Esteemed Contributor

I just couldn't find our thread under this new system, so I decided to try and start it again.  If we find it, we can always go back.

Hope you are recovered from your trip, Barbara, and that your day is going well so far.  You said something about DH's DGD being an elite soccer player, but I don't know if that is the case.  She only started last year (I think), and she still spends a lot of time dancing.  But, she may indeed be into soccer more than I realize. I know that her grandfather was worried about injuries, and she certainly had a big and unusual injury.  I think her Mom is open to her continuing to play once she recovers.

Hi Claudia -- hope things are going okay there, and your doggies aren't giving you too much trouble, and R and Adam are okay.

DH and I had our walk early, and I have the strong bones workout later this morning and Curves this afternoon.  I did not do that one machine at the gym yesterday, and my knee wasn't as sore last night.  Maybe that was part of the problem.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor
Thanks for starting the thread. I searched for a while also. Thank goodness I am pretty good with technology because the format is going to take some type to adap to. I am getting packed for the trip tomorrow. I t is going to be both warm and cold so will need to pack accordingly. Our weekend was great..syd took good care of her little cousins. Vyrn wanted to keep her for the summer. Lol. Linda, I thought she had played soccer for a while. No one plays very well in the level sydnie plays at, but she has some good bruises. Glad the machine change seems to help. Claudia hope your day is going well. I will be back later.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for starting a new post, Linda. My this is a strange format.

TT is at the groomers. It seems she will stop grooming large breed dogs as she only has one assistent and can't find more. I will be scheduling the other 2 dogs asap before this happens. She knows of no other groomers in the area who do the large breeds.

It's in the 90's here.

Good luck packing for tomorrow's trip, Barbara. I guess you will be wearing layers. I'm sure Syd was a great help with her cousins. No wonder your son wanted to keep her for the summer.

Respected Contributor
That is too bad about the groomer, claudia. It sounds like you may have to drive further. I have decided to do a carryon, in addition to the checked bag. My sil sent the plans and there is no time for laundry. Plus, v can add some things to our carry one. I will use our vb bags for plane necessities. It is a slow process today...I need a new body.
Respected Contributor
I M tired of packing...decided to play with the new format.
Respected Contributor

You and me both. I tripped maybe over my own two feet and landed sprawled on the dining room floor. In front of Adam, the dogs, and Rod. Griff was concerned and Adam had to pull him off so I could scoot to the steps and get up.

It's a good idea this time to check a bag and have a carryon.. I will have to start checking but we may need to drive up to 60 miles to find a groomer for TT. He is not cooperative when it comes to his hindquarters.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your fall and the need to take the dogs to a far away groomer, Claudia.  It is always something.  

DD just texted me that their truck had to be towed to the garage -- something with the brakes or brake line.  Hope it can be repaired quicklyand does not cost too much.  

Good luck with your packing, Barbara.  And, I hope it is a great trip.

Respected Contributor

Sorry about DD's truck, Linda. I put funds in Adam's acct. so he can pick up his truck tomorrow. Then of course he has to get it inspected after he gets his lost registration card replaced.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope your trip is going well, Barbara.  Sounds like another busy time for you.  I don't think I could keep up with all your traveling.  I do enjoy traveling, but it always takes me time to gear up and then get back to normal.

Hope Adam's truck is fine now, Claudia, and he gets the registration replacement, etc.  DD texted me that it was the brake line on the truck, and it will be repaired tomorrow -- $425.  I think we are pretty much in the same boat -- "bank of Mom", except you have two kids, and I just have one.  Lucky that we have enough money to help, but.....  Hope the dogs and R are okay today.

It was very hot yesterday (105 at least), and they are predicting even higher temperatures today and the rest of the week.  Yikes!  I really pity anyone whose AC is broken or who has to work outdoors in this weather.  I am drinking water like crazy just trying to keep hydrated.

DH's daughter called last night, and they will be going to talk to the surgeon today.  She said his DGD is doing better, but of course,once she has the operation she will need to go through recovery again.  Hope the surgery can be scheduled soon.

We have the senior lunch program today, and then the gym this afternoon.  

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor
We arrived safely and are enjoying Greenwich. I ended up with too much stuff..snacks and things for sydnie. I am going to unpack shortly. Linda, it looks very warm in az. Claudia hope Adams truck is good.now. More later