Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of September 5

Not much got done today except the must do chores. I  callef the vet first thing and left a message. Griffyn was having trouble with his ear and we were pretty sure he had an ear infection. They fit him in midafternoon. He now has medication in his ear which works over two weeks. I had the choice of picking up medicine or having him seen. Since he's being boarded for 2 weeks I preferred he be seen and hoped they'd put the medicine in his ear. Just in case the boarding kennel is a mile from our vet.

It rained terribly driving home. At times I could hardly see the road and the fog was coming down from the hills. Griffyn is determined to be first out of the car and climbed over R to make sure he was out first to check things out.  As he pushed and shoved I ended up with Pyrenees hair up my nose.

R's replacement string for his bow arrived. After spending hours trying to restring it he found a place that will do it about 45 miles away. It looks like we'll be taking a drive after his appointment with the orthopedic surgeon.

I'm glad you should finally be able to get your prolia shot, Linda its frustrating trying to find out who to contact anymore. I'm glad your transportation to the airport is set up. I think you will be ok on your trip. DH's testing setup is certainly strict. I hope it goes well and she doesn't have to take the test in person.

Adam has cut way back on his soda consumption but heard about the shortages plus big pay raises and bonuses. He said he briefly considered changing employers but he's moving up the ladder where he is and the benefits where he's at are the best.

Barbara, I hope V had a better day and you are getting some rest.

Respected Contributor

A short post ..I am very tired.V was able to sit-up for 15 minutes today...but he had trouble laying back down.  He realized today how very weak he is. 

I cannot imagine driving to Az in the near future unless he really improves.

Infusion tomorrow...I will post more.

Respected Contributor

I had my infusion and then an appt with my rheumatologist. By the time I left for my drive home my head was letting me know it was there. Obviously I made it here and an hour after taking pain meds I can at least see.😬😬

V told me take some $ and Dona shopping trip at jjill. It was fun . I got a couple of beautiful long sleeve shirts for layering and a pair of silky jeans. I am not going to keep the Kim Gravel,jeans. This shopping center is very high end with lots of pricey items. And 90% were wearing masks.

Linda, I had read that Oklahoma was very bad for COVID. I am sure that you are getting excited for your trip.Az still looks pretty hot.I am glad that you got your prolix shot figured out. Prolia...

Claudia..hope Griffs ear gets better soon.I hate driving in heavy rain. I drink very little soda...v has had none since he got sick and thinks he probably will not return to it.

They did not sit him up because of his low platelets. That made no sense because he did it yesterday.

Did I mention that I spent some time talking to a very nice man with dementia? He thought I was his wife..but got that straightened out. The staff said it was very nice of me. 

Enjoy the rest of your day. 🌵🌵⭐️⭐️

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hot here this afternoon (100 degrees), but it started out nice this morning.  It is still very hot in Utah, but hopefully will be cooler when I take my trip.  I'm assuming the trip is still on.

Hope Griffyn's ear is better today, Claudia.  Also hope R's doctor's visit and trip to the place that works on bows went okay (assuming he went there today.)  Sounds like Adam is doing very well at work except for being overworked due to the lack of staff.

Good that you made it home okay after you infusion, Barbara.  Hope your headache isn't too bad, and you can get some pain relief and rest.  That is a shame about V not being able to get up -- maybe things will be better tomorrow.  Nice of you to talk to the man with dementia.  I am sure I told you the story about the man in DH's facility who thought I was his wife.  He was really angry with me for spending time with DH.  Glad you are happy with your clothes purchases.  Too bad the KG jeans didn't work well for you.  Happy to hear about the mask-wearing people.  

My guess is that mask wearing is up to 75 percent or so at the local grocery stores.  

I went to the grocery stores this morning, and now I'm back from doing my hospice supply deliveries.  I need to work on the mailings next.  The hospice volunteer coordinator showed me pictures he took at a canyon north of here.  The contrast between his pictures from January to last weekend were amazing -- so much green.  That is true around here as well.

No word on my Prolia shot, and I am not sure it will really happen before my trip.  But, I'm tired of calling people who act like I'm a pest. 

Hope you have a nice evening and sleep well, Claudia, and you can rest, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

R's appointment went well this morning as far as I know. He had to go without me. He goes back in a year to have the hip checked.

