center.  And, she wanted to know if we wanted to go back to our previous schedules.  I contacted the "strong bones" leader, and she isn't ready.  I feel the same, plus there were very few class members even before the lockdown.  So, we will not be holding classes at the Community Center.  

Meanwhile, the director said that she didn't know about the senior lunch program yet.

I received my new Amazon Fire, and I hope to get it set up tonight.  

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. That is a bummer about the increased cost of lumber, etc., Claudia.  I had heard that was an issue.

Respected Contributor

I tried to log in twice yesterday and gave up. I had a busier day because of 2 medical appts, plus my iron infusion. We did an early dinner at our fave Mexican restaurant

The iron is definitely the cause of my dizziness. I was fine during pt but when I got home I was so bad I thought that I was going to pass out. I hadn't eaten yet so v made me toast ..yikes. 

Linda..what a ness for you to get in to the hospice office.I have planned what, I or we will do when we can no longer drive.  If we stay here, we would move into a senior apartment. There are some lively ones here, that fit our budget with amenities, including providing driving to and from appointments and grocery delivery. Would you consider moving back East to be near your dd. ?

I want to be planful and not in crisis,

Claudia..I ordered the lug tav and I am looking at it. I love the wallet and the bag is a bit smaller version of my favorite travel bag. I am leaning towards keeping it. I ordered a pair of pjs yersterday...many of mine are old.

I had read that prices for wood have gone up.

have a good day.🤩🤩

Respected Contributor

• Regarding the Lug tsv, it is amazing how much I can fit in. It is one of my favorites, Barbara. I had the matching wallet, 2 checkbooks, a pocket calendar, car keys, gum, otc pills in a small zip lock pouch, pen, cell phone, small notepad, lip balm, and face mask.

At least you  know the cause of your dizziness. I hope it improves.

My friend's son is in the logging business. He told her all the lumber mills are full but         the prices are sky high. The same with the composite wood

R had his acupuncture this afternoon and is sweeping out one side of the garage

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  At least you know what is causing the dizziness, Barbara.  I hope you like the PJ's, and decide on the Lug TSV soon.  Glad you like it so much, Claudia.

I have no plans to move back to Maryland.  I really prefer the weather here, plus there are many more activities geared to seniors.  My Maryland friends are scattered around a wide area, so I wouldn't have as many contacts.  The same is true with recreation, classes, etc.  And, I think I would end up being a burden for DD, even if it were just feeling she needed to visit regularly. 

I might move to a reasonably priced senior apartment if I am unable to drive.  There is one that isn't too pricey, and they have a van that can take you to the store and medical appointments sometimes.  However, I still would not be able to do my volunteer work or attend get-togethers, etc.  Plus the rent would be way more than I am paying for living here.  The nicer place where one of my friends lives requires a substantial up-front lease payment (your family can get 75% back after you pass), and the monthly rent is more than twice as much as the apartments.  It gives me a headache just thinking about it.  LOL  Glad you have good options in your area, Barbara.

Glad R got his acupuncture, Claudia. 

As you may see on the other thread, lunch was very nice (but at a different location), and Bev had bad news about her cancer.  She has a pretty good attitude about it, but of course, is disappointed and sad.

Hugs,

Linda