Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed shopaholics. Week of August 30

Glad R's appointment went well yesterday, Claudia.  My friend said that they are being extra careful with her because of her age (in her 80's) and other health problems.  Certainly hope things go okay for her.  As you may read on the other thread, I did go to the sing along, and it was fun.  Very hot outside, but I waited until the sun went down which helped a little.  They had food and wine inside the house, but I didn't partake.  

Glad nothing happened with your jewelry when you forgot to close your jewelry box, and you like your hair.  Hope R didn't need that mask.

Have a safe trip, Barbara.  The good news is that it should be considerably cooler starting on Wednesday, including lows in the 60's.  I have not heard from DD, so I assume the new dishwasher is working fine.

Sorry V probably needs a pacemaker, but I understand they can really be a lifesaver (literally).  Glad you had such a good visit with Amie and the girls.  Interesting that they are all the same body type.  My parents were short and usually thin (until their later years), which is true of me.  But, DD is a very different body type.  

I am not surprised that Amie is stressed about the new school year.  So many things to consider.  I know that some parents in the Tucson area are not at all happy about "virtual" school or hybrid virtual and in-person classes.  Glad that I don't have kids in school now.

I really try not to get into political discussions since there are not many people without a very firm opinion.  My senior lunch program work buddy really tried to get me into a political discussion, but I kept my mouth shut on the subject.  

Very quiet here -- already 98 degrees with a high of 104 degrees predicted.  Very tired of the heat and lack of rain, but at least I have reliable AC.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I started that book you recommended, Barbara -- very interesting.

Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed shopaholics. Week of August 30

That's a very nice picture of the girls, Barbara. It sounds like a good visit. Safe travels for you and V.

The fall after dad died mother had to have a pacemaker. Stubborn former RN. Wouldn't you know she checked her pulse, saw how low it was, and drove herself to the doctor's office. They were horrified and hustled her to the hospital. Pacemaker was scheduled for the next day in the afternoon. Suddenly it was moved up as her heart rate dropped. I had to call Anne back from lunch and I recall the nurses running down the hall pushing the bed with us hurrying behind. Never dull here. I'm sure when V has his it will be without all the drama. They're definitely a life saver.

1.  did get my hair trimmed but not styled. l'll deal with it tomorrow. Afterwards I stopped at Alexis. I was surprised to see large sections of the freezer case were empty. There was a sign saying they were trying as best they could to keep stocked. If you want change when you pay with your debit you need to request it beforehand.

No idea where 1. came from.

It was a nice cool day here. R has been slacking on using his c-pap machine. It's been cleaned and he'll use it tonight for sure.

I'm very glad you decided to replace the AC, Linda. No AC in your heat would be horrible. Also glad your DD now has a dishwasher.

@LindaLatte wrote:

Glad R's appointment went well yesterday, Claudia.  My friend said that they are being extra careful with her because of her age (in her 80's) and other health problems.  Certainly hope things go okay for her.  As you may read on the other thread, I did go to the sing along, and it was fun.  Very hot outside, but I waited until the sun went down which helped a little.  They had food and wine inside the house, but I didn't partake.  

Glad nothing happened with your jewelry when you forgot to close your jewelry box, and you like your hair.  Hope R didn't need that mask.

Have a safe trip, Barbara.  The good news is that it should be considerably cooler starting on Wednesday, including lows in the 60's.  I have not heard from DD, so I assume the new dishwasher is working fine.

Sorry V probably needs a pacemaker, but I understand they can really be a lifesaver (literally).  Glad you had such a good visit with Amie and the girls.  Interesting that they are all the same body type.  My parents were short and usually thin (until their later years), which is true of me.  But, DD is a very different body type.  

I am not surprised that Amie is stressed about the new school year.  So many things to consider.  I know that some parents in the Tucson area are not at all happy about "virtual" school or hybrid virtual and in-person classes.  Glad that I don't have kids in school now.

I really try not to get into political discussions since there are not many people without a very firm opinion.  My senior lunch program work buddy really tried to get me into a political discussion, but I kept my mouth shut on the subject.  

Very quiet here -- already 98 degrees with a high of 104 degrees predicted.  Very tired of the heat and lack of rain, but at least I have reliable AC.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I started that book you recommended, Barbara -- very interesting.