Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed shopaholics. Week of August 30

it's rained off and on most of the day but we didn't get the forecast storm.

R feels somewhat better. I had him leave a message with  VA dental. His appointment (that has been rescheduled several times due to the pandemic) is 10/6 after the surgery. However the tooth that broke off hurts off and on. I hope there's a possibility they'll see him sooner.

Linda, I hope the carpeting is done or nearly done.

Good luck with the packing lists, Barbara. Enjoy your lunch with Syd tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

R's surgery is the 23rd, Linda. Friday is his presurgery appointment with his VA doctor. I hope He gets that walker out together before the 23rd.

The regular flu shot sounds like a good for after your experience last year.

I bet your DD is thrilled. Adam learned to cook in high school. He started at Wendy's then moved on to a pizza/restaurant place. He does grocery shopping and some of the meal preparation out in OK.

It's great Syd is comfortable as herself. We've come a long ways but still have a ways to go.

Respected Contributor

Syd and I are back from lunch. It is cool today..only 66 today, but We sat in the sun and were sheltered from the wind so it was fine. She is such an interesting girl..we talked a lot about politics and history. How many15 year olds do that ?.  Last night she told her mommy that a certain color "offended her aesthetic ". I choked on my water as her mom and grandfather admitted they had no idea what she was talking about. Lol

Linda..how nice your dgs wants to learn how to cook.and i am sure dd is happy with the girlfriend. Your carpet sounds lovely. ..a great combo with peach. I think you will be happier with the regular flu shot. I am worried that the vivid vaccine is being rushed for political reasons. I will wait for that one.

i have dr died not to pack early...I end up worrying that I have missed something so end up repacking.i am going to follow my list.

Claudia..hope r continues to feel better.his surgery is not that far off. Are your grandsons back in school or are they doing distance learning?? School is so iffy this year.

Enjoy tye day. 🥰🥰

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you and Syd enjoyed lunch, Barbara. My brother was that way - able to talk about a myriad of subjects.

Good idea to wait and pack from your list

Since Whitney totally cut off communication in March I have no idea what the boys are doing about school. Last I saw Dylan had unofficially changed his name to Luke and was using the boyfriend's last name.

R hadn't received a call back from VA dental so I sent a secure message asking if the broken tooth should be taken care of before his hip replacement and noted he is diabetic. Within 45 minutes R got a phone call and now is scheduled for early next Friday.

Tomorrow he sees his primary care VA physician for the pre surgery exam.

Linda, enjoy the new carpet. I bet it's beautiful plus much safer than the old carpet.

Yesterday Jinx scooted onto the sun porch. I picked him up and was putting him back outside when the young feral appeared. Such a horrified look on his face as if he was thinking Jinx you have your own house! Ollie will go as far as stepping over the threshold before backing out.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  At least I had the 3 part right, Claudia.  LOL  My friend is having her tumor removal (kidney) on the 9th, and had her pre-op visit today.  Glad R has an appointment for his broken tooth.  That is really something Dylan changing his first and last names.  Yikes!   Hope Whit comes to her senses soon.

I think you are smart to wait to pack, Barbara.  Sometimes I pack early and then keep going back and checking things over and over. 

Glad you and Syd had a nice lunch and conversation.  My DD was always very good with discussions when she was younger.  In fact, she still is excellent.  She is like her Father that way.  On the other hand, writing comes much easier to me than talking.  

The carpet is really nice and cushy as well as pretty.  I have not tackled the office stuff yet since I went to the grocery store, etc.  No big rush, and I would really like to part with some of DH's stuff -- like books that I don't plan to read.  

DD had a very successful visit to the chiropractor, and he said she is making a lot of progress in range of motion.  But, she is having quite a bit of pain.  He said she could always ask for a painkilller from her doctor if it gets too bad.  DGS girlfriend is Christina not Christine.  I have to try to remember.  Meanwhile, older DGS' wife is driving up to New Hampshire in her new Jeep on Saturday.  His car is being picked up and shipped there tomorrow afternoon.  I asked, and he is using a rental car provided by the company.

I called two roofers to see if I could have the roof inspected and recoated if necessary, and I have not heard back from one.  The other said they are not taking on new customers because he is booked through February -- yikes.

Hope both of you, your husbands and furbabies have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Amie and the girls are here..it is good to see them. I will post more later or tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

So happy Amie and the girls are there, Barbara.  I was hoping they would make it before you went back to Arizona.  

I heard from my friend that her pre-op was done early, and she found out that they will be doing an ablation plus biopsy on the 9th, and then she has to go back again in six weeks for another biopsy to see if they were able to get out all the cancer.  Depending on their findings, they may take out part or all of her kidney.  She has had to go to the hospital three times already -- COVID test, pre-op, and to see her cardiologist.  Not fun.

My hospice volunteer work went fine, and I have a DVD to pick up at the library later.  

DD has a migraine (didn't sleep well), but is doing okay.  Apparently, her DIL's mother is driving up with her to New Hampshire early tomorrow, staying for a few days, and then flying back.  She did not want to drive alone.

Meanwhile, my younger DGS is going over to the condo since they are picking up oldest DGS' car to take it to New Hampshire.  He will stay the night with his brother -- probably have some fun.

DGD got a raise which certainly makes her happy.  She would like to stay with this company since their benefits are better than others in the area.

Almost finished with unpacking and re-arranging the bedroom and "office".  I have quite a few books to donate, and a pretty big bag of trash.  I had replaced some plastic storage boxes with cloth ones plus eliminated some of the stuff in boxes.  So, I gave my old plastic totes to a lady on Next Door.  I happened to see her as I left for the hospice office, and she was very nice (probably as old as me or even older).  

We are expecting a high of 105 degrees today, and have excessive heat warnings until Monday night.  There is supposed to be an outdoor sing along in the neighborhood this evening, but I think I may not want to attend in the heat.

Hope R is feeling better, and things are going okay there, Claudia.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda.  

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm so happy Amie and the girls were able to visit.

R had his pre surgery appointment today and it went well. His acupuncture was an hour later. We had a quick lunch in between appointments.

R put the "tall" walker together tonight. Meanwhile I caught Tippy tearing up a face mask. How she got it is beyond me. I wonder if R left one of his where she could reach it.

I have a couple empty bins and hope to start the great clothing switch this weekend. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my hair trimmed. I'm not putting it off. I've learned my lesson when I couldn't get my hair trimmed for nearly 4 months.

Linda, I'm glad your DGS' wife won't have to make the long drive alone. I bet your DGD is happy she got a raise.

You've made a lot of progress with the bedroom and office. Given the extreme heat I think you're wise to skip the sing along.

I must have been very tired last night. I left the lid of my jewelry box open. The cats seem to have disturbed only one piece and that was in a protective bag.

My youngest sister ended up having her kidney removed. Besides the cancer she had an aneurysm on it. That was the first part of 2014.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I am taking a break from packing...I need to take another look to see f I need to take everything I have packed.

Had a great visit with Amie. I will post a pic of the girls..Sydnie is still the tallest car 5..8 but Kaylie and Miley are not far behind in height. They are all leggy and lanky.They had a great time together.

Amie is very stressed about school because of the uncertainty. We got into a few words over politics...need to avoid that. 

Linda..I am gearing myself for the heat. It will be 100 in Nebraska but much cooler on Monday. Glad dd got her dishwasher replaced. Hope dgs and wife get settled in New Hampshire quickly 

claudia..as I sad Tippy and Pepper would be quite the pair with getting into trouble.Glad r got his walker together.

v is probably going to have to have a pacemaker. His cardiologist called yesterday  and he will,have to follow up in Az. Arghhh

Respected Contributor

I will post when we get to Colorado. Stay cool.🥰🥰