Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of May 23

Good hot afternoon. I finished my pt this morning and ran the car through the car wash. I will vacuum and wash the interior windows myself. since I am feeling good it isxeasier to get things done.

our front door is a disaster. It now opens but it will not lock. The locksmith said it he thought it needed to be rehung. The search is on for someone who can do that. I do not want to leave the house unlocked. Arghhh

M ended up In the er last night .I called her late in the afternoon and she said she had been in terrible abdominal pain all day. We talked about possibilities and she finally decided to go,to the er. Unfortunately her dr is at a hospital about 15 miles away.She did not want Sydnie to drive so she called her aunt and uncle who have helped her before.,The wait was pretty long, so she sent them home. She has a cyst and colitis, which she needs to follow up with her Drs. She took an Uber home.

Another shooting...it is donssd. I believe we are e periencing the fall of this country. 

Claudia, looks like you are doing a good job of cleaning out stuff, m said Pepper wouod not leave her side yesterday. That dog is very intuitive.

enjoy the rest of the day. 

🌵🌵😂

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear about M, Barbara.  Sounds very painful.   Hope she gets some relief soon.  It is terrible about yet another shooting.  Glad your car is cleaned, including work you are doing.  That is awful about the door.  Definitely not a good idea to leave with a door that doesn't lock.  Yikes!

I have walked by "my" pool in the morning, and it hasn't seemed crowded the past few days at least.  But, it may fill up in the afternoon.  Wonder why your pool was so crowded the other day.

You have been busy for sure, Claudia.  Hope all is well there today.

DD's contractor e-mailed her this morning to say that rain was predicted, and they would not be there this week.  Of course, no rain, and plenty of disappointment.  At least her car was repaired so she could pick it up yesterday afternoon.  It is hot there, but not quite as hot as here. 

As I mentioned on the other thread, my meditation class was good, and the new air purifier is working away.

I assume you had your orders sent to MN, Barbara?  Shipping here is erratic and often slow.  I remember trying to figure out where to have things shipped when we were going back and forth to Maryland.

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Poor M, Barbara. I hope she soon feels better. Some dogs are amaxing. Now Griffyn the other night heard R was upset after dropping things (I'd gone to bed). R said he'd dropped things from his seat in the recliner, said a few choice words and next thing he knew Griffyn was laying across him until he calmed down.

That darn door. You certainly can't leave it unlocked. I hope you find someone quickly. Rotten timing with a holiday weekend.

We had brunch and then dinner out for our anniversary.

Meanwhile I got 3 bins of R's winter clothes up to the attic and went through the final bin of tee shirts under R's watchful eye. I did manage to come up with another bag to donate plus several to throw out. Now for the sweat suits. Then I need to finish my clothes.

We had a heavy rainstorm late morning A few miles north of the house  but when we got home from brunch we'd had none there.

That's too bad about your DD's door, Linda. At least the car is repaired. I'm glad you enjoyed the meditation class.

The restaurant we had dinner at had a signs up that if  a cc or debit card was used  there would be an added charge of 3.99% to cover their costs. It's the first time  we saw that. If we'd known we would have stopped at the ATM.

R's replacement c-pap mask and tubing arrived. Every 6 months he needs to call for replacements.

I hope you have a nice evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Anniversary, Claudia!

Respected Contributor

a belated Happy Aaniversary to you and r, Claudia. Ours is coming up soon..June 1..53 years. That s a loooooong time . 

Fingers crossed that our door gets fixed today. I discovered from a friend that there is an excellent handyman here in our community. He was a contractor/ carpenter. He said it needs a new door handle and whatever the lock goes into. Much cheaper than having the door re hung

I am aging for my excess activity yesterday so I am going to read candy knit for the afternoon.

Linda..poor dd with her construction work. When we had our big addition to our former house put on, they worked rain or shine.it must be frustrating for her.

Claudia, your dinner sounded nice. We will be in the mountains on Tuesday and I am not cooking. Lol

it isc101 here today...

Have a greatvrest 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is "only" 95 degrees here, Barbara.  Glad you were able to find someone to help with the door. 

Turned out that DD had quite a storm last night, so she wasn't as upset about the cancellation.  They are painting the exterior of the house in addition to replacing the door, so she wasn't sure if painting before a big rainstorm would be a good idea.  And, lots more rain is predicted.  Sorry you are paying the price for your work yesterday.  Hope you feel better tomorrow.  Glad you will be in the mountains and not cooking for your anniversary.

Fifty-three years is a long time.  If my ex and I had stayed together, it would have been 54 years for us.  Interestingly enough, I received a very rare e-mail from him the other day.  He remembered how much I liked the famous Bob Dylan song (Liked a Rolling Stone), and thought about it when he read about Dylan's 80th birthday.  Very strange to hear from him, but I was thinking the same thing when I heard about his birthday.  Wow, am I getting old.  I knew Dylan was older, but.....

I have done the hospice deliveries and plan to do my the  mailings before dinner, so I guess I should get started.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope your door is fixed, Barbara. It certainly sounds like an easier fix. Take it easy and try not to overdo.

We had a sunny day but the temperature only reached the upper 60's. Rain is in the forecast so I mowed the back yard. R used the weed trimmer and mowed a few rows until his heel started hurting. He's now hopping about convinced it's a plantar wart though it doesn't look like one to me. I hope to convince him to tell the VA clinic when he's there tomorrow for acupuncture. After all it's a 3 day weekend. Hop Along Casualty indeed.

Waiting to replace your DD's door plus paint was probably a good decision, Linda. The big storms mostly missed us. Friends in Kansas had a large tree limb fall on their daughter's bedroom and tear the electric line from the house. Luckily no one was hurt. That was odd to hear from your ex.

Respected Contributor

Adam called so I was on a long call with him and had to quickly hit post.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..the countdown is on. I was off a day because I thought we were leaving tomorrow..yikes  V just shakes his head.

I can get all of my stuff inton2 suitcase...and that includes medications, makeup shampoo etc. my Ostomy supplies have to go into separate bags. We will be gone for 4 months so I need a lot. Vs has a huge walker that takes up a lot of space.  Our car is pretty hilarious.

Linda...(((hugs)' to you today. I did not realize that it had been 10:years since your brother died. 

Hope the weather improves so dd can get her work done on her house. 
I know you do not drive very much.Our mechanic told us that one needs to get a car up to at least 55 mph for about 25 to 30 miles Once a week, I have np problem here because I am always on the freeways. When my moms driving became limited to a small area one of us wouod take her for a ride.,

Our door is functional.  The lock and latch were replaced and that fixed it. we have a very tall door..8;ft so he is going to design an accommodation for a standard door.

zclaudia..good that the storms missed you.We will be traveling I 94 east after we leave Colorado but still,will have to watch for storms. I would guess thatvAdam has experienced some good ones.  Hope rs foot is better. 

enjoy the rest of the day. 

😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope R's acupuncture helped, Claudia.  I had planters warts when I was in junior high, and the doctor cut them out.  That was painful for sure.  But, I don't remember pain from the warts themselves.  

Glad you had a chance to talk to Adam and got so much yard work done yesterday.

Good that you have things pretty much ready to go, Barbara.  I didn't realize you were going to be away for four months.  I remember packing things into every nook and cranny of the car when we were going back and forth to Maryland.  And, it was amazing how full the car was when we moved here permanently. 

Very happy the door is fixed. Sounds like the carpenter is quite talented.

Fortunately, my car was fine -- just needed a simple oil change.  I have heard that about driving more regularly at higher speeds, but I am not willing to drive just to keep the car going.  It is doing fine as it is, and I don't like driving on the highway unless it is a necessity.  Even when I go longer distances, I like to take the back roads if possible.  

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  I did think about going to a store after the oil was changed in the car, but decided against it. 

It is hard for me to believe that my brother has been gone for 10 years, and my memories of that time are not good.  Glad I made it through all those difficult times.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda