Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of May 2

I found one set of pj's. There should be one more.

Today was downright chilly. Tonight it should be 34°. I moved R's trees back into the garage. He said his neck feels a bit better but it still bothers him.

Its a good idea to take your time in deciding whether to change providers, Barbara. I'm glad you made it to the car then found the road open when you came home. A pleasant surprise.

Linda, I'm glad your DGD is doing a bit better.

Tippy, the drama queen tried her shrill barking last night. I spoke to her quietly telling her lady dogs didn't shriek and to use her quiet voice. Lol, she laid down and was quiet. Today she started up again and I tried the same thing and it worked again.

It's Netflix series involving drug cartels must have ended. Thank heavens. Way too violent for me. Wonder of wonders he's now watching The Crown.

Esteemed Contributor

Running very late.  Hope to post again later today.  My internet was down yesterday when I tried to post.  And, today, I spent a couple of hours getting the router back -- lots of chats with my provider.

I'm still having some issues, but hope things will be better later.  

Respected Contributor

It is a hot afternoon...101  currently.  No pool today cause we are meeting friends for an early dinner. My appetite is not good today, so hope it improves in a couple of hours. 

Sydnie had her mri yesterday and her foo has a stress fracture and a broken bone.So she is done with track., in a boot until it heals (8-12 weeks) and no weight bearing for 3 weeks. Poor kid. She was cute ..she is a very good sprinter and said "just think how fast I wil run without a broken foot. 

Linda..hope you get your internet going. That is very frustrating.

Claudia..at least you found one pair. Oh with R watching The Crown...love that series.That s a new one starting mid May about the underground railway. 

oh that Tippy...she is as funny ascPepper.

have a good rest of the day. 😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad you found one pair of the PJ's and Tippy seems to respond to your suggestions -- how cute.  What a contrast with our weather -- at least 97 here today (but my car said it was hotter). 

DD said DGD had made it for 36 hours without getting sick, which is great.  She has very limited food choices, and DD is using a Vitamix that I got for her to make shakes, etc.  DD is expecting to hear from one of the contractors tomorrow -- fingers crossed.

Such a shame about Syd's toe, Barbara (I take it is her toe).  She has been unlucky lately.  Good that she has a nice sense of humor.  Hope you enjoyed the time with your friends.

My longest friend (since we were eight years old) called yesterday, and we talked and talked.  This was the first time in many months, so there was a lot to share.  She and her husband drove up to their daughter's house in NJ recently (after they were vaccinated), and her son and family came up from Manhattan.  Her son and his wife are still living in a two bedroom apartment with three children (two boys and a girl who is now two years old).  And, they have mostly been working from home.  Definitely need a bigger place.  

Anyway, we had a wonderful "catch up discussion".  Then, I picked up my hearing aid (fine), and screens.  I could not get one of the screens in -- didn't surprise me since that was a replacement for the old screen and I had to break it to get it out of the window.  I have decided to put it aside until I have help.

Then, my friend Jo Ann called.  She is in an assisted living place in CA, and was in "lock down".  She and a few others came down with flu symptoms and were taken to the hospital -- no COVID, thank goodness.  But, she wasn't feeling well.  She is looking forward to getting out of "lock down" soon.

After all of that, my computer stopped working, due to the internet issues.   I think most everything is okay now, but....

My hospice deliveries went fine except for the heat.  One of "my" patients passed away a couple of days ago.  Very nice man and family who live nearby.  

I like The Crown very much, Claudia.  Some of those shows are too violent and/or too dark (can't make out what is happening due to the lighting).  Glad you enjoyed the ladies, Barbara. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you're dealing with internet issues, Linda. That's very frustrating.

Poor Sydnie. It would happen just as the weather is getting nice. I hope your appetite improves and you enjoy the dinner, Barbara.

Today was sunny and a bit warmer. The back yard is mowed. R and I took turns with the mowing after I saw more rain is likely tomorrow (98% chance).

Tippy followed me partway down the cellar steps then couldn't figure how to turn around so tried to back up the steps. What a silly sight. I couldn't persuade her to come down the steps all the way and turn around.

R just told me urgent care at the VA recommended he get an MRI for his neck. Argh. This is why I prefer to go in with him to his appointments.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good hot afternoon...if I go to the pool it will be much later. The sun is very intense today and it is 100 out right now. 

my pt session was pretty intense...be cause I am willing to work, ,y therapist has upped the reps and intensity. The improvement is excellent. 

We had fun at our dinner last night. Because of COVID, we hadn't seen them for a long time. The Chinese restaurant we. Go to serves a huge amount of food. I have more than enough for dinner tonight.

