Respected Contributor

Reformed Shopaholics week of September 12

Happy Sunday..it is almost the middle of the month.  V has been pretty well bed ridden for 6 weeks. He is hoping to be walking next week. We shall see.

It is chilly here today...I have a sweater on and still do not feel warm.

The side effects Fe the infusion are pretty much over. I did have 2 nights where I slept about 10 hours.

Nothing exciting here...hope your day is going well. 🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of September 12

Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long, Barbara.  I really hope V will be able to walk next week.  That does sound a bit optimistic, but it is a wonderful goal.  

Glad you are mostly over the side effects of the infusion.  Not cold in Arizona for sure -- high of 101 degrees predicted for today and tomorrow.  I think it should cool down to the upper 90's on Wednesday.  Looks like the weather at the first location Utah will be similar, but considerably cooler in other parts of the State.  So, the light jacket is back on my packing list.  LOL  You would think that what to pack was a major issue.  Decisions, decisions.

I am concerned about COVID since things are getting worse in many areas, including here.  My "newcomers" group canceled events until at least December based on the problem.  

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  

As I mentioned on the other thread, OLLI Zoom classes start tomorrow morning.  I have two pretty much back-to-back which means I need to get my walking done early, and maybe shorten my walk a bit.  I was part of one of the Fitbit challenges last week, and won with the most steps (this was only about 10 people, but....)  They invited me to a rematch this week, but I will not join because I would rather do less walking and not be in a competition.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

There's not much excitement here either. Rain threatened all day but we didn't have any. I told R I'd rather it had rained today than during the week.

The dogs are at the kennel. We made 2 trips as Griffyn insists on getting out of the car first to the extent of climbing over us. One at a time made it less of a 3 ring circus. We took Tippy first then Griffyn. I'm sure Tippy was delighted when her "Griffy" arrived and Griffyn was not pleased to find he was staying.

I mowed, put the garbage out to the curb, and swept leaves off the porch. I detest the tiny leaves from the tree. I think it's a locust tree but could be wrong.

It doesn't seem like 6 weeks have passed already, Barbara. I hope he can manage some walking. It would be a big boost to his morale. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Your morning will certainly be busy, Linda. A light jacket is an excellent idea. Our first overseas trip we didn't pack jackets. Even though it was April, London was very hot. Once we got outside of London it became blustery and cold. I remember standing close behind R in Oxford so the wind wouldn't hit me. Several of us ended up buying sweatshirts.

I hope you have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I came home to get supper in the oven for Syd. She missed lunch today due to a dental appt so she will be hungry,  I am very fatigued again today...think my ra and the infusion are playing games with me 🤪🤪

Linda I never travel,without a jacket and.a shawl. I am sure that you will be wise in your clothing choices. I would assume that yiur luggage is restricted. 

I laughed about getting the dogs to the kennel...

Vyrn sat up 3 times today..for about 15 minutes each time. The next goal is to stand up ...he is realizing how week he is.,

Have a good evening and sleep well 🥸🥸

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sounds like you and R did a good job getting the dogs to the kennel, Claudia.  Hope construction has started and is going well.  

Sorry you are fatigued again today, Barbara.  Nice that you have dinner ready for Syd and V sat up three times today.  Progress.  I would imagine V would be very weak, but I'm glad he seems to be determined to get better.

My classes went well this morning, and I am concentrating on going through all my "travel toiletries" and sundries this afternoon.  I finally decided on the clothing.  I believe we are only permitted one bag, Barbara.  But, I always have a carry-on bag as well.  

Very hot again today, but not bad on my early morning walk. 

The exciting news is that DD passed her tests with flying colors.  And, she took far less time than the allowed 4 1/2 hours.  In fact, she finished the first test so quickly that she needed to wait to take the second.  There are some more steps to the process of certification by the State, but she hopes all will be done by late this month or early October.  Meanwhile, she got another request to do a closing over the weekend.  Apparently, the national organization sent out her name as having passed the first test, but she could not do the work until she passed the tests today, and the State finished the process.  She is relieved and excited.

