Respected Contributor

Reformed Shopaholics week of June 27)

Respected Contributor

Re: Reformed Shopaholics week of June 27)

I could not get the correct page to post on until I did the blank one. Weird.

We had a nice rain yesterday and during the night so the grass had really gotten green.Thereare still some dead looking patches that will need a lot of water to come back.

I had to pick up a few more groceries to get through the week. Sydnie has gotten very picky but I told her that she is going yo get a variety.

M is having a problem on deciding paint colors for the living room and hallways. I think she is looking at too many color palettes but I am keeping my mouth shut. Lol.

Claudia, the craft fair sounded wonderful.I love going to good fairs that have true artisans.Hope you are feeling ok today. I always have a recovery period after doing something like that.

Linda, if you attended church,I'm sure you enjoyed it.My friends on the Oregon coast texted me that their temp will be in the mid 90s today...unheard of gor the coast.

Enjoy your day.🌻🌻

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Glad you got some rain.  They are saying we may get some rain tomorrow, which would be great.  Interesting how hot it is in Washington, Oregon, etc.  It is hot here, of course, but not hotter than normal.  And, it may be cooler than normal later this week.  I feel sorry for people who don't have AC and have to deal with that sort of heat.

Glad you were able to get some groceries, and I hope Syd will eat a variety.  That is important.  Good luck with M deciding on paint colors.  

Claudia's craft fair sounded great.  I don't think I have ever been to one that was so nice.  They claim that the fairs held in the parking lot of the local shopping center has "juried art", but I'm not so sure.  And, I think the location takes away from the idea.

I did go to church, and it was very good.  They had stopped giving out bulletins, and I have been printing out one I received on-line.  They said you could download it to your phone, but the one time I tried, it really didn't work well.  Anyway, they put the words to prayers and hymns up on screens in front, which was great.  They did that in the other church, and I liked it.

Just heard from my nephew's widow asking if she could do laundry when she is here (of course).  I asked her about food preferences, and she told me a few.  I'm so used to cooking just for me that I am concerned about cooking for two.  Now that I know what she likes for breakfast, I think it will be okay -- we can go out for lunch and dinner if I can't figure out what to serve.

Nothing exciting planned for today except doing a Walmart pick-up.  I may go to the 99 cent store to check out the produce plus some decorations for independence Day.  I have some, but would like more. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm like M, Barbara. I always have trouble deciding on paint colors. I'm holding off on interior painting till the porches and roof are done. I also would like a generator for at least part of the house since R shouldn't be without his c-pap.

What is great about Art in the Park is that they post on FB in the 6 weeks leading up to the show. Each artist is showcased so to speak. That helps me decide on the booths I'll check out. Sometimes they have last minute substitutions.

The huge one (150+) west of us doesn't list the artisans. It's a hike from the fairground parking lot and there's 5-6 buildings/barns to go through. This one takes up just a portion of the town park and I can park right at it. My only complaint is that it's held on the town's alumni weekend so there's a crowd. Good for the show though.

I had hoped to view my niece's wedding through ZOOM yesterday but they couldn't get it to work.

R decided to skip his monthly muzzleloader shoot due to his foot.

I'm glad you enjoyed church, Linda. It's 93° here. I'm very glad I went to the show yesterday when it was cooler. Garbage is out. I briefly considered mowing but once I checked the temperature it was a definite NO.

It was nice of your nephew's widow to inquire about doing laundry which of course wasn't a problem.  I bet you'll enjoy the visit.

Enjoy the evening. 

Last night after I went to bed I heard fireworks. Someone set off quite a few in a vacant field outside town. At first I thought it was thunder. I know there will be more this next week.

Respected Contributor

Itis raining very nicely here.We are expecting rain off and on today and tomorrow. I was pleased with my new urologist this morning.,He was very personable and knowledgeable.I am having a ct scan on Wednesday to rule out some potential problems.

Poor m spent time yesterday patching holes and getting things ready to be painted. This morning it was canceled.,arghh.

Linda, I forgot your nephews wife was coming to visit. I think you can easily cook for 2.,There are usually only 2 of us, but in @AZ I cook for our friends easily.She sounds like a pretty easy guest. Fingers crossed that you get rain today.

Claudia..that art fair looked wonderful. There are fireworks going off around here also.Last night I thought there were gunshots going off.Hope rs foot gets better.

Have any of you read books by Edward Rutherford?? He writes ver lengthy historical novels.I really like them 

enjoy

🌨🌨

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  No rain yet, and it doesn't look like rain so far.  Perhaps it will come tomorrow.  It is hot -- 98 degrees, but that is a little lower than normal this time of the year. 

Hope it is cooler there, Claudia.  DD said it is very hot there, and they are expecting hot weather all week.  On the way back from her volunteer job, she bought some cold cuts since cooking in the heat isn't too fun.  She had already made a bunch of salads, etc.  They are still painting her house, but hopefully that will be done soon.

Sorry you couldn't see your niece's wedding on Zoom.

Yuck about the fireworks.  I haven't heard any here, but unless they were very loud or close by, I probably wouldn't hear them with the windows closed, AC running, and hearing aids out.  There are some advantages of being hard of hearing.  LOL

Glad you were favorably impressed by the urologist, Barbara.  While I hope cooking for my niece will go okay, I am anxious about it since I have been cooking for one for the past five years.  Also, I am trying vegetarian/vegan recipes a lot, and I don't like all of them myself.  While DH was not a picky eater until he was ill, my ex was for sure.  It was always upsetting if he didn't like what I had prepared.  Futhermore, I really don't know her well at all.  

I have never read books by Edward Rutherford, but I don't enjoy reading long books.  But, I do like historical novels.

My OLLI class starts soon.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I mowed the back yard this morning. I should have started before 10:30 as it was near 90° when I finished an hour later. Rain is forecast through the weekend. Maybe that will dampen any fireworks.

I made macaroni salad for tonight but had to go to the store for celery after I had mixed it up. The poor soul parked next to me must have locked their keys in the car. When I came out a local locksmith was working on it.

A bit ago the sky started clouding up. I tried to mow out front but only got halfway finished when the wind started blowing and the rain came down in torrents. Now of course the sun is shining. Earlier it the temperature was 98° out back.

I thought the author's name sounded familiar, Barbara. Some years ago I read Princes of Ireland and Rebels of Ireland. I may have read Sarum and London also. I'm still not back to reading a lot. I'm working on a WW2 novel slowly. But at least I'm getting through the book.

Try not to worry about meals for your niece, Linda. If you can't decide what to fix you can opt to go out. R used to be very picky and it was frustrating to say the least. Enjoy your OLLI class.

Respected Contributor

happy Tuesday.I had my teeth cleaned and although the hygeniest was careful , my impalnt area now hurts. The dentist did say that it was healing well.

Now I have laundry going..my life is very exciting.lol

Linda, too bad about your herb garden. I have been successful growing them indoors both here and in Az. Good that you got to the pool yesterday. I forgot to bring a suit with me, so I ordered one because I will want it at some point this summer. 

Claudia..I have read several books by Rutherford, including those.,He has a new book about Russia that I am considering. 

Hope your day is going well 🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I imagine it is still hot there, Claudia.  Not fun to do outdoor work in the heat.  DD's painter didn't come today, but is scheduled to come tomorrow.  I know she will be happy when that job is done.  I asked, and they have no big plans for the holiday, and there may be storms.  Needless to say, I don't have any big plans, but I am sure there will be some recognition at church.

Sorry your implant hurts, Barbara.  I have two basil plants indoors that are doing okay, but my outdoor plants just couldn't take the heat.  I put them out of the sun and watered them, but.....  At least the two geraniums are doing okay.

On my first solo Road Scholar trip (to Oregon), I didn't pack a swimsuit since I didn't anticipate using the hotel pool.  But, I ended up going to the local discount shopping center on the way back from my pre-tour trip to town, and I found a very reasonably priced suit.  It was fun using that pool.  I'm sure you will get some use out of the suit you purchase.  

Today I took some items to Goodwill since the White Elephant has many restrictions about what and when you can donate, and I have too much.  Hope to donate there tomorrow.

My day is very very quiet, but that is okay.  Did an exercise DVD, and I decided to do a little cooking and some more cleaning with my new steam mop, etc.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry the implant area hurts after your cleaning, Barbara. Good idea to pick up a swimsuit.

We have no big plans for the holiday either, Linda. Tomorrow Griffyn gets groomed. We need to drop him off about 8:30. R has his eye on an electric smoker Aldi's is offering starting tomorrow. So it will be tight dropping Griffyn off and getting to Aldi's when they open.

101° a bit ago. Now its dropped to the upper 90's. One site said 103° and feels like 124°. That can't be right can it? I laid down for an hour or so mid afternoon. So grateful for air conditioning. I decided I wasn't finishing up the mowing today.