Linda..Sydnie had 2 broken bones in her foot. Glad you got your internet fixed. We can have trouble with ours periodically and it drives me nuts. 

Isnt it fun to reminisce with old friends. ??Inhave that relationship with my BFF from high school.

Hope dgd continues to feel better.

Claudia..I think you are busy with appts for R.

Enjoy the rest of yiur day.🧡🧡🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope R gets some answers from the MRI if he has one, Claudia.  That is a funny image of Tippy trying to back up the stairs.  She is quite a character.

Sorry I mixed up Syd's broken bone, Barbara.  Two bones in her foot -- yikes.  Glad you had a nice dinner with your friends and have lots of leftovers.  I wonder if I'll have some leftover pizza from our lunch next week -- hope so.  

Hope it cools down enough so you can go to the pool.  It is hot here, but not 100 degrees.  Glad PT is going well.

As you may see on the other thread, DGD has a sleep disorder, and she has been described a CPAP machine plus melatonin.  The diet is still working, thank goodness.  Perhaps with the addition of the CPAP machine, she will start feeling better.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but one of DH's old friends contacted me via FB and then email  It was nice hearing about his family.  He and is wife have been fully vaccinated, and they have seen a couple of their grandchildren will see the rest of the East Coast ones fairly soon.  In July (I think) their CA daughter and family will be visiting (they live in NJ).  His wife's Mom is living with them, and is 101 years old.  

I've not accomplished very much so far today, but I plan to start soon.  In addition to doing an exercise DVD, I want to try out some new recipes.  Finally made a dent in the leftovers I had in the freezer.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It sounds like a very enjoyable dinner, Barbara. I'm glad that the pt is helping and you see improvement.I think our temperature stayed in the 40's all day. I'm not in favor of 100° temperatures but 60 or more would have been nice.

I'm very glad I insisted we mow the back yard yesterday. It rained most of the day today.

Linda, R found he had to try various c-pap masks before finding the one that worked best. It's good to hear the diet is working for your DGD.

It's nice one of your DH's friends contacted you and gave you updates on his family.

Initially when R first tried the c-pap he gave up on it because of the mask problems. Several years went by and the VA tested him. His apnea problems had increased to moderate. The provider worked on finding a mask that he could tolerate. So far so good except for the times his gerd interferes with using the c-pap.

I had a pleasant surprise when i receivef a Mother's Day gift from Adam today.- an Irish brooch. As I told R, I'm more than happy with a phone call.

I slept soundly last night. It must have been due to the mowing we did. That grass was tall and thick die to all the rain. I'm hoping for a repeat tonight. Eta: not the mowing, the sleep.

Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am planning on getting the energy up to go to the pool a little later. We shall see..

I am making my to do list before we leave. I had sydnie check out the storage cube that has my summer things and I just need to bring travel clothes.,I am bringing some sundresses home because they are comfortable to travel in and great for hot, humid weather.

Mollie brought Pepper to the vet because she still is not acting normal. She was put on a medication to counteract the effects of DCon. Apparently it is used to kill rabbits. Yikes. Pepper gets to stay on her special diet of chicken and rice.

Linda..that is interesting about dgd needing a Cpap machine. I hope it really gets her back to normal so she can enjoy life.

Claudia..that was funny about Tippy and the steps.pepper loves to run stairs. Yiur mother days gift sounds lovely.

I am not holding my breath for tomorrow. V is giving me some $$ to buy yarn. The others are not good about the actual day....I will hear from them next week.

enjoy your day.😎😎🌵🌵

Esteemed Contributor

What a lovely gift Adam sent, Claudia.  Like you, I would be happy with a phone call or card, but I don't fight it any more.  Obviously, DD likes sending presents, so I will just enjoy.  The bouquet she sent (came very early) was a combination of light pink roses and white lilies. The lilies were not out for several days, but the roses were nice.  Then, the roses died, but now I have a big bunch of very fragrant and pretty lilies.

Hopefully, you were able to get some sleep last night, and DGD's CPAP works for her.  I know several people (including my SIL) who have them, and some had trouble finding one that worked for them.  

Good that you don't need to take home too many clothes back to MN, Barbara. Except for the first year, I never received Mother's Day gifts/cards from my ex.  And, I didn't do anything for Father's Day for him.  When DH and I married, I told him not to bother since I wasn't his children's Mother, and I think he was delighted (LOL).  Gift giving was always a problem for him -- figuring out what to give me.  

Glad V will be treating you, and I hope your children are in touch -- if not tomorrow, at least next week.

Sorry to hear about Pepper.  One of the ladies I worked with had a dog die from eating some sort of poison that was in the yard -- not her yard as I remember it.  Scary to say the least.

Hope you made it to the pool, Barbara.  Also hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda