Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of May 23

It has been raining all day and is 50°. I'm very glad I mowed yesterday. Rain is forecast for tomorrow and Sunday also. Not good weather for the muzzleloader rendezvous. R opted not to go because of his foot and the weather.

I'm glad your door is functional, Barbara. That's definitely a relief. Better to think you were leaving tomorrow than the day after you are leaving.

Adam called to give us a heads up. Bryan our youngest grandson is twelve. He and his dad have a set time to go online and play games. Last night Bryan announced he never wanted to see or talk to Mike again and then clicked off. Almost word for word of his older brother's statement last year. Of course legally he can't do that but it means more grief and legal fees for Mike.

Adam believes that lately when Bryan was scheduled to get online or go to his dad's that his mother and boyfriend had fun activities going on that he had to stop. What a mess.

Otherwise Adam is doing well. Like every other business his employer is having a difficult time getting new employees. They also prefer to promote from within.

Today is a tough day for you, Linda. 10 years can seem like yesterday at times.  

I'm glad only the oil change was needed, Linda. Our car needs inspected by the end of June along with oil change and tire rotation.

I hope you have a good evening.

I plan to secure message the VA doctor. She told R a month or so ago that if he continued to have heel pain she'd refer him to podiatry. He has a regular September appointment but hopefully could get in sooner. He didn't say anything to the staff when he had his acupuncture because they were very busy.

I also asked the contractor if when the porches and roof replacement starts they could begin with the back porch. That way hopefully the dogs will only need boarded for 10 days or 2 weeks. Weather could cause delays. The front porch and roof possibly taking longer wouldn't factor in.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is our last day here for a while. V is packing the car...I wish he wouod wait until it is cooler this afternoon but no. He operates on his own schedule.

the oven and fridge are clean...I washed the floors and cleaned the bathrooms. The man who is watching our home, told me his wife will come in and freshen the house up for a small fee..That will be very nice.

Sydnie called me yesterday asking for help with her mommy. M was in a manic state due to lack of sleep, work stress and being sick. Her former manager thinks she is going to work 2 full time jobs because she is the only one who knows about. Big account. He has not yet hired anyone to replace her.

Respected Contributor

.v needed help....Her current boss will not let that happen. She is back To her normal,today.  She is not working this weekend at all

Linda hs graduation is such a rite of passage. Glad yiur car is fine..we put lots of miles on our cars,  I looked at the tsv and since I do not need anymore pants, long or short it was an easy pass. When it is hot I like longer shorts or dresses. I am fortunate, I have no vein issues..the only thing I have is my scar from my replacement. Enjoy your purchase..I like the blue and rose.

Laudia..hope rs foit is better.  That is terrible about what Dylan said to his dad. My middle brother had the same situation and it has not been good. I feel badly for Mike and Adam. And you And r.

My niece , who is a year younger than mollie has contacted me via FB in the past few years.

enjoy your day..tomorrow is a long travel day so I do not think I will post.

🌵🌵😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  So sorry about the situation with your grandsons and their Dad, Claudia.  I'm very grateful that DD didn't have children with her first husband (very brief and unhappy marriage), and my ex and I divorced long after DD was grown.  

Glad Adam is doing well, and I hope R gets some help prior to September.  

I guess V didn't want to wait, Barbara, but it is a very hot time to be packing up the car.  I don't need any more pants, but the skimmers are useful for me since I never wear shorts outside of the house, and long pants can be pretty hot in the warmer months.  Of course, we have many warm months.  I'm not sure that others would notice/care about my legs or arms for that matter, but I am self conscious about the crepey skin and veins.  Certainly prefer covering my knees.

I'm so happy M's new boss is looking out for her.  That other boss is being unreasonable and cruel.

DH's older DGD called to thank me for her graduation card and check, which was very nice.  She was quite happy -- lots of graduation events.  Also, she is planning to go to Spain this summer (not sure if alone or with her family) and visit her host family and friends.  Also, the whole family is planning to go to the East Coast, including the DC area at the end of June.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.  Have a safe trip, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad M has the weekend off and her new boss is looking out for her, Barbara. Hope V got the car packed without overheating. R thought last night he might try go to the rendezvous today as he heard few people turned up besides club members. That's probably partly due to the weather. Then he found he did nor have the right shot for the muzzleloader.

He is still hobbling around so I don't feel he would enjoy himself there and couldn't compete. It is cold again today and the rain turned to drizzle.

Jamie graduated HS today. I hope my sister (middle sister) has pictures.Tonight my nephew is getting married (youngest sister's son). Attendance is very limited as it is in the church. Again I'll be hoping for pictures.

I cannot fathom Whitney's behavior. Cutting the boys off from their dad and and all relatives on both sides. Maybe someday things will change.

I hope you like the skimmers, Linda. I considered them but wasn't sure of fit. How nice to get the call from your DH's older DGD.

Have a nice evening. Safe travels tomorrow, Barbara.