Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of September 12

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope "Hop-a-long Casualty" is doing okay today, Claudia.  That is a pretty funny name.  Also, hope he doesn't try walking on the beams again.  Yikes!  Fingers crossed the wood is delivered when expected.  

Thanks for your comments, Barbara.  I decided taking both the Ipad and Kindle is the way to go.  My new Ipad is much lighter than the old one, so I think I will not have any problems with carrying both.

Poor V with his experience yesterday.  Hope he is able to go home on the 24th.  Not good that there is no therapy over the weekend.  Hope you are able to attend Syd's performance.  I thought handicapped access was required by law.  Glad your cellulitis is much improved,  

Pretty quiet around here.  Laundry is almost finished and I did an exercise DVD.  Next up is my weekly financial review and some cleaning.  I think the weather in Utah is getting cooler, so I'm glad that I have packed my jacket.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I talked myself out of the pizza.  I figure there will be plenty of opportunities for pizza when I am on my trip.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of September 12

Today was not what I planned. Rod, fortunately is doing better. When I went up to bed last night nothing was out of the ordinary. Then 16 year old Toby started staggering down the hall. When he reached the bedroom  4 of the other cats gathered round him. I put him in one of the cat beds and he at first seemed barely breathing. This was after 10 pm. After a bit he seemed to improve and wanted in the cat bed on top of the cedar chest. All the cats enjoy looking out the window there.

Needless to say I didn't sleep well and kept getting up to check on him. At one point Merry (the smallest of Boots' kittens)  was sleeping beside him. At 6 years old she is still the smallest. I half expected to find Toby died overnight.

This morning he was still  with us  so I called the vet and off we went.  His temperature is below the normal and he still has motor problems so is spending the weekend there. I wonder if he had a stroke. These past 6 years he's been "Uncle Toby" to the younger cats.

R spent much of the day in the garage. He had better not try any more forays over the beams.

Barbara, I'm glad your cellulitis has improved. I feel there should be pt available on weekends. V's determination to walk will carry him through. It may not help him and probably would not fit in your car but I got R a "tall" walker when he had his hip replacement. He was able to stand straight and not bend over. Folded it does fit in our Regal Tour X.

I hope to get to bed early tonight and catch up on sleep.

I'm glad the deliveries finally arrived, Linda. I'm sorry though that you had to drive home in the dark.