After he got home we headed out on our drive to get his bow restrung. Afterwards we stopped for lunch. The prices were higher than expected but it was near the city. A half hour from home he decided we should have an early dinner. We brought enough food home for supper tomorrow night.

The dogs were good while we were gone. I parked out front anticipating tomorrow's delivery of the porch materials. Today was a cooler day. It was 68°.

I hope V has a better day tomorrow and the platelet count goes up, Barbara. Get some rest. How sweet of you to spend some time with the man with dementia. Linda, I remember your story of the man in DH's facility.

I am keeping my KG jeans. I wore them today. I wish I had ordered another pair.

Linda, I hope you hear about the prolia shot soon.

Respected Contributor

My head is still weird but I was able to spend the afternoon with V. His platelets were up a goodly amount so he had pt. He was able to sit up twice for about 10 minutes  which the pt people were happy about. He was in pain and took a pain pill. 

He is happy with his progress.

it was another beautiful day....

Hope you both have had a good day. 
💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope you are doing okay, Barbara and your headache and other symptoms are under control.  Also hope V is better today.  

Glad R's appointment went okay, Claudia.  Hope the porch materials were delivered.  Good for the dogs behaving themselves.  Great that the KG jeans worked well for you.  There certainly wasn't much of a chance to buy another pair given how fast they sold out.  Your weather sounds much better for wearing jeans than here in the heat.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I received more information about my Utah trip today.  All looks good.  I had asked about the Horseshoe Bend river float trip and was pleased that the water is very calm.  I was concerned about getting my ears wet.  It also looks like a beautiful area.

DD was contacted by a small company that wanted her to close a loan (that is part of the certification she is trying to obtain), and she explained that she hadn't been certified yet.  But, she was thrilled that she may well be able to get some work when she is.  The only student in her medical billing and coding class to pass her certification test sent out an email to the others saying so far, she has not been able to get work.  Apparently, the certification was for apprentices, and no one wants apprentices at this time.  Pretty upsetting.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- we were posting around the same time, Barbara.  That is wonderful news about V.  Please take care of yourself and get some rest.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara, that's terrific news about V. I'm sure you're feeling relieved he's making progress. It's a morale booster for him.

R's eye appointment went well according to him. He may need cataract surgery in a couple years which is not surprising.

The treated lumber for the porch supports was delivered late morning. The contractor removed the bottom lattice work on the driveway side of both porches and helped us get the grill down the steps. There wasn't much more he could do today. He also temporarily reinforced the front steps so we can use them until the porch is replaced.

I started writing up information/instructions for the boarding kennel.

I'm glad your trip is still on, Linda. It seems your DD is better off switching from medical billing and coding.

I hope you have a nice relaxing evening.

Eta

Griffyn had to inspect everything in the yard. Then Tippy copied him.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It has been a very quiet day here.  Hot weather again, but it was okay on my walk this morning.  The link for the Zoom meditation group didn't work this morning, but she was able to get the correct link out to a few of us.  I thought it was a good day to meditate given the 20th anniversary of 9/11.  Hard to be cheerful today.  

Usually, I am more interested in fashion days, but between not needing any more clothes plus the sober remembrance, not so today.  Just as well.

The laundry is mostly done, and I have done some cooking.  Need to do an exercise DVD, and my weekly financial review.   I'd also like to do some cooking.  I'm still debating what to take on my trip.

Hope you are doing okay today, Barbara, and V continues to improve.  Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  It took quite a while for things to get started, but it seems like the construction is going well.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I just returned from spending the afternoon with v...He was doing his "in bed" exercises. My head got a little ugly so I took a short nap, which helped. Syd is sleeping in a recliner...she had a dance showcase today and is very tired from it and the first week of school. 

I made a casserole for dinner..she likes those a lot. 

Nothing on the agenda...

Iam reading again..some historical fiction and books from other authors I like.

Linda, I would guess that your packing will revolve around the temps where you going. I hope  haveee an enjoyaable time.

Claudia..I think you are kenneling your dogs during construction. How long will that take?. Hope you are having a good weekend 

No clothes for me after the damage I did at jjill the other day.

Sydnie and I have watched a lot of the 9/11 programming . She was interested in the back stories I knew.

sleep well.😴😴🌻