Unfortunately, my SIL found his work schedule will make the trip to New Hampshire difficult, so they are not sure when that will happen.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's great that V sat up 3 times today, Barbara. Making progress is a big morale booster. I'm sorry you're dealing with fatigue but it's not surprising given the stress you've been under.

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed your classes. That's great news about your DD. It's too bad the New Hampshire trip is up in the air.

The contractor and crew showed up before 7:30 this morning and they worked till after 3. Within half an hour the old porch (tongue and groove) was torn down and it was a good sized porch. The framing is up. Fingers crossed the weather continues to cooperate. Once the decking is delivered a bin will arrive for the old porch lumber.

We had rain and a thunderstorm about 5 pm but it's cleared up. The new restaurant we ate lunch at was closed this past weekend. When the manager stopped at our booth I asked and found out he didn't have enough staff.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. The rehab facility is closed to visitors because someone, I believe a worker, had a positive Covid test., I am angry because someone's stupidity may have expose vulnerable folks to Covid. If I could, I would bring him home but I cannot provide the care he still needs.

on a brighter note, he sat up by himself today.,on his phone call, his dr told him that he is go8ngbtonhavevto learn to work around the pain, because it may not go away.

Linda, congrats to dd on passing her certification tests.,good for her.,I have a friend who does that for real estate transactions in Az.,

I had the surgery to put the implant in.,it was not bad because I had a lot of Novocain, but it is starting to ping so I took Tylenol and Advil

claudia..hope the porch is progressing.  Well.  We had tongue and groove in our spa 

Respected Contributor

I had to post because I had to take a phone call

anyway, we had beautiful oak paneling in our spa room, which later became an ooffuce.

Have a good evening. 
🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope the weather cooperated and construction continued today, Claudia.  Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are okay.  That is too bad about the lack of restaurant staff.  I think that is a common problem in many areas of the country.

What a shame about R's facility, Barbara.  One of the ladies on the church email list said that her husband got COVID after going to an indoor picnic.  He was vaccinated, so he didn't suffer too many symptoms, but enough issues that they had to cancel a trip to visit their DD.  Certainly hope V doesn't have any COVID problems on top of his other issues.  It sounds like he is improving, but I am sorry that he may need to work through the pain.  

Glad you are taking a pain reliever.  Not fun when the Novocaine wears off. 

I took some of my excess clothing, etc., up to the White Elephant this morning.  Decluttering slowly, but it is better than not at all.

I'm thinking about going to the gym soon.  If not, I will do so tomorrow.

Hope both of you have have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Last fall when R went to rehab it was closed to visitors. That was before the vaccine was available of course. Twice a week you could schedule a time to stand outside a window. I never did because partway through he had an appointment to get the stitches out and I was able to meet him at the doctor's office and had more contact than I would have through a window. It's a difficult situation, Barbara.

I hope the pain reliever helps - no fun when the no vaccine wears off.

Currently we are the 2nd highest county in the state with the virus. That's based on % of the population. The 30th the VA has scheduled a compensation review for R's prostate cancer. We need to get a statement from his urologist that he's on Lupron for life (or until it no longer works effectively) for his recurring prostate cancer.

My decluttering  is slow too, Linda.

My evening did not go as planned. We ended up making a trip to get more dog food after hearing certain brands were not in large supply due to production problems - lack of employees. The dogs' food is not widely available so we picked up a month's supply for when they get home. One sack was free because I had bought 12 over the past year. That promotion may have ended since no new cards were available to have filled out.

We went on to Wegmans for the ever needed cat litter. I buy the lightweight because it's easier to carry upstairs. There was sign posted that that brand was being discontinued because the manufacturer could no longer produce it. Arghh. I picked up a few more than planned. There was not a lot of cat food at the store.

The contractor showed up with his crew at 7. The porch/deck supports are in place plus the steps (front and back). They even put a new post in for the mailbox and mounted it. When R originally installed it the mailbox was tilted. This is not and the post is wrapped in vinyl. They'll be back tomorrow unless we get storms.

Off I go to bed as I need to be up and functional early. Sleep well.