Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of September 12

it was quite chilly this morning..In fact, m turned on.  The heat. It has warmed up to 80.

The restrictions at the nursing home have been lifted until Friday, when everyone is tested again. Sigh

If v is off the antibiotics on the 24th he could be released to home with healthcare coming in.  There are a lot of adaptations that will need to be made.But he is very determined to come home caring for himself. 

HE decided to try to stand today,which he did for a few minutes. He knows that he has a lot of strength to regain.

I think his determination will get. Him trough.

Meanwhile, the rash on my leg is cellulitis which accounts for why I have been so tired. So I am on a big dose of antibiotics. This is a rare side effect of y infusion.Yikes.

hope you are both having a good day. 

🍁🍁🌵

Respected Contributor

Sorry that you are dealing with cellulitis, Barbara. You certainly didn't need that adding to your fatigue. Good for V. I'm glad he was able to stand briefly. I hope he can get home soon. Determination will get him home.

The contractor and crew worked this morning. It is him and 2-3 wworkers.  Railings are up on the back porch and the steps are there. The dumpster was delivered this morning and filled with the tear down. It was picked back up mid afternoon. Last week - 2 and a half days for the roof. This week 2 and a half days for the tear down  and building steps and supports. R was amazed. Everything is level, pillars are wrapped, wood is stamped premium.

They can't do more until the composite wood is delivered. Fingers crossed it arrives Monday and is delivered Tuesday. The front steps are a bit narrower because there's railings on both sides now.

Linda, I hope you've had a good day. Your trip is fast approaching.

It rained earlier this afternoon while I was doing errands. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sounds like the contractors are really doing things right, Claudia.  I'm glad you picked them.  I was reading about shortages/high prices for food, etc., and it seems there are multiple reasons why this is happening.  From what I read, this will not be much improved until at least next year.  

Very sorry you have cellulitis, Barbara.  You certainly don't need another problem.  Hope the antibiotics really help.  Good for V standing up.  I think you are correct about his determination to get back home.  Rehab facilities are necessary sometimes, but most of us would like to recover at home instead if possible.

Still pretty hot here, but only in the upper 90's.  And, it was pretty nice on my walk this morning.  As you may read on the other thread, my Prolia shot has finally been pre-approved, but I will be very surprised if they can give it to me until I get back from my trip.  

I keep going back and forth about what to take, but I think I am pretty much ready.  Can't believe I am having such a struggle making these decisions.  

Question for you, Barbara -- do you take your Kindle as well as your Ipad on trips?  I am thinking of doing so since I like the small size of the Kindle, but I am pretty sure I could read my books on the Ipad instead.

Hope both of you sleep well, and you feel better, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. They have canceled the local parade for at least this year and next (perhaps forever) due to the cost --.  The White Elephant (who sponsors the parade) would rather give money to needy community groups and schools.  And, they have not made nearly as much money due to COVID closures, etc.  I am sad, but I can appreciate their reasons.   

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I am waiting for the hospice supplies to be delivered.  Recently, they were delivered by 8 or 9 a.m., but not today.  Frustrating since I would like to get this done. Still no word about the Prolia shot.  

Hope you are feeling better today, Barbara.  Also hope V is continuing to improve.

Also hope all is well with you, R, and your furbabies, Claudia.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am with V .His brother and sister in law showed up so we had a nice visit. He was able to sit for about 15 minutes and stood for a couple of minutes. Yippss. I did check with his insurance and he will be completely covered for home health care. 

my cellulitis is not any worse..it will take a couple of days. 

Linda..itis too bad that you have so much trouble with yiur prolia shot. I would be very frustrated.

ClaudiA..it sounds as if you are getting quality workmanship on your porch. Hope the puppies are doing well at the boarding place.

enjoy your evening. 💕💕

Respected Contributor

It's too bad the hospice supplies did not arrive at the usual time, Linda. I hope they eventually arrived in time to be delivered. It does seem doubtful you'll be able to get the prolia shot before your trip.

Today was cooler and no rain. R went to his biweekly Marine Corps League meeting. Its been years since he attended. It will be good for him.

I should be using this time to do things around the house but my get up and go has fizzled out by evening.

Barbara, how nice for V to have his brother and SIL visit. Great progress at sitting up and standing. I'm glad your cellulitis is not worse. It does take a few days to improve.

We made a trip to Lowes this morning and saw a former co-worker of mine coming out. It was good to see her. It's probably been 2 years or a bit more.

R's VA doctor is leaving the clinic. The long drive daily got to be too much. We'll miss her. I hope the replacement is near as good.

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I'm still waiting for the hospice supplies to be delivered -- crazy.  As you may read on the other thread, I went to the gym yesterday afternoon instead.  It was cloudy this morning (I didn't need my sunglasses), but now the sun is out and it is in the low 90's.  Thunderstorms are possible.

Glad V's brother and SIL were able to visit yesterday, Barbara.  Also glad he seems to be improving, and insurance will cover the care he needs at home. Hope you are feeling better.

Long story short, but I heard that "my" hospice is being taken over by another company.  I don't know the details, but the volunteer coordinator said that it will probably not affect the volunteers. 

Yesterday evening, I had a call from "my" hospice patient's caregiver (the one I was supposed to visit), who wanted me to help next week.  Unfortunately, not possible.  The volunteer coordinator said that he will probably try to do it himself.

Glad R got out to his meeting, Claudia.  I usually get pretty worn out by the evening.  And, last night I didn't sleep well.  Hopefully, tonight will be better.  I think I am mostly ready for my trip, and very happy my neighbor will look out for things while I am away.  Also glad he provided me with the name of a landscaper since I am not happy with the one I had been using.  Not that I have it done much, but I felt he was overcharging and not doing a very good job.

Sorry R's doctor is leaving.  It is difficult to replace a doctor you really like. 

DD should be ready to accept jobs next week after she receives her stamp, scanner and some office supplies, etc.   Exciting times for her.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I have supper cooking..just hamburgers and chips. 

I spent the afternoon with. V. He has one OT that he dislikes because the guy never shuts up and that makes it hard for v. To concentrate to get past the pain. Hhgot into a wheelchair, which did not go well. And then he left him when ac2nd therapist to get him ot and into bed. Not good.

Linda..I take both my kindle and iPad..mine is a mini so is easy to handle. glad plans for your trip are setting in.

Clauda..it ii is always hard when a dr leaves. Hope you had a good construction day

Supper is on

sleep well. 🥰

Linddaa..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No construction yesterday or today. We did get a message from the contractor that the composite wood will be delivered Tuesday so work will restart at that point.  My biggest worry was that the composite wood would be delayed. Even though the base of the porch is open we still close the gate as a precaution.

Last evening R did not want to deal with the gate and needed or thought he needed something from the garage. Smh. He went out the back door and balanced on the support beams to get to the steps and again to get in the house. This morning he couldn't figure out why he right ankle hurt and almost gave way on him. This afternoon he pulled the same stunt. So he is in the living room bending over to reach something. Left knee starts hurting and right ankle gives way.

Fingers crossed we don't end up going to urgent care tomorrow. He certainly was right when he referred to himself as "Hop-a-long Casualty".

Linda, that's strange the hospice supplies didn't arrive. I hope they get the delivery straightened out. I'm glad your neighbor will keep an eye on your house plus gave you a name of a landscape person. It's difficult to find the right person or company. I bet your DD is excited.

Poor V. It sounds like he had a rough day, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I am with. V. I realize he is still completely bedridden and there is no therapy on the weekends. It makes me sad, but he is determined to be walking in the next week or so. 

I need to do some therapy on myself again.lol The cellulitis is much improved. 

M and S are at a dance showcase today for dance lines. Syds school is next week. They have been told there is no handicap access..I will see about that.

Linda..too bad that your deliveries were so late. It sounds like there will not be any changes with the new hospice company but I have found there are always changes.

I think I told you that I take both my iPad and kindle with me. I think your trip is coming soon.

Claudia..yikes on Rs foray over the beams. I forgot that you were waiting for the wood.

Have a good evening ..🌇 ⭐️💥