Respected Contributor
We made it home safely. Had ac45 minute delay in taking off but the flight was nice. M was glad to see sydnie but spent most of the time talking about herself. Arghhhh.,I am unpacked...still need to organize a bit. My cleaning lady comes tomorrow. And syd has her things strewn all over the family room. Took v out to dinner for Father's Day.
Respected Contributor

I took R out to dinner and we just got home. Whit just called and Adam told him Happy Father's Day. Like M, R spends his time talking about himself.

Grif is very exuberent. He and Bo were chasing each other in and out of the house.

Respected Contributor
I am recovering. We had a great time but my brothers are always on the move. Poor syd has soccer camp this morning, dance and soccer tonight. She already is tired. My middle brothers "episode" turned out to be a Tia. He has developed a hair trigger temper as a result. I suggest to my sil that she tell his dr what is going on. V is going fishing with amie and v3 on Wednesday for 3 days. I am feeling pretty good still..will be back later.
Respected Contributor

I am wondering if we should start a new thread daily??? I...

I am wondering if we should start a new thread daily??? I am having difficulty maneuvering on the threads.
Respected Contributor

Re: I am wondering if we should start a new thread daily??? I...

I have no objection, Barbara. I haven't had a problem since I learned to go over to the right of the topic where it shows who last posted. Above them it says how long ago and I click on that. It is a pain when replying to only see 1 other post.

The grass is mowed both out front and back. I need to charge the batteries. Tomorrow is another VA appt. That will take up much of the day.

A good idea to let your brother's dr know about the hair trigger temper. I have found that R's coordination problem post tia has gone away. The confusion he has at times and opinions were there before the tia. The temper may be temporary.

Respected Contributor

Claudia..li will try that to access the thread. I am hoping the anger is temporary... My sil is a control freak and that does not help matters. That is why I suggested she chill a bit.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I sometimes have trouble finding our thread, but other times I get right there by clicking on the last post.  Still, it is more difficult than in the old days.

Hope you can rest and recover a bit Barbara.  That is a shame about your middle brother -- it might be a good idea to talk to the doctor.  Syd's schedule sounds like DH's DGD before her accident.  She seems to be doing okay, but recovery will be a long process.  

Sorry that M and R spend so much time talking/focused on themselves.  Not easy to deal with, but I don't know a solution.

Good luck at the VA tomorrow, Claudia.  Not fun when you need to spend most of the day on appointments.

Both DH's children called to wish him Happy Father's Day yesterday, and I wished him one.  But, I didn't bother with a card or anything since he barely looked at the anniversary card I gave him.  His latest problem is where he will sleep at night, and if I will sleep next to him.  I tried to reassure him -- we only have one bed, so there aren't really other options.  LOL

DD said the drive back from Reserves on Saturday was a  nightmare -- 3 1/2 hours due to a horrible storm, etc.  She is not looking forward to next weekend.  

DH and I walked early this morning, and I had my strong bones workshop.  Headed to Curves later today.  I did make a quick Safeway run to pick up some more Alaskan salmon (fresh).  It is on sale (still expensive, but.....)

Our neighbor/builder came over, and we talked a bit about the kitchen cabinets.  It sounds like he will get them done later this summer or early Fall.  We will probably change some elements, but it should be nice.

Have a good evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, glad dgd is doing better. Children are pretty resilient. I am sure your new cabinets will be lovely. Vyrn had their kitchen completely remodeled and it is quite nice. I am going to have to find a different chair..this one is causing me a lot of neck pain. You are so good to dh. Sleep well.
Respected Contributor

I am reall disliking this new format. Syd is off at soccer camp..she will be exhausted by this evening...walkover camp and 3 hours of technique classes tonight. I went to the grocery store. The woman in front of me was pretty obnoxious...she completely blocked the checkout lane so I could not unload until she was done and then she left her cart right in the aisle so I had to push it out of the way. Yikes. The prednisone is wearing off
I forgot that I can do paragraphs now...lol.
It is perfect outside ..high in the upper 70s no humidity. Love it.
I may be back later.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope Syd doesn't get too exhausted today, -- sounds like that will be a challenge, Barbara.  What a nasty "lady" at the grocery store.  Too bad about your medicine wearing off.  I guess it can't be helped, but no fun.

Our weather is just plain hot.  We may have some rain tomorrow, and I won't be sorry if it cools us down a bit.  I dread seeing our electric bill after this stretch of heat.  But, thank goodness our AC is working well.

Hope the trip to the VA goes okay, Claudia.  Long and tiring day, I'm sure.

We have the senior lunch program today and the gym this afternoon.  Tomorrow will be the last strong bones workshop, but someone (not the leader who will be away) has volunteered to try to continue the class at a different location, and I told her that I was interested.  Not sure I could go twice a week on a long-term basis, but it would be good to keep up these exercises.  My legs seem to feel stronger -- not sure if it is true or not or the cause, but....  

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda