Respected Contributor

Reformed Shopaholics week of May 9

Happy Mother's Day..I always enjoyed making my moms day special..flowers, good chocolates and a special dinner. That did not pass onto my kids..lol.

I water walked several,laps in the pool and my body is saying ouchie. V is taking me out for an early dinner. If there is a wait we will probably get In & Out. 

Linda..we do not have an outdoor seating space, but I do know the heat and sun play havoc on furniture. I am sure it felt good to go to church..it should be 95 her with 100 or so by the end of the week. 

Claudia..are you having a good Mother's Day?

I over heard a conversation between 2 men yesterday while I was resting at the side of the pool. They were saying that COVID was a hoax and the vaccine was a ruse for the government to track us. If one did get the non existent COVID hydoxichloriquine wouod cure you. And of course, no vaccine or masks for the, smh

Enjoy yiur day. 🌹🌹🌹

I overheard 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of May 9

Good Afternoon/Evening and Happy Mother's Day.  I used to make a pretty big deal out of Mother's Day as well, Barbara.  Never took Mom out for dinner, but made special dinners and also had my MIL and her twin sister plus DD when she became a Mom.  I remember that my MIL was very upset when my ex didn't do anything the first Mother's Day after we met.  So, I made a point to buy her a gift and celebrate the holiday after we were married.

Hope you enjoy your dinner and it isn't too crowded.  DD refuses to go out for Mother's Day since she had a very bad experience years ago -- overcrowded, expensive, etc., etc.  Today, my SIL and youngest DGS took her to Home Depot and they bought a grill.  Then, they came home and put it together and planned to make dinner for her.  

Hope you recover from your pool exercise.  Some conversation at your pool. 

Very long story, but I have decided to change my walking route due to a lady who believes in hoaxes.  She is in terrible shape -- old, bent over practically in half, very small, and told me that she has all sorts of diseases.  And, she has several wheelchairs and walkers outside the front door.

Anyway, she often sits outside of her house reading newspapers, and she has taken to motioning me over to tell me the latest.  One day, she told me that we were about to have a major depression.  I forget some of the other things, but the latest was that the Chinese have invaded the U.S. -- both Coasts, and have already landed in San Diego.  

I told her that I didn't believe that was true, and she insisted that she had read about it, and it was confirmed by the military (she tells me her son is a high ranking officer).  I just said I didn't believe it, but I would apologize if it proved to be true. 

Then, I decided to walk on the other side of the street from now on so she won't see me and tell me more of her horror stories.  Not kind, I know, but I just can't deal with those "sky is falling" stories, especially when I am walking early in the morning.  She hasn't said anything about COVID or the vaccine, and I hope she doesn't believe it is a hoax.  

Hope you are having a nice Mother's Day, Claudia, and both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is cold and rainy here. There's some snow in the southwest part of the county. we went out for a quick supper locally since I didn't want to cook. It's a good thing I had some cash. R paid while I went to the car. When he came out he said he used his card but the machine didn't let him leave a tip. I sent him back in with cash for the tip.

Other than that it's been a quiet day. I renewed our car registration online for 2 years. I had a bit of trouble printing it out but finally it worked. Now I just need to remember to get the inspection done by the end of June.

As my grandfather said "consider the source", Barbara. Lots of hoax stories around re: the vaccines and covid.

Linda, as you said the easiest thing is to adjust your route. I wonder if the lady has some dementia. You certainly can't reason with someone like that.

I plan to go to bed early due to R's doctor appointment first thing.

Respected Contributor

this morning I decided to reorganize my kitchen counters. I a semi open style kitchen with a long bar and a counter underneath. I had baskets to put things in, but the counter was really looking cluttered. The top shelves of my pantry are high and were full of grocery bags, paper cups etc that needed to go.

So I cleaned that out..and emptied 2 smaller shelves in a cupboard next to the stove for v to put his stuff. It now looks much better. And my hands hurt. Lol

i am going to sit for a while and hope to make it to the pool later.

we did get into tye fish place we like testerday. It was it too bad for crowds but there were people out the door to get I when we left. 

Lunda..yikes about the "hoax" lady. Good idea to walk across the street. When we were in LA there were always street people wanting to talk. I am good at ignoring..lol

i hope yiu enjoy your lunch on Weds. 

Claudia..hope you get some sun soon.,that is one thingilove here..it is always sunny.

I did order the joggers..I wear capris and crop pants mostly in Mn. Here it is mostly shorts or sun dresses. Zuda is a good brand. 

enjoy the day.

🤩🤩😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  

Hope you got some rest last night, and R's appointment goes/went well, Claudia.  Like Barbara said, it is sunny here most of the time, and I like it that way. 

I think the lady may have some dementia, but I'm not sure.  I feel a little mean for avoiding her, but I think it is better for my mental health to do so.  

Glad you got your kitchen counters rearranged, Barbara.  Hope  you make it to the pool today and enjoy the TSV.  I think if they have a future TSV in a different style, I will try them.  I think this style would be better if I were taller, but crops hit me at a very bad place -- in my opinion.  That is why I am so fond of pedal pushers or petite-sized capris.  By the way, I really, really like the Kim Gravel Flexibelle capris. 

Happy the restaurant wasn't too crowded yesterday.  DD said it took quite a while for my SIL and DGS to put together the new grill, but she enjoyed grilling on it (I thought they were grilling, but....), and plans to do so again tomorrow.  She is having training for her volunteer job in the morning, and has decided to grill chicken and vegetables for dinner since it should be easy.

She finally heard from the man who said he would work on the basement door for a very low price, but he wanted to do the work at 6:00 p.m. later in the week.  DD and my SIL are not happy with that idea, and will probably go with the other contractor who gave them such a good price for the door plus exterior painting.  But, they had another painting company over to do a bid, so are waiting to give the final okay to the contractor.

DGD still hasn't gotten approval from her insurance company for the CPAP machine -- actually, they want her to have an APAP machine, but I think they are quite similar.  She is hoping they will approve it soon.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's nice to clear things out and be more organized,  Barbara. Sorry your hands hurt though. I'm glad you enjoyed the fish place.

R's lab results were good. His doctor is ordering pt for his neck. He has his first appointment tomorrow afternoon. If that doesn't help the next step is the mri. She also  has him taking his previous med dafor his herd. With just providing he was having indigestion 2 times a day. She agreed the vascular surgeon wasn't aware of the severity of his problem.

Griffyn is limping again on his right front foot. I put the powder on the pad but plan to call his vet tomorrow. R thinks we should bandage it but I think he'd chew it off in minutes like Sammy did. Bo the German Shepherd was the only dog we ever had that left a bandage alone.

Linda, I hope your DD gets the third estimate soon. She must enjoy grilling. Fingers crossed approval comes through soon for DGD's cpap/apap machine.

Adam called later than usual last night and we had a good chat. I got to bed later than planned but didn't mind. However a few hours later I woke to Tippy barking.. She kept it up so I figured I'd better check in case R had a problem. He was totally oblivious playing his music in the back room and dozing in the recliner. So I told the young drama queen (Tippy) to cut it out. It was quiet after that but I was up every hour or so. I hope tonight is better.

It was sunny here part of the day and a bit warmer. Have a good evening and sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...My left knee did something bizarre when I got out my chair this morning. I went to pt and she remarked that both of my knees were very hot. That's the way it goes.

I would like to go to the pool but need to make sure my knee is behaving.

Linda..Hope dads breathing apparatus gets approved soon. My sil, who lives in Greenwich, Ct said the cost of gas was skyrocketing so they have filled up and are trying not to drive. Hope dd can get what she needs. and the bids come through to her satisfaction.

Claudia..naughty Tippy to keep you up all night.m calls me multiple times during the day..lol...it is usually work related. 
Poor Gryffy.

Pepper is much better.

enjoy.😁😁🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I'm just back from the gas station, and prices had not gone up since last time -- $2.97 for the least expensive, but I went for the middle grade.  I seem to remember that they told DH to use the middle grade of gasoline, which he ignored completely.  But, I decided to use it every so often, and I had 10 cents off a gallon through rewards points.  Hopefully, the pipeline issue will be solved soon, and prices and supply will stabilize.

Sorry to hear about Griffyn, Claudia.  Hope you were able to get in touch with the vet.  That naughty Tippy.  Hope you slept better last night.  It sounds like mostly good news for R -- at least he is back on the needed medication.

DD tells me that they don't expect an answer about the APAP machine for a month.  Insurance companies can sure be difficult.

Sorry about your knee, Barbara.  Sounds weird and painful.  DD didn't mention the third bid, so maybe it hadn't come in yet.

Today was supposed to be the orientation for her volunteer job, but they put her right to work answering the phones.  I'm not totally sure, but I think it is a charitable organization that helps seniors with things like rides to medical appointments, etc.  She was all dressed up, and everyone else was in jeans.  The boss said that they would really like her to go out to senior centers, etc. and give presentations/classes since she looks so nice and is a good speaker.  But, DD said she isn't ready for that just yet.

She got her assignment -- three hours every Monday morning as sort of a receptionist (mostly via the phone).  I think she will try to arrange for assistance for those who need it.  I think she enjoyed it, at least the first day.

I haven't accomplished very much today, but at least I did some stuff around the house and my exercise.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sorry your knees are acting up, Barbara. So far our gas is holding steady at $3.09 regular. We do have a local refinery. I'm not sure if that will help with the price. We usually use premium since it was recommended.

Linda, what a shame insurance takes so long to decide. I'm glad your DD enjoyed her first day. I with her as far as not ready to go out giving talks yet.

Part of R's pt involves standing in the corner to do one exercise. We just realized we have no empty corners for him to stand in. Whoops just found one - the basement landing may work.

We decided to see how Griffyn is tomorrow. I still have powder to use on the foot. He was moving better today and mostly leaving that foot alone (not licking it). I've kept him fairly quiet. Tippy is not pleased.

Respected Contributor

it's Good afternoon...I am staying in because I am in my tin man mode, it is 100 out and we have a big air quality alert.l have several new books to read and a knitting project. The cleaning ladies are due shortly.

Linda,  it appears that dd has a nice opportunity with her volunteer job. Good for her. Today was your pizza lunch.hope you enjoyed it.

I cannot believe how much extra space I have in a few of my cupboards. The only things on my counter is tye Keurig and my toaster. I have a place to out them if I want it cleared completely.

Claudia..glad gryff s foot is getting better. I hope r finds his pt as helpful as mine. We never use premium gas..with a hybrid vehicle, I do not think it is recommended.

enjoy your day.😎🌵🌵🌵